Hauschka: didn’t feel “ideal” mentally/physically/technically on Sunday

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

it all evens out in the end

we won the titans game bc of their kicker missing 4 FG's. really don't see how all the blame from the browns game gets put on Hauchka 

Allen and the offense were poor all game against a mediocre Browns defense that essentially dared us to throw on them. 

It comes full circle, live by FGs, die by FGs. Until we control the tempo & pace of the game, it’s a coin flip of what team kicker screws up. That’s the process

• Like (+1) 2

Human beings aren’t robots. Have you ever had a bad day or felt a bit “off?”

He has been a very steady and reliable kicker for the Bills, so there is nothing to complain about. You would expect him to make the first kick, while kicks over 50 yards are a risk for any kicker.

Find a replacement, and surely the new kicker will have a bad game sometime too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

I don't have the confidence that we will make the call.

You are only as good as your last kick, and the last kicks have been disastrous 

You don't honestly believe that, do you? Every great kicker suddenly sucks after a miss?

Sounds like something you'd pull out from down under...and I don't mean Australia.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

You don't honestly believe that, do you? Every great kicker suddenly sucks after a miss?

Sounds like something you'd pull out from down under...and I don't mean Australia.

The trend isn't looking good. 

Make all the jokes you want, but I just want a winner in good form.

This is shockingly bad

25 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Do your job! You have 1 day to perform. As a military member we don’t have that luxury. Yeah we have bad days, but when it’s go time, you focus, get up for the occasion and don’t let your team down!!! 

Sundays are your day! Get it done

Exactly my thoughts. He doesn't get to say things like this with the money he makes and in the position he's in.

37 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

Human beings aren’t robots. Have you ever had a bad day or felt a bit “off?”

He has been a very steady and reliable kicker for the Bills, so there is nothing to complain about. You would expect him to make the first kick, while kicks over 50 yards are a risk for any kicker.

Find a replacement, and surely the new kicker will have a bad game sometime too.

It's not a bad game. It's a major trend since his injury last year. It seems he would have had enough time to work through that.

And of course we've all had bad days. But if we're worth our salt, we suck it up and perform in spite of our sickness, mental or physical.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

This is shockingly bad

Exactly my thoughts. He doesn't get to say things like this with the money he makes and in the position he's in.

It's not a bad game. It's a major trend since his injury last year. It seems he would have had enough time to work through that.

And of course we've all had bad days. But if we're worth our salt, we suck it up and perform in spite of our sickness, mental or physical.

Yes! In this business, you are not called upon very often. This team is only asking you for a few months of your time. Plenty of time to prepare and be your best. No excuses...and you are paid well.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

Regarding the question posted by the OP, I think any kicker is in a tough spot.

On the one hand he has an obligation to report on how he feels on a given game day and try to find his range pre-game with wind, maybe a nagging injury of sorts, field conditions, etc.  The coaching staff needs to know what he thinks he can do in both directions on that day prior to game time.

But by the same token, he has to stay bottled up and doesn't want to talk too much about feeling off because if he keeps that up for long, he'll be out of a job.

Not sure how these guys balance both concerns.

If I was his coach I would ask him to be 100% honest so I could make the best decisions in the game for the good of the team.