Is Dawson Knox the 3rd best receiver on the team?

Motorin'

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

I assume they’re trying anything to get Allen’s deep ball going. Plus, Fosters had a few good plays on coverage teams. 

He can't track a ball or catch one ... He needs to be gone.

Brown and Mckittrick are as fast as Foster and they can catch a ball.

• Haha (+1) 1

He was so under utilized at Ole Miss that there is no way he could be even close to a finished ball catcher as a rookie.  He has done well so far, imo, and will do more.  If the offense makes a late season surge, he'll be part of the reason.  He showed well against the Browns.  Two balls he did not come up with were part on Josh and part on his not having his big body in quite the right position.  He is learning fast and will be a tough matchup going forward.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

And Allen has miss fired to those two as well... He ain’t hitting anyone deep regardless of their tracking ability. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

Now in all Honesty the Bills SHOULD Target Knox alot more

Knox when TGTed has Allen at a 91.5 QB Rating

Second compared to the 94.8 rating when TGTing John Brown

The WR that really needs to be used more in the Offense is Isaiah McKenzie.

Catch Rate of 80%

Catchable TGT Rate of 86.7%

0 Drops 

True Catch Rate of 92.3%

37.6 Target Premium

128.6 Rating from Allen when Targets him

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Catch Rate of 80%

0 Drops 

True Catch Rate of 92.3%

37.6 Target Premium

Don’t those jet sweeps count as catches and passes for Allen and McKenzie?

Don’t those jet sweeps count as catches and passes for Allen and McKenzie?

They do.  what has he actually ran 3 maybe.  ( I know they run that action all the time but I only remember the ball going to him three times maybe 4)

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/isaiah-mckenzie/

he does have 15 air yards per TGT so I doubt that is all Jet Sweep stuff

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Catch Rate of 80%

0 Drops 

True Catch Rate of 92.3%

37.6 Target Premium

I'd like to see how often he is getting open and not targeted vs. how often he is not getting open?

Just now, Motorin' said:

I'd like to see how often he is getting open and not targeted vs. how often he is not getting open?

He only gets 36.8% of the offensive snaps.

I DO say he SHOULD be the 3rd WR coming into the Game.

One thing is for sure they should NEVER us Andre Roberts at WR

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/andre-roberts/

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They do.  what has he actually ran 3 maybe.  ( I know they run that action all the time but I only remember the ball going to him three times maybe 4)

Pretty sure they’ve run at least one every game he’s been active. Definitely not something I’ve paid close attention to though. I just wonder if the completion percentage is inflated due to those plays and small sample size. Generally speaking the  “mean” should be near the percentage of catchable passes Allen throws. ?‍♂️

Pretty sure they’ve run at least one every game he’s been active. Definitely not something I’ve paid close attention to though. I just wonder if the completion percentage is inflated due to those plays and small sample size. Generally speaking the  “mean” should be near the percentage of catchable passes Allen throws. ?‍♂️

They run the action every game, but I am sure he hasnt gotten the ball every game.  If you look at his profile and look at the 2018 compared to 2019, it sure seems they have scald him back and put him in that Gimmick Box.

And his AVG Cushion Given is 5.13 yards, there are easy completions with him (much like Brown) when he is on the field

Beasley only gets 3.79 yards in Cushion and avg depth of TGT at 7.8 but does get a nice 1.9 yards in seperation

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He only gets 36.8% of the offensive snaps.

I DO say he SHOULD be the 3rd WR coming into the Game.

One thing is for sure they should NEVER us Andre Roberts at WR

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/andre-roberts/

I think it's valid to say he should be the #3 coming into the game. I think Daboll is switching out packages too frequently to try and be complicated, when the offense needs consistency. 

25 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

McKenzie has lots of trouble tracking deep balls too

He's a threat on gadget plays and some routes within 15 yard of the LoS but he isn't a real deep threat either and struggles tracking

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

he does have 15 air yards per TGT so I doubt that is all Jet Sweep stuff

He's gotten it atleast 5-6 times

On the jet

Edited by Buffalo716

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They run the action every game, but I am sure he hasnt gotten the ball every game.  If you look at his profile and look at the 2018 compared to 2019, it sure seems they have scald him back and put him in that Gimmick Box.

And his AVG Cushion Given is 5.13 yards, there are easy completions with him (much like Brown) when he is on the field

Beasley only gets 3.79 yards in Cushion and avg depth of TGT at 7.8 but does get a nice 1.9 yards in seperation

There were a few games where they ran it multiple times. I didn’t keep track. 

I think my bigger issue is that Daboll seems to be getting predictable with his deceptions. They need to start incorporating other players into the jet sweep like they did with Knox once. Make the D worry about the jet sweep anytime a player goes in motion by giving one to Beasley, Brown, Knox, etc. Heck, lineup Yeldin in the slot and run it. All of this could benefit the screen game as well while freezing defenders for actual routes. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

There were a few games where they ran it multiple times. I didn’t keep track. 

I think my bigger issue is that Daboll seems to be getting predictable with his deceptions. They need to start incorporating other players into the jet sweep like they did with Knox once. Make the D worry about the jet sweep anytime a player goes in motion by giving one to Beasley, Brown, Knox, etc. Heck, lineup Yeldin in the slot and run it. All of this could benefit the screen game as well while freezing defenders for actual routes. 

screen game gets hurt because of Josh Allen. Running QBs will hurt the screen game because of the Spy. Add that to how teams Rush a Running QB and you have impacts to the Screen Game no matter what else occurs 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1