Where are the Splash plays??

Tatonka68

The ESPN Primetime splash plays have been missing most of the year. The long TD bomb, INT returns, Strip sacks, long TD runs?? As we see it these are not needed to win, but please??? I think this week we get them in Miami. I expect Allen to connect with a long TD bomb to either Foster or Brown. I expect some on defense to snag a pass and take it back for 6. I expect Hughes to show up and strip sack Fitz, I expect Motor to rip off long runs. Lets take it to the next level please. Buffalo 31 Miami 14.

And then carry this on for the rest of the Season, Kindergarten is over. Time to put on grown up pants.

I hope this week will be the turning point for our offense moving forward !!! 

Let Allen ball and if there’s INT’s along the way so be it , 

I want to see more then 16 points a game , 

i want to see more then 180 yards passing 

and let’s feed the ball to the motor more then 8 times a game !!! 

Lets go baby let’s go Buffalo 

Edited by Putin

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

When you do not hit long balls, make spectacular catches, take a run 80 plus yards, return a punt for a TD, hit a super long field goal, have a pick six etc you haven’t given media outlets anything to work with.  This sums up the boring brand of football we are seeing.

This is true.

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

When you do not hit long balls, make spectacular catches, take a run 80 plus yards, return a punt for a TD, hit a super long field goal, have a pick six etc you haven’t given media outlets anything to work with.  This sums up the boring brand of football we are seeing.

And we all know, the goal of every team should be to provide ESPN with high quality highlights.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, KD in CA said:

And we all know, the goal of every team should be to provide ESPN with high quality highlights.

Please don’t spin this- I think we all know it isn’t an ultimate goal of any team to provide worthy, jaw-dropping highlights however they come with good talented teams. It is just the nature of the beast.

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Please don’t spin this- I think we all know it isn’t an ultimate goal of any team to provide worthy, jaw-dropping highlights however they come with good talented teams. It is just the nature of the beast.

My point is, the answer to the Bills problems is not more strip sacks.  Sure those are nice, but 'splash' plays come and go and are often based on luck.  Winning teams more frequently get that way through consistent, efficient, mistake-free play.   CJ Spiller and Sammy Watkins are great examples of guys who provided splash plays but were ultimately not reliably consistent players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

it was an incomplete forward pass.

A forward pass has to travel forward. A dropped ball in front of you that someone runs by and grabs out of air is a hand off, but the NFL is a funny place with its rules. The shovel pass is a forward pass. This new age jet sweep is also if the qb actually pushes it fw to them. I don't think this one was, or was the one Allen had last year(which was ruled as a fumble), but, agree to disagree. 

The Bills need better playmakers and more touches and snaps for the ones on the roster that might be.   They don't have a guy that is great at body control at WR that they suit up regularly.  John Brown and Cole Beasley are decent receivers but not a 1 and 2.  The other guys like Roberts and McKenzie don't adjust and track the ball in the air very well - this is part of the issue with the deep balls BTW.  It's a large part on Josh but not entirely but I've seen the WRs slow down or adjust their route late on these deep balls to then see them sail over them and thinking to myself that could have connected had the WR continued running at top speed.  I get that the ball placement could have been off and caused it, but deep threat WRs make a living tracking these down. 

They don't have a RB that is a big play waiting to happen that the give the ball to enough.  Singletary doesn't get enough touches and they need to utilize him in the screen game more.  They could also use a better option than Gore as the change up RB.  Yeldon is a fumbler but is a good option in the passing game.  I like Gore and think he is a tough runner, but he isn't going to juke, run over, or electrify - he's a grinder.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

We play a pretty boring workmanlike brand of football right now on both sides of the ball. We don't get many big plays on offense but we also don't give up many big plays on defense either.

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

Already established on other threads that it should have been a fumble bud.

It should not based on league rules. Unfortunately people's opinions on forums don't men anything, it's the actual league rules and their interpretation by officials that counts.

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We play a pretty boring workmanlike brand of football right now on both sides of the ball. We don't get many big plays on offense but we also don't give up many big plays on defense either.

It should not based on league rules. Unfortunately people's opinions on forums don't men anything, it's the actual league rules and their interpretation by officials that counts.

Rule 8 Forward Pass, Backward Pass, Fumble Section 1 Forward Pass DEFINITION Article 1 Definition It is a forward pass if: (a) the ball initially moves forward (to a point nearer the opponent’s goal line) after leaving the passer’s hand(s); or (b) the ball first strikes the ground, a player, an official, or anything else at a point that is nearer the opponent’s goal line than the point at which the ball leaves the passer’s hand(s).

Read above.. arm motion don't mean jack. It's from where the ball leaves the hand to where it lands on the field.

18 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

That was not a strip sack, it was an incomplete forward pass.

i don't want to condemn that other person to have to grind on this nonsense for another 50 years, but I'm starting to wish it....  :D

31 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

A forward pass has to travel forward. A dropped ball in front of you that someone runs by and grabs out of air is a hand off, but the NFL is a funny place with its rules. The shovel pass is a forward pass. This new age jet sweep is also if the qb actually pushes it fw to them. I don't think this one was, or was the one Allen had last year(which was ruled as a fumble), but, agree to disagree. 

That was the correct call, it's a shuffle pass.

We can't not like it all day long but it's a shuffle pass same as the jet sweep the Bills run, yardage goes down as passing yards.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

The ESPN Primetime splash plays have been missing most of the year. The long TD bomb, INT returns, Strip sacks, long TD runs?? As we see it these are not needed to win, but please??? I think this week we get them in Miami. I expect Allen to connect with a long TD bomb to either Foster or Brown. I expect some on defense to snag a pass and take it back for 6. I expect Hughes to show up and strip sack Fitz, I expect Motor to rip off long runs. Lets take it to the next level please. Buffalo 31 Miami 14.

And then carry this on for the rest of the Season, Kindergarten is over. Time to put on grown up pants.

The splash plays all left for other teams. 

Personally I think the biggest problem is coaching. Allen is being coach to "not loose" and it's taken a bit of his edge away this year, let the kid sling the rock, if it's a turn over then so be it, he will learn the hard way but at least let the kid go down swinging. This coward ***** is for the birds.