Is Dawson Knox the 3rd best receiver on the team?

Motorin'

14 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I'd put him 4th on the team after Brown, Beasley and Duke.

Why they're giving Foster active duty over Duke is weird to me.

The Browns were shifting their safety to help the corner every time Foster ran a go route.  It helped open up the field giving Brown, Beasley, and Knox more opportunities.  They obviously respected his speed.  Duke Williams doesn't provide that.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The Browns were shifting their safety to help the corner every time Foster ran a go route.  It helped open up the field giving Brown, Beasley, and Knox more opportunities.  They obviously respected his speed.  Duke Williams doesn't provide that.

They would need to respect John Brown's speed running the same go route, and Brown can actually track and catch the ball.

Duke is a great guy to use in the red zone, The TD that he caught seemed like he had plenty of separation. Duke seems like the guy that is open even when he's not open, I think we need that on the field.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, Motorin' said:

I noticed Rambo split out wide on several occasion against the Browns. His stats show he has the 3rd most receiving production after Brown and Beasley, with Singletary next behind him.

Should the Bills be utilizing Knox as the #3 or #4 wr on clear passing downs?

YES.-Because he is a tough guy/tough runner after the catch.

But when you start talking about who the 'best' receivers are--remember that they are dealing with a QB who cant hit the broadside of a barn from more than 25 yards away.

Not really fair to the receivers.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, PaattMaann said:

also has more targets than anyone else other than Brown and Beasley....also has a terrible catch %

How many are actual drops vs un-catchable?  Brown isn't a whole lot better, so to say he has a terrible % considering he's a 3rd round draft pick when compared against Brown, doesn't really look all that bad. 

But overall a meaningless stat without knowing how many were catchable. 

The Bills offensive weapons don't scare anyone. Two decent but undersized wrs, an underutilized rookie rb paired with a 40 yr old and little else. The fact that a rookie te with problems catching the ball is their 3rd best receiver says it all.

Not surrounding their young QB with weapons but asking him to throw 40 times a game is not a good plan.

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The Bills offensive weapons don't scare anyone. Two decent but undersized wrs, an underutilized rookie rb paired with a 40 yr old and little else. The fact that a rookie te with problems catching the ball is their 3rd best receiver says it all.

Not surrounding their young QB with weapons but asking him to throw 40 times a game is not a good plan.

Yeah well the guy throwing the rock plays a role in all this too, you know.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:50 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Probably, and that shows just how lacking the Bills are in offensive weapons. They have 2 WRs that should be on an NFL roster .

it shows something. not sure it is how limited they are with weapons honestly.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:37 PM, JESSEFEFFER said:

He was so under utilized at Ole Miss that there is no way he could be even close to a finished ball catcher as a rookie.  He has done well so far, imo, and will do more.  If the offense makes a late season surge, he'll be part of the reason.  He showed well against the Browns.  Two balls he did not come up with were part on Josh and part on his not having his big body in quite the right position.  He is learning fast and will be a tough matchup going forward.

excellent post
I would like to get Sweeney on the field.
Kroft was picked up before the draft if i recall.
Not sure how i feel about him. But Knox ? Yes i see him getting better and better in all aspects of his game , and playing for the Bills long term ( hope)

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They signed Yeldon to catch the ball out of the backfield, so he's inactive every week.

That was more insure they had one. In case Singletary did not work out i bet.

Yeldon still fumbles btw

On 11/14/2019 at 8:28 PM, Augie said:

He’s certainly had some bad drops. I also like what I see in general. He blocks pretty well, he’s got some fire in his belly and he makes plays. I hope he learns to focus on the catch and keep growing into a special TE. 

He has made some fine catches as well.
I agree with bolded