“One-Hit Wonders” for every NFL Team

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, LDD said:

My uncle is a big PSU fan.  He randomly still sends me PSU articles about Maybin and what a great human being he is.  Apparently he's a school teacher now or something.  I don't care and the articles only dredge up bad memories...it's pathetic and my uncle is still apologetic about the whole ordeal...like he had something to do with it. 

Please tell your uncle to give himself a break. Maybin had a good college career...sometimes you miss on a 1st rounder.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:02 PM, SoTier said:

No, the Bills were the first and only to team to "get the wool pulled over our eyes" because Wilson and Brandon were in a hurry to sign him before he "exploded" and would have been more expensive.   Well, Fitzy exploded all right, just not the way that Wilson and Brandon thought he would.

The other teams that signed Fitzy knew what they were getting but felt he was worth it.  I'm sure that's how the Fins and their fans feel.

Really? He started for 6 more teams since then...

I think you'd have to throw EJ Gaines name into the ring.

I remember people expecting L's during that 2017 season because Gaines was out. While there was an odd disparity in the teams performance, the extrapolation that one DECENT corner made that type of impact is not really logical. Nice player, but folks got carried away with his importance.

• 4 months later...

Terry Miller was the first name to come to mind. 

We had several players that started excellent, got injured, and never played the same. 

Dennis Shaw was the Offensive Rookie of the Year, then playing for some really horrible teams.  He became a journeyman and faded away to oblivion. 

Edited by Bob in STL