Would you want the Bills to sign Tom Brady?

BillsFan8083

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/14/alex-guerrero-tom-brady-now-says-he-can-play-until-hes-46-or-47/

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has long said he could play until he’s 45, but Brady’s longtime personal trainer Alex Guerrero says Brady has lately been saying he’ll play even longer than that.

Guerrero said on WEEI that the 42-year-old Brady has been telling him he’d like to play until he’s 46 or 47.

“It all comes to commitment, really,” Guerrero said. “No one thought you could play at the elite level in your late 30s, early 40s. That is something we always felt we could do. I have really wanted to be there to help him accomplish that goal. I certainly do believe that 45 is a very realistic goal. We talk about it all the time. Every year he just adds another year. He goes in and he’s like, ‘Guys, I feel so good still. I think I am going to go till 45.’ I am like, ‘OK.’ Now he’s like, ‘Alex, I think I can go like 46 or 47.’”

That would keep Brady in the NFL through the 2023 or 2024 seasons. But will he stay in New England that long? Guerrero said it’s too soon to say whether Brady will be in the Patriots’ training camp next year, or whether he’ll leave in free agency.

“I don’t know,” Guerrero said. “It’s not July 2020. I am focused on today. I am just trying to get Tom ready for practice today. It’s Thursday.”

Wherever he is, Brady sounds committed to playing at least a few more years in the NFL.

I'm not saying he would ever choose to come here, I'm just curious how Bills fans would react.  Let's say that Josh Allen regresses throughout the rest of the season and the front office questions whether he's the long term answer at QB.  If Brady decides to step away from New England after this year and become a free agent, how would you feel if McBeane went after him and signed him to a 2 or 3 year deal?

6 minutes ago, BillsFan8083 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/14/alex-guerrero-tom-brady-now-says-he-can-play-until-hes-46-or-47/

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has long said he could play until he’s 45, but Brady’s longtime personal trainer Alex Guerrero says Brady has lately been saying he’ll play even longer than that.

Guerrero said on WEEI that the 42-year-old Brady has been telling him he’d like to play until he’s 46 or 47.

“It all comes to commitment, really,” Guerrero said. “No one thought you could play at the elite level in your late 30s, early 40s. That is something we always felt we could do. I have really wanted to be there to help him accomplish that goal. I certainly do believe that 45 is a very realistic goal. We talk about it all the time. Every year he just adds another year. He goes in and he’s like, ‘Guys, I feel so good still. I think I am going to go till 45.’ I am like, ‘OK.’ Now he’s like, ‘Alex, I think I can go like 46 or 47.’”

That would keep Brady in the NFL through the 2023 or 2024 seasons. But will he stay in New England that long? Guerrero said it’s too soon to say whether Brady will be in the Patriots’ training camp next year, or whether he’ll leave in free agency.

“I don’t know,” Guerrero said. “It’s not July 2020. I am focused on today. I am just trying to get Tom ready for practice today. It’s Thursday.”

Wherever he is, Brady sounds committed to playing at least a few more years in the NFL.

I'm not saying he would ever choose to come here, I'm just curious how Bills fans would react.  Let's say that Josh Allen regresses throughout the rest of the season and the front office questions whether he's the long term answer at QB.  If Brady decides to step away from New England after this year and become a free agent, how would you feel if McBeane went after him and signed him to a 2 or 3 year deal?

well, Brady is also bad with the deep ball now, but on a 2-3 year deal I'd be okay with any veteran QB.  He could help Allen with pre-snap reads, etc.  Would be a good vet starter.  Plus, all the 15 yard penalties we would get when another team gets near him.   

Farve had a few good years left after leaving Green Bay.  

I'd also go after Teddy B, but that would be less mentorship of JA and a competition scenario, which might be better overall because Brady could come here, and JA could still play like he has this year (subpar by any metric), once Brady retires.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Nope.  Would never happen.  I wanna say he'll retire a Patriot, but anything can happen.  Great QBs like Montana and Favre finished their careers in a different uniform, so it is possible he will too.  Just not our team.  As much as we hate him, it's sad and painful to say that we would welcome him with open arms

Edited by Circlethewagon8404

No.

Too much hate spilt toward him over too long.

I actually think he is fairly marginal skill wise and would likely be exposed outside new england.  

Guerero's comments reek of brady's camp continuing to posture over... something.  Somethings up there.  Is he trying to push Beli out?

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I would be very happy with Brady on the Bills.  I've always loved him and I always will.  He's the best and I wish we had drafted him.  

Felt the same way about Vick

Maybe you should go be a Patriots fan, traitor.

• Haha (+1) 9

31 minutes ago, BillsFan8083 said:

Why not add a poll?

As for my answer, it's "No"

See Bledsoe, Drew