Bills should move CHRIS BROWN to Scouting Department

kirkwoodus13

52 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I remember Brown being super skeptical of Allen during the draft process, and he took McDermott at face value when he said they're looking for a QB with accuracy and eliminated his belief that we'd actually pick Allen.

And then we did...

Accuracy can be refined, but it can't be taught. Generally speaking inaccurate college passers don't become accurate passers once they get to the NFL and the throwing windows become smaller because defenders are so much better. 

hes been more than fine fitting balls in tight windows, he has no touch on long balls, that is where his accuracy has been poop since coming into the league. 

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

In his defense, he was just as critical against EJ and Tyrod. People argued relentlessly that he was just a hater and would be proven wrong.

Which could also mean that he is just always critical of our QB, whoever it is, and has unfortunately been right so far. That doesn’t automatically make him a good evaluator of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Was EJ a flop or was he ruined by Marrone as a number of folks still like to say ?   

I'm a big time Noles fan and watch them all the time. I didn't want EJ to come to Buffalo. He wasn't that good in college: 48 td's to 28 int's. I didn't want Allen either. The 2 guys I wanted (Darnold then Baker) were gone already. It's still early though. I have hope.

47 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the rober character above you there has been a full force basher here the last couple days and is beyond annoying with her little crusade.

Get used to it. Once he starts he doesn’t stop. It’s beyond annoying. He shows up like a zit every now and again and you just have to ride it out for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

In his defense, he was just as critical against EJ and Tyrod. People argued relentlessly that he was just a hater and would be proven wrong.

And he loved Jameis Winston and said we should trade all our picks to move up for him. I remember it well...

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Chris Brown knows what he is looking at. The takes he has aren't much different than those outside Buffalo, the reason he is critical is because we have terrible personal on & off the field and have never had what he takes to win consistently in today's NFL 

39 minutes ago, bouds said:

I hated Josh Allen coming out, hated most of the QBs except Mayfield and Lamar, but Chris Brown loved him some Josh Rosen, so he was right on one Josh, wrong on the other.  Still remember Chris' rant, thought he was bang on.

He’s “right” on a guy that has already been traded and is currently a backup to a journeyman?  Ok dude...

57 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I remember Brown being super skeptical of Allen during the draft process, and he took McDermott at face value when he said they're looking for a QB with accuracy and eliminated his belief that we'd actually pick Allen.

And then we did...

Accuracy can be refined, but it can't be taught. Generally speaking inaccurate college passers don't become accurate passers once they get to the NFL and the throwing windows become smaller because defenders are so much better. 

Excellent point, like Bill Parcels said, a guy that throws 50-55% in college, what makes you think he is going to be over 60% in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I almost completely disagree.  While he's been inaccurate on deep throws, his short to intermediate throws have been accurate, IMO.

Exactly. I’m sick of the accuracy complaints about Allen. It’s just easy for people that don’t know much about football to hang onto this theory because the media was saying it predraft. Bottom line is Allen is accurate on the short to mid stuff and the only real problem is the deep ball. I’m tired of hearing about the deep ball as if it’s some kind of high percentage throw to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Excellent point, like Bill Parcels said, a guy that throws 50-55% in college, what makes you think he is going to be over 60% in the NFL.

Ummm...he’s right around 60% right now, so there’s that...

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Exactly. I’m sick of the accuracy complaints about Allen. It’s just easy for people that don’t know much about football to hang onto this theory because the media was saying it predraft. Bottom line is Allen is accurate on the short to mid stuff and the only real problem is the deep ball. I’m tired of hearing about the deep ball as if it’s some kind of high percentage throw to begin with. 

Ummm...he’s right around 60% right now, so there’s that...

Yeah we will see where he ends up at the end of the year.  That % has been going down from the beginning of the year.  I am not an Allen hater at all.  I like the kid, but... you could look at posts I made prior to the draft & my big concern with him was accuracy.  Even the first drive last game, 3rd down slant to Brown, if he hits him in stride Brown has a got a big gain.  He throws it 3 feet behind him.  Those are plays he can't miss.  There drive killers & game killers.  The one miss down the seem to Mckensie was brutal.  He seems he 3 or 4 bad misses every game & the Bills offense isn't good enough to overcome this sometimes.  

If he can throw very accurately in practice, but misses in the games, that to me is fixable.  To me tat means he's panicking and then the mistakes come.  As he gains experience, both in games and practice, the throws become second nature and the accuracy improves.    Read someplace most of his accuracy issues occur when he moves to his right, again as he gain experience, that may go away.

29 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm a big time Noles fan and watch them all the time. I didn't want EJ to come to Buffalo. He wasn't that good in college: 48 td's to 28 int's. I didn't want Allen either. The 2 guys I wanted (Darnold then Baker) were gone already. It's still early though. I have hope.

+1    .    EJ never had it .  And to blame his failures on Marrone is kind of ridiculous

41 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Lamar Jackson was still on the Board until the 32nd pick, so there are a lot of scouting depts looking pretty dumb this year.

If we weren’t trading up for Rosen I was a fan of picking Jackson at 23, but then I heard him speak... I (wrongly) allowed his vernacular to correlate to his football IQ and I assume most NFL GMs felt the same. On the surface you had a guy perform at a high level at a division I program, putting up stats his comparable, Vick, could only dream about, but since the NFL is such a cerebral league, I didn’t think he’d have what it took to thrive. It’s still early, but I wish the Bills would’ve kept both 2nd rounders and selected Jackson at 23. Even if he wasn’t the same player on the Bills as he is in Baltimore, I do think he’d be an upgrade to Allen. At some point talent takes over, even in the face of lesser coaching.

19 minutes ago, Gordio said:

so, you're saying he hasn't or isn't going to go over 50-55% do you.

do your research before looking a fool.

Josh Allen leads NFL quarterbacks in this category plus 8 other noteworthy numbers from Week 7

6 of 9 games so far he has went over 60% completion % and is holding a 59.9% avg.

so tell me bill, how has he gone over 50-55% then?

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so, you're saying he hasn't or isn't going to go over 50-55% do you.

do your research before looking a fool.

Josh Allen leads NFL quarterbacks in this category plus 8 other noteworthy numbers from Week 7

6 of 9 games so far he has went over 60% completion % and is holding a 59.9% avg.

so tell me bill, how has he gone over 50-55% then?

I am just telling you what Parcells said Dipsh*t.  

I have no idea if he is going to be over 60% passer.  He wasn't at Wyoming, where he was a 56% passer.  

I might add 60%  is not what it used to be.  The upper echelon QBs in the league are throwing for the most part over 65%.