Hauschka: didn’t feel “ideal” mentally/physically/technically on Sunday

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

The trend isn't looking good. 

Make all the jokes you want, but I just want a winner in good form.

I'm not a fan of hyperbole. For me, it usually detracts from the point trying to be made. I welcome critical thinking, it's why I come here everyday. 'You're only as good as your last kick' is a clownish statement to me.

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

But he is a good man. A family man.

McBeane will not make this call.

Exactly! That’s why we still have Peko!

Oh wait, we don’t, and that outdated argument doesn’t hold water.  If they had a better option, they’d make a move. Beane has proven that he is constantly looking for ways to improve this team, as long as he doesn’t have to mortgage the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not a fan of hyperbole. For me, it usually detracts from the point trying to be made. I welcome critical thinking, it's why I come here everyday. 'You're only as good as your last kick' is a clownish statement to me.

I am happy to be proven wrong. I want to win. I want these kicks to be good, but he needs big improvement. 

Otherwise, we need to be actively looking elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

You must be disappointed most days.  

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

But he is a good man. A family man.

McBeane will not make this call.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

The Kicker that has been trending DOWN for two years. But hey let’s extend him. After all good Family Man, Has the Culture and DNA to win the right way. Yada Yada Yada 

Such dumb posts. Beane and McDermott try to win just as much as other coaches and they move on from players all the time, regardless of culture fit.

32 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Exactly! That’s why we still have Peko!

Oh wait, we don’t, and that outdated argument doesn’t hold water.  If they had a better option, they’d make a move. Beane has proven that he is constantly looking for ways to improve this team, as long as he doesn’t have to mortgage the future. 

Bingo. And lots of teams in the league have been struggling to find consistent kickers for the past few years. For whatever reason there seems to be a lack of that talent in the NFL right now.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Such dumb posts. Beane and McDermott try to win just as much as other coaches and they move on from players all the time, regardless of culture fit.

I think they place a huge emphasis on cultural fit.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

While I do agree they are trying to win, they do seem to have a bad habit going after players based off of culture. For instance how in the hell is Lee Smith still employed? The guy is down right dreadful and a drive killer.

2 hours ago, Chill said:

I’m sure he is a good man with a family. He should try harder to support this family instead of failing and losing games for us.  

Find a new kicker.  Chase would be an upgrade. 

You did see his kick that hit the hot dog stand right? Lol

Go Bills!

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You must be disappointed most days.  

:lol:

Nah, this place is great. Lots of critical thinking from knowledgeable fans.

In season Mondays can be rough - we're either definitely winning the Super Bowl or the 0-16 Bucs - but either way the passion is appreciated by someone who never lived in or near Buffalo.

Go Bills!

52 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Oh really, ask Mike Nugent when he got cut by the Patriots a couple of weeks ago.  He missed a 34 yard field goal and had a 29 yard field goal blocked.  He was 5 of 8 with the Pats so that means two of the three he missed were in his last game with them.

1 minute ago, Playoff Bound said:

Oh really, ask Mike Nugent when he got cut by the Patriots a couple of weeks ago.  He missed a 34 yard field goal and had a 29 yard field goal blocked.  He was 5 of 8 with the Pats so that means two of the three he missed were in his last game with them.

So Gostkowski (probably spelled that wrong) never missed a kick?

Ask yourself whether you truly believe that 'Your only as good as your last kick' isn't clownish hyperbole. Your own example cited at least 8 kicks.