Anyone else think Bills will dominate on Sunday?

ShakAttack

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are catching a little bit of a break as Preston Williams, Drake(no longer with team), and surprising RB Walton..... I just don’t trust the Bills offense to put up points and our defense to shut any offense down. Their weaknesses defensively have been exposed. 

Doesn't this ever get boring to you?  Seriously.  Do you have other people writing the same old crap in 20 different threads per day?  I can't imagine you could motivate yourself to do it alone.

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Doesn't this ever get boring to you?  Seriously.  Do you have other people writing the same old crap in 20 different threads per day?  I can't imagine you could motivate yourself to do it alone.

How do you not get tired of weekly predictions that THIS is the week the Bills are going to blow someone out?

Nothing ScottLaw said was even remotely "crap," nor was it unreasonable. Saying "I just don't trust the Bills offense to put up points and our defense to shut any offense down," is NOT far-fetched at all. 

The offense hasn't had ONE SINGLE GAME where they played well for the full 60 minutes. Not one. There have been large stretches that have spanned at least an entire quarter or 2 where they struggle to even get a 1st down, let alone put up a FG. Often times the defense will even give them extra opportunities, or special teams will set us up in great field position, only for the offense to go backwards (whether via penalties, sacks, fumbles, etc.), turn it over or go 3 & out.

And everyone knows we're having these struggles against the league's worst teams! It's not like these are hard fought battles against dominant opponents on the road...instead they're against teams like the Bengals, Browns, Titans, Jets, Dolphins, etc. and they're happening at home too!

So why anyone would get upset when someone doesn't just automatically assume we're going to dominate an opponent every week is beyond me.

What we have shown is that we're going to struggle offensively each week, and that our defense will do its bend-don't-break routine. We'll play neck & neck with bad opponents, and hope that we can do just enough by the end to escape with a victory. Anyone who predicts that should not be criticized at all.

Just saying "I expect us to put up a bajillion points & Allen will have his first 300 yard game!" each week doesn't make it more likely to happen. You can't wish it hard enough into existence, so being critical of those who aren't saying absurdly optimistic/unrealistic things is just rude.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

Any team needs to get turnovers to be dominate in any game, unless you have a team that is DOMINANT.

The Bills don’t get turnovers, so how could they possibly dominate anyone?

Is the O all of a sudden going to be explosive enough to dominate?

Until proven otherwise, this game is going to be annoyingly close (like they all are). 

Miami and the points are a gift, of course, until proven otherwise.

57 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hope so. This is the type of game the Bills need to impose their will on the Dolphins. No excuses, it’s week 10 and the offense needs to step up and play complimentary football to the defense. 

This game won't mean anything in the eyes of the media if we win. We need to take 2 of 3 from the following:  Dallas, Baltimore, or the Pats to gain any recognition and credibility.  Beating the Fins just fuels the same narrative we've heard all year.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:38 AM, BobBelcher said:

Let me start by saying I’m not the type of fan you’re thinking of. There is not one game this season where I felt the Bills would cruise to victory (although I did have a pretty good feeling about the Giants game).

It is more that I feel this team plays well, especially on offense, when there is a strong sense of urgency.

For whatever reason, the Bills have not been able to play with that sense of urgency until the end of most games, and it is how they’ve won most of their games.

heck as ugly as last weeks game was, it even happened there too. The offense took the lead with under 5 mins to play yet again. 

I believe the Browns game was a wake up call, the Bills know what is on the line here and you can hear it in the press conference we’ve heard so far this week.

i think this translates to something we have been waiting to see all season, a Bills team that plays like the game is on the line for 4 full quarters, regardless of the score at any point in time. 

“coach sat us down and told us to play fearless”

The most interesting quote from JA’s presser on Wednesday. To me, that means 4 quarters of a killer instinct on offense. Heck, I think we may even see the deep ball finally connect.

The time has come to see what this offense can look like when they play a complete game and once we see that, it may even change our outlook in some of these “guaranteed losses” down the stretch

this has nothing to do with underestimating Miami. In fact, I think this could very well be that game where the offense moves the ball and puts up points but we have to count on the defense to not allow Fitz to do the same to us. Fitz is one of the most unpredictable QBs I know and he is incredibly resilient so I am really really hoping we have the game plan to bring out “fitztragic”. After all, after the past month, that Fitz is overdue. 

To answer the question in the title...nope.

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

How do you not get tired of weekly predictions that THIS is the week the Bills are going to blow someone out?

Nothing ScottLaw said was even remotely "crap," nor was it unreasonable. Saying "I just don't trust the Bills offense to put up points and our defense to shut any offense down," is NOT far-fetched at all. 

The offense hasn't had ONE SINGLE GAME where they played well for the full 60 minutes. Not one. There have been large stretches that have spanned at least an entire quarter or 2 where they struggle to even get a 1st down, let alone put up a FG. Often times the defense will even give them extra opportunities, or special teams will set us up in great field position, only for the offense to go backwards (whether via penalties, sacks, fumbles, etc.), turn it over or go 3 & out.

And everyone knows we're having these struggles against the league's worst teams! It's not like these are hard fought battles against dominant opponents on the road...instead they're against teams like the Bengals, Browns, Titans, Jets, Dolphins, etc. and they're happening at home too!

So why anyone would get upset when someone doesn't just automatically assume we're going to dominate an opponent every week is beyond me.

What we have shown is that we're going to struggle offensively each week, and that our defense will do its bend-don't-break routine. We'll play neck & neck with bad opponents, and hope that we can do just enough by the end to escape with a victory. Anyone who predicts that should not be criticized at all.

Just saying "I expect us to put up a bajillion points & Allen will have his first 300 yard game!" each week doesn't make it more likely to happen. You can't wish it hard enough into existence, so being critical of those who aren't saying absurdly optimistic/unrealistic things is just rude.

I haven't predicted a blow-out win, yet.  In fact, I told multiple people that I thought the Bills would lose to Cleveland.

I didn't say anything was far-fetched.  I think it's being discussed in plenty of threads that both our O and D have pretty much sucked since the bye.  But that doesn't mean it needs to be stated in every goddamn thread, every goddamn day.

Buffalo, under McDermott, isn't going to dominate many, if any, teams.  We all know this.  Most of us know Buffalo isn't a high-scoring offense and that Allen doesn't throw for a ton of yards. 

My criticism isn't about the prediction.  It's about the crusade.

I hope this clears things up.

Go Bills.

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What in tarnation are you yammering on about?

I should know better than to start typing before I finish my first cup of coffee.  I was just trying to say I'm sick of crusades.

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I should know better than to start typing before I finish my first cup of coffee.  I was just trying to say I'm sick of crusades.

two very indisputable truths for all of us

• Haha (+1) 1