“One-Hit Wonders” for every NFL Team

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He was a no-hit wonder.  He was popular while he was sitting on the bench, but once he got in there he played his way out of the league, setting records for futility that still stand to this day.  Now in his defense, Marangi has stated that the season he came in after Joe Ferguson had a season ending injury, Marangi had an arm injury that limited his ability to throw.  

He came in a game against Miami and hit a couple of bombs and that was it

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He was a no-hit wonder.  He was popular while he was sitting on the bench, but once he got in there he played his way out of the league, setting records for futility that still stand to this day.  Now in his defense, Marangi has stated that the season he came in after Joe Ferguson had a season ending injury, Marangi had an arm injury that limited his ability to throw.  

The first pass he threw in the NFL was a touchdown to JD Hill

Peerless Price definitely wasn't "one-hit," but he certainly had only one truly standout season back in 2002, where he had 94 receptions, 1,252 receiving yards, 9 TD's & a 63.5% catch%. 

He played opposite of Eric Moulds who had nearly identical stats that same year with 100 receptions, 1,292 yards, 10 TD's & a 55.6% catch%. 

Unfortunately for him, he never was the same again after that season, while Moulds had a productive career before & after 2002, especially considering the crappy QB's he was anchored with.

But yeah, not a "one hit wonder," but definitely a dude that flashed greatness, then disappeared.

21 hours ago, eball said:

Yeah, wasn't that Knox's first year?

Maybe I am not certain on that will have to check what year was Knox first and Terry’s rookie season.   He gave us visions of OJ but I thought a knee injury is what really hampered him 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Does Kiko Alonso count? I know he's still in the league. But after his rookie season here, he's been average at best, but mostly not that great.

Actually after his first 8 games.

23 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Did Jarius Bryd have like 9 ints his rookie season ? How was he not rookie of the year . does he count as a one hit wonder

No because Byrd had a number of decent seasons here.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Maybe I am not certain on that will have to check what year was Knox first and Terry’s rookie season.   He gave us visions of OJ but I thought a knee injury is what really hampered him 

Yep, '78 was Knox's first season.

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

One hit, and we now wonder if he'll ever play again.

im not wondering it, of course he will, its the NFL...you only get suspended for any length of time if you smoke pot!! 

Garrett playing sunday isnt even out of the question in my mind lol 

On 11/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, Rocket94 said:

Or the 2002 draft. The Bills drafted OL Mike Williams. He was a bust, and the Bills could of had Ed Reed!

Everyone just knew that Maybin would be a bust...yet they drafted him anyway!

My uncle is a big PSU fan.  He randomly still sends me PSU articles about Maybin and what a great human being he is.  Apparently he's a school teacher now or something.  I don't care and the articles only dredge up bad memories...it's pathetic and my uncle is still apologetic about the whole ordeal...like he had something to do with it.