Halfway mark record predict 2nd half season record?

The Bills were incredibly bad the first half of last season , but were a much better, much more competitive 4-4 team the second half.   I would argue Bills were an above .500 team exiting last season (which I guess is supported by how this season has gone so far) . 

Concerned that fans compare W-L records now at the halfway mark and assume the better record team is going to win going forward.   I am asserting that is not a good idea.  Anyone have stats on W-L record by half season?  For example, forget their records, the Browns, Phins, Broncos and Jets will likely be better the second half of the season.   By the same token, the Ravens, Cowboys and Pats won't be locks as teams get lots of film on what they did the first half of the season.  

I guess by this logic, I am imagining all Bills games are winnable (and lose-able) going forward.  Eg, I could see us losing to the Dolphins (who are playing even better now  than when they had us beat b4 TWhite bailed us out), but beating the Ravens, Steelers and Pats (who we had beat until Josh was cheap shotted out of the game) who cannot keep doing what they are doing as defenses/offenses figure them out based on 1st half of season. 

Just a thought b4 everyone starts guaranteeing wins and losses. 

thoughts?  go bills.

when I seen this thread, I had to laugh.

I think I predicted 9-7 or 10-6 at the beginning of the season, didn't go through each game w/l's but that was based off 16 games.

well, I guess if you're saying these last 7 games. lets see, they would need to win 4 more and lose 3 more to get to 10-6.

4-3

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

12 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Steelers to me are 50/50- hopefully we steal that one.

I think out of the 4 games Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, and Pats there is one win in there somewhere. The question for the Bills will be can they win the next two games? If they can take care of the Fins and Broncos I think they can take a game against one of those 4 opponents and then take care of the Jets at home. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think out of the 4 games Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, and Pats there is one win in there somewhere. The question for the Bills will be can they win the next two games? If they can take care of the Fins and Broncos I think they can take a game against one of those 4 opponents and then take care of the Jets at home. 

That is exactly my thought process too and how I see it. We will all gain a little confidence with a good showing in Miami and a W. A loss in Miami most likely ends any hopes of playoffs.

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

That is exactly my thought process too and how I see it. We will all gain a little confidence with a good showing in Miami and a W. A loss in Miami most likely ends any hopes of playoffs.

If the Bills can't win against the Fins and home against the Broncos then they don't deserve to make the playoffs. The Bills desperately need to get to 8-3. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've had us at 10-6 or maybe even 11-5 for a while, leading up to the Browns game.

Post Browns, I am now downgrading to 8-8, 9-7, or maybe 10-6.  

I actually think it is going to be 9-7 and we miss the playoffs, which is unbelievable if it happens.

But no need to go there now; still lots of football to be played.