Would you want the Bills to sign Tom Brady?

BillsFan8083

No.  He's 42 and starting to look every bit of that.  He's mediocre at this point in a system that is designed for him.  Picks, dinks, dunks.  When he's pressured, he throws the ball into the ground.  Can you imagine what he'd look like in the Bills' offensive scheme?  Remember Peyton Manning?  He looked pretty good until he didn't.  Win, lose or don't make the Super Bowl, I'd be surprised if Brady is back with NE next year and surprised if he doesn't retire.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is like an annual thread, right?

This is the song that never ends
It just goes round and round my friends
some people started singing it not knowing what it was
and we continue singing it forever just because
This is the song that never ends
it just goes round and round my friends
some people started singing it not knowing what it was
and we continue singing it forever just because
this is the song that never ends

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'd welcome him in a heartbeat, if he was still very close to his current level when we got him.

I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills--not individual players--and I do not put any individual ahead of the team.

Right now, this year, with this coach and everything just as it is, if we swapped QBs with NE this week and kept Brady for the rest of the season we could get to the Super Bowl IMO and maybe win it.

I care much more about winning a SB than hating on Tom Brady.

Meh ... he'd get killed behind our offensive line even if they were allowed to hold like patriots line is allowed to.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Not at all, but he wouldn't win without Brady this year if he suddenly lost Brady tomorrow. 

It would actually be really interesting to see play out.  The rep of the AFC in the Super Bowl would be the winner of the Brady  led Bills and the Brady-less Patriots probably!

As a purely hypothetical matchup I admit that could be intriguing. Maybe the nuclear fission scientists over at the "Madden 20____" offices could make that happen. 

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah, 9 SB appearances and 6 wins.

He sucks! 

Who needs a system QB!

Go Josh Allen!

Let this year play out--I firmly believe that the improvement shown by Josh post-elbow injury last season as well as the increased short/intermediate % gains made this year, bode well for his shot to become the franchise we all hope he will grow into, sooner than later. He passes an eyeball test for me that no other Bills QB post-Kelly has.   

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

well, Brady is also bad with the deep ball now, but on a 2-3 year deal I'd be okay with any veteran QB.  He could help Allen with pre-snap reads, etc.  Would be a good vet starter.  Plus, all the 15 yard penalties we would get when another team gets near him.   

Farve had a few good years left after leaving Green Bay.  

I'd also go after Teddy B, but that would be less mentorship of JA and a competition scenario, which might be better overall because Brady could come here, and JA could still play like he has this year (subpar by any metric), once Brady retires.  

Every metric except wins and losses that is  ?

Based on lurking in the enemy's boards and seeing rumors I wouldn't be surprised at all if the gruff, "all work no play" atmosphere of Belichick has worn thin with Brady, and now that he's won 6 rings he wants to go somewhere else and experience a different vibe, where it's more "fun" to come to work

I think Brady is tired of being hated and thinks if he left NE he could enjoy a few years of being celebrated by NFL fans outside of NE. 

This is actually a fascinating philosophical question... IF Brady played against NE, who would you root for? For me, it would be Brady. But it's close. 

They got the cap room... Don’t think I could see him or his wife spending significant time in Buffalo however, although perhaps a state of the art training facility and a staff that has kept the roster relatively healthy might appeal to an aging QB.

Its still too early in the season, but if Josh doesn’t start “turning the corner” between reading the field, ball security, and his inability to hit a deep throw, I would be open to an improvement of any sorts at the most important position in the game.

I would also be open to bringing Teddy Bridgewater in if Josh continues to look like a project QB who might never get there.

Allen is a great kid, but I care more about my team winning football games than if my QB is the most liked player in the league.   Just give me the guy who gives this team it’s best chance at winning a Super Bowl.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Based on lurking in the enemy's boards and seeing rumors I wouldn't be surprised at all if the gruff, "all work no play" atmosphere of Belichick has worn thin with Brady, and now that he's won 6 rings he wants to go somewhere else and experience a different vibe, where it's more "fun" to come to work

I think Brady is tired of being hated and thinks if he left NE he could enjoy a few years of being celebrated by NFL fans outside of NE. 

This is actually a fascinating philosophical question... IF Brady played against NE, who would you root for? For me, it would be Brady. But it's close. 

Maybe Rex Ryan will come back, and he can play on his team!

I'm not ready for Brady vs. the Patriots..... I bet he goes to the Redskins or something, knowing he wouldn't play against the Patriots for 4 years.

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

Maybe Rex Ryan will come back, and he can play on his team!

I'm not ready for Brady vs. the Patriots..... I bet he goes to the Redskins or something, knowing he wouldn't play against the Patriots for 4 years.

Oh, I'm ready for Brady vs NE! Think of the viewership for that game...

We would be so conflicted... 

I think it matters a lot more if Belichick is still HC at that point. If it's Josh then it loses a lot of sizzle. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

well, there would be a benefit to that.  

He gets here and does well, we win.  

He gets here and sucks, he is exposed as a system QB.  

Win win. ! 

Umm no one would call him a system QB if he fails at 43... they say “they failed build a team around him”, “Father Time finally caught up with him” but no one go the “system QB” angle anymore he is just to old and proven..