Media taking notice: Fitzpatrick ruining Phins Tank

TBN (paywall)

https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/13/ryan-fitzpatrick-miami-dolphins-buffalo-bills-tanking-beard/

-Miami now 4th in the NFL draft order

-Shoulda known better than to sign Fitzy:

In 2007, Fitzpatrick rallied an 0-8 Cincinnati Bengals team to a 4-3-1 finish.

In 2010, Fitzpatrick rallied an 0-8 Buffalo team to a 4-4 finish, thereby knocking the Bills out of the race to draft quarterback Cam Newton the following spring.

Now this year, Fitzpatrick has helped rally an 0-7 Miami team to two straight wins.

The 36-year-old Fitzpatrick says no one has yet complained to him that he’s ruining Miami’s race to the bottom of the NFL.

Olean Times Herald (no paywall)

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/olean/miami-s-players-coaches-foiling-the-tanking-plan/article_eec9877e-e819-594f-8e43-355fd7d29260.html

" In short, the Dolphins are on a two-game win streak and were highly competitive in the three games preceding it. "

"At Miami coach Brian Flores’ Monday press conference, a reporter actually asked this question.

“Do you ever think about the fact that these wins are hurting the franchise’s chance to get a franchise quarterback in the draft?”

Flores was inordinately gracious.

“It’s not something I really think about,” he said. “My job is to put this team in the best position to try to go out there and be productive and win football games."

Toldja so Dolphins!  Toldja So!

33 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

There will be a couple good QBs and they have 3 first round draft picks.

Winning games and establishing the right culture is more important at this point than tanking.

Seems a lot like the year of Allen/Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen/Jackson.  No guarantees but some potentially good QB's in Tua/Burrow/Herbert etc.   Only problem is if they fall in love with one, it could be the same one whoever holds the #1 pick has, and that team is not trading out of that spot in that scenario.

Edited by SCBills

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems a lot like the year of Allen/Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen/Jackson.  No guarantees but some potentially good QB's in Tua/Burrow/Herbert etc.   Only problem is if they fall in love with one, it could be the same one whoever holds the #1 pick has, and that team is not trading out of that spot in that scenario.

Gonna be interesting to see who ends up with the first few picks. I could see the Skins or Falcons going with Young or trading down for a king’s ransom... Jets too. Bengals will be all in on a QB. The bottom might be tightly packed this year with so many bad teams. 

24 minutes ago, london_bills said:

In a way Fitz would be the perfect guy to be here as a mentor for Allen. 

I said that since before the draft!  He would have been a perfect backup.  I remember though, Tampa Bay signed him the day before FA in 2018 so the Bills never really have a chance to sign him.  

12 hours ago, jrober38 said:

There will be a couple good QBs and they have 3 first round draft picks.

Winning games and establishing the right culture is more important at this point than tanking.

Idk about that. How much of a different culture is it really? That big of a difference between 3-13 and 1-15? Other than losing the draft position. And does Miami even have anyone left they care about keeping? These guys are backups on most other NFL teams.