Halfway mark record predict 2nd half season record?

You should add a poll for this rather than a bunch of the same single line answers with records. 

My thoughts at 0-1 through the back half: 

MIA: hot right now, or at least as hot as a 2 win team can be. They are not an easy out. Probable WIN

DEN: They are a very good defense, I expect this to be much closer than it should be. If we beat MIA I think we win this one. If we lose against MIA we lose this. WIN 

DAL:  People have this as a blow out. Dallas has been hot and cold. Bills do not match up well. I think whoever has the momentum coming into this game wins. 50-50

BAL: Super hot right now. If they can cool down and BUF can contain Lamar, they can win. Chances are low though. LOSS

Steelers - Steelers have been hot for a while now. I think this is sort of who we wish the Bills were. Season on the line here. 50-50

Patriots - Brady and co. have a history of not making the same mistake twice LOSS and it won't be close

Jets - WIN

If we can not play down to MIA and get some offense against a very good DEN defense, we are in a good spot. If we play down to them and drop one, I think we drop both of the 50-50 games.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I really do think we'll finish 10-6. I think we'll get the next two, the Jets, and one of those nasty four.

We absolutely need that 1 of 4 stretch to be Pittsburgh. I think if we do something like beat Dallas and lose to Pittsburgh, we might miss the playoffs all together. If Pittsburgh gets through CLE-CIN-CLE (the AFCN plays each other tough regardless of how trash some can be), even with a loss to ARI, we would go into Hienz field 8-5 vs. 8-5 most likely. We will need the head to head come week 17. 

I think our best shot to the playoffs is winning the next 2, beating Dallas (more of a chance to steal that game than NE or BAL right now) and Pittsburgh. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

We absolutely need that 1 of 4 stretch to be Pittsburgh. I think if we do something like beat Dallas and lose to Pittsburgh, we might miss the playoffs all together. If Pittsburgh gets through CLE-CIN-CLE (the AFCN plays each other tough regardless of how trash some can be), even with a loss to ARI, we would go into Hienz field 8-5 vs. 8-5 most likely. We will need the head to head come week 17. 

I think our best shot to the playoffs is winning the next 2, beating Dallas (more of a chance to steal that game than NE or BAL right now) and Pittsburgh. 

I don't see us going on the road and beating Pittsburgh on their field.

How many times have we done that in our franchise history?

Just now, Nextmanup said:

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If we go 4-3 the rest of the way we are almost 100% in, if we only go 3-4 it becomes 50-50 per NYT playoff tracker. We need to beat Mia, Den, NYJ and win 1 of the 4 tough games.

If you go straight win percentage/favorites, Buffalo right now puts us into the playoffs. If we swap Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh to a loss, winning any other game, regardless of NE, BAL, DAL, we miss the playoffs entirely because we lose the head to head against Pitt. It is a must win...assuming the favorites do what they are supposed to do right now. We needed the CLE game. 

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I totally get what you’re saying. I remember feeling sorry for Andre Reed on a shallow cross getting beaten like a baby seal. It looked like an assault charge! I’m not sure if Andre would remember it. That bad!

However, it’s never been THIS YEAR before. Times change. I’m not saying we will do it,  just that history does not dictate the next game. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Truth! They best saddle up starting right now.

Losing either of those games would require us to beat Pittsburgh and steal Baltimore or New England. I believe the way the AFC is projected to fall right now (just via favorites), an NFC win would not be enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

If you go straight win percentage/favorites, Buffalo right now puts us into the playoffs. If we swap Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh to a loss, winning any other game, regardless of NE, BAL, DAL, we miss the playoffs entirely because we lose the head to head against Pitt. It is a must win...assuming the favorites do what they are supposed to do right now. We needed the CLE game. 

Couldn't agree more with the bolded!  But because it is a must win for playoff purposes doesn't mean it is actually going to be a win.

Needless to say, I hope I'm wrong.  I had the Cleveland game penciled in as a W all year long.  That game really threw a wrench into the gears.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think if we can't win the 3 we should and 1 of the 4 then we don't deserve it anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Couldn't agree more with the bolded!  But because it is a must win for playoff purposes doesn't mean it is actually going to be a win.

Needless to say, I hope I'm wrong.  I had the Cleveland game penciled in as a W all year long.  That game really threw a wrench into the gears.

It is actually pretty wild that for a team that started so hot, they seem to have their backs against the wall in a way at 6-3 down the stretch. 

Worth noting, via choosing win % in the playoff calculator, both AFC wild card teams are projected at 11-5. 

I started this year thinking 9 wins. If we got 10 I’d be happy. Any more and I’m thrilled. Still have holes to fill, and guys who need to get up to speed. 

As others have said, disappointment comes from expectations that might be too lofty. I’m still feeling fine. If we come up short, it won’t materially affect my life. I’ll be bummed, but I’ll carry on. 

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I think if we can't win the 3 we should and 1 of the 4 then we don't deserve it anyway.

I think we are on the same page here. I am just saying it isn't going 1-3 through the teeth of the schedule. I think it absolutely has to be Pittsburgh. Dallas, NE, or Baltimore, doesn't really do us any good without Pittsburgh dropping an additional game. 

Now if Cleveland can find a way to beat Pittsburgh, that changes a lot of things. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I totally get what you’re saying. I remember feeling sorry for Andre Reed on a shallow cross getting beaten like a baby seal. It looked like an assault charge! I’m not sure if Andre would remember it. That bad!

However, it’s never been THIS YEAR before. Times change. I’m not saying we will do it,  just that history does not dictate the next game. 

Of course past outcomes don't dictate future results, but patterns can be used for predictive purposes.

That aside, there is almost always a sure loss game that turns out to be a win game.  Maybe that can be the case in Pittsburgh.

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

It is actually pretty wild that for a team that started so hot, they seem to have their backs against the wall in a way at 6-3 down the stretch. 

Worth noting, via choosing win % in the playoff calculator, both AFC wild card teams are projected at 11-5. 

I wish I hadn't seen that.  That's not good.

Let's hope that turns out to be wrong.  

I don't see us winning more than 10.