Hauschka: didn’t feel “ideal” mentally/physically/technically on Sunday

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Such dumb posts. Beane and McDermott try to win just as much as other coaches and they move on from players all the time, regardless of culture fit.

Bingo. And lots of teams in the league have been struggling to find consistent kickers for the past few years. For whatever reason there seems to be a lack of that talent in the NFL right now.

when they make such a big emphasis on it. In media and such you can’t tell me that it isn’t thought about a lot when evaluating players. 

and fact is they extended a Kicker the is Trending downward in 2 years. 

1 hour ago, mabden said:

Not really.  He was hurt by a cheap shot towards the end of last year that effected his kicking and has been very good this year until last Sunday.

61% this year. Yeah that isn’t very good. Sorry can’t handle the fact he has been bad for two years. 

12 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

But he is a good man. A family man.

McBeane will not make this call.

Enough with the truly idiotic nonsense.

We got the whole "he he won't make the call" nonsense with Peko. And then Peko was waived. 

If you seriously think that McDermott won't let people go for reasons like these you're just wrong and obviously so.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but kickers are missing everything this season.

That last kick for Hausch was certainly not automatic.  We blew it in the last minute and could have easily gotten to a more reasonable range.

Yeah, it's been a terrible year for kickers and it's not clear why. Are they making the balls differently? I think we'd have heard about it if they had. I guess it might be that STs have gotten ever so slightly better at blocking kicks and they're trying to slightly hurry the kicks? Maybe? Dunno, really.

But he didn't lose the game for us. Plenty of blame to go around in that game. But he certainly didn't perform well, most specifically on that first kick.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I hate to ask but are the stats showing kickers are missing a lot more than recent years?

of course a PAT will be harder moving it back...

Yes, I read an article a day or two ago saying that not so many kicks had been missed since - this is from memory so it's only approximate - 2009, if I remember right. It was a while anyway.

11 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

I think they place a huge emphasis on cultural fit.

‘CULTURE’ is actually a yuuuuuge factor in NFL success, let alone life. Everyone should listen weekly to the Lombardi podcasts, a modern day genius on nailing aspects of various NFL orgs and a pretty decent prognosticator ATS (26-13-2) . They are very, very funny as well! 

He has worked for a couple of legends of the game and is friends with Billy B. The ‘Culture’ excerpt from his book:’ Gridiron Genius’.

CULTURE COMES FIRST. You can have the best game plan (or strategy or tactics) , the best team (or product or service) and the best players (or engineers or salespeople) and you may achieve short term success. But if you haven’t created an underlying ecosystem of excellence, short term success is all that it will be.

Lombardi’s other critical points:

PRESS EVERY EDGE ALL THE TIME, BECAUSE ANY EDGE MAY MATTER ANYTIME

SYSTEM OVER STARS

LEADERSHIP IS A LONGTERM PROPOSITION

YOU’RE NEVER DONE GETTING BETTER

(Of Course, whether any of these bullets reside at OBD- is the ONLY question!)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The bills did him no favors, by making him kick from that distance on a windy day. Call a better offensive play on third down, to get to a more makeable field goal.

100% Agree.

BOTH Daboll & McD were clueless about his 0 for 50 yard attempts, Daboll more so, by NOT calling the T.O. on 3rd. Down to get the best possible 8-10 yard play for Allen.

Which would have meant a makeable 40 odd yard kick!

EVERYONE watching the game saw the graphic! 

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

44 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I hate to ask but are the stats showing kickers are missing a lot more than recent years?

of course a PAT will be harder moving it back...

Yes, kicking in general is way down this season.  It's odd.