Message from McDermott to team: “Play Fearless”

YoloinOhio

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So he didn't  thanks.  Actually the Primary reason we lost the game in NE is a blocked punt that resulted from DiMarco not doing the ONE thing he is here for.

It was a 6 point game and he threw 3 interceptions. Tell me more about how that didn't impact the game. 

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

correcting typos and or obvious Autocorrect words tells me a lot about the person calling it out 

That's fair. I've never done it before, and I also think it is unnecessary. But MAJbobby holds a special place in my heart this week, and so I went there.  

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It was a 6 point game and he threw 3 interceptions. Tell me more about how that didn't impact the game. 

I said DIRECTLY Led to.. So again which of those three picks directly LED to the loss?

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Blocked punt I believe

Josh had 3 INT's in the NE game .  NE also took Josh out of the game with a bad hit in the 4th QTR

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201909290buf.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201909290buf.htm#all_pbp

We will never know if Josh could have had another spectacular 4th QRT GWD 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That's fair. I've never done it before, and I also think it is unnecessary. But MAJbobby holds a special place in my heart this week, and so I went there.  

Yeah because you know go after typos instead of the actual football stuff I know that is hard

We played three (two?) full quarters after the blocked punt. If that play led "directly" to the loss, so too did JA's interceptions.  You are making a really silly argument right now. 

ok so let me ask you this.  IF he doesnt get knocked out of the game what are you feelings on us winning that game with Josh Allen at QB and DRIVING like he was?

Josh had 3 INT's in the NE game .  NE also took Josh out of the game with a bad hit in the 4th QTR

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201909290buf.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201909290buf.htm#all_pbp

Yep and was he NOT driving when he was taken out of the game due to the hit to the head?  So it would likly have been another Jets game where the TO didnt matter and still a win.  See what happens when you let a QB be himself instead of coaching him into a scared box.  How has the Offense looked after that NE Game, compared to how did it look Before that NE Game?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah because you know go after typos instead of the actual football stuff I know that is hard

ok so let me ask you this.  IF he doesnt get knocked out of the game what are you feelings on us winning that game with Josh Allen at QB and DRIVING like he was?

In my defense, I mentioned the typo in passing. I was just making a little fun of you. It was low, but I can't bring myself to regret it. 

I think that if he doesn't throw three interceptions we are already winning that game before he gets knocked out. 

In my defense, I mentioned the typo in passing. I was just making a little fun of you. It was low, but I can't bring myself to regret it. 

I think that if he doesn't throw three interceptions we are already winning that game before he gets knocked out. 

Got it another wont answer the question.  your MO

The premise of your question is bad. Josh doesn't throw those interceptions, we don't lose that game.  Do I think we would have won if he stayed in? Probably not given how interception prone he was that day. 

Where is your Proof in that, that is no different than your statement of the premise in my question is bad.

Really? So your telling me with the way Josh Runs in the redzone he would not have scored a TD with two shots from the 3?

Edited by MAJBobby

I'll tell you what, I will show you the proof of my claim when you show me proof that if JA stays in the game we win. 

Sure

How many times has Josh Allen been stopped from the 3 on goal to goal situations?  They were moving the Ball that game until Matt Barkley came in.  Should we also mention yet another missed FG by our two year Downward Trending Kicker that we extended?

To the person critical of JA ... sure you can say it was a different ERA 

Comp % YPG RATE 4QC GWD
QB 1 62.1 235.3 85.7 2 3
JA 59.9 213.2 81.6 3 4

What do you think of those #'s by a two 2nd year QB's  *NOTE  Josh's season isn't over 

QB 1 never had above a 68% comp ratio and his career comp is 64.1%

When a guy shows talent and has shown some growth it is waay to early to thrown him out with the bath water 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sure

How many times has Josh Allen been stopped from the 3 on goal to goal situations?  They were moving the Ball that game until Matt Barkley came in.  Should we also mention yet another missed FG by our two year Downward Trending Kicker that we extended?

Its disturbing that you think that is proof.

We moved the ball the entire game.  That had never been a problem. We weren't scoring, however, because he kept turning it over. If he stays in, he moves the ball as he had been, but he just continues to turn it over. My proof is the fact that that is what had happened in the game. You are not able to point to anything that happened during that game that establishes he would have turned it around.  

To the person critical of JA ... sure you can say it was a different ERA 

Comp % YPG RATE 4QC GWD
QB 1 62.1 235.3 85.7 2 3
JA 59.9 213.2 81.6 3 4

What do you think of those #'s by a two 2nd year QB's  *NOTE  Josh's season isn't over 

QB 1 never had above a 68% comp ratio and his career comp is 64.1%

I won't play that game. 

I think JA is pretty good, and I think he is on the way to being a franchise QB.  I'm just ok with him not being one yet, and I am ok with him being outmatched that day against the patriots. 

This is just the next step in the evolution of Josh Allen. He needs to know when to take the shots and when not to. QB's that find a good balance to this are in that next top tier. Last year and beginning of season we are thinking just about completion % and running the offense. Hes shown he can do those, so the project moves to the next phase of starting to put up some stats and not end up being the issue for us losing games because he was too gun shy. 

Predicted results, we are still going to win some games and think we are going to the super bowl then lose some games and be doom and gloom. Life of a fan with a developmental QB.. lol

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its disturbing that you think that is proof.

We moved the ball the entire game.  That had never been a problem. We weren't scoring, however, because he kept turning it over. If he stays in, he moves the ball as he had been, but he just continues to turn it over. My proof is the fact that that is what had happened in the game. You are not able to point to anything that happened during that game that establishes he would have turned it around.  

I won't play that game. 

I think JA is pretty good, and I think he is on the way to being a franchise QB.  I'm just ok with him not being one yet, and I am ok with him being outmatched that day against the patriots. 

I have Just pointed out what happened during the game.  And also pointed out Proof that he is a different QB in the 4th QTR.  it is OK though you refuse to accept anything that doesnt fit your box.

But I bet you believe the Bills will fix their Run Defense because well that is what McD tells you to believe

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have Just pointed out what happened during the game.  And also pointed out Proof that he is a different QB in the 4th QTR.  it is OK though you refuse to accept anything that doesnt fit your box.

But I bet you believe the Bills will fix their Run Defense because well that is what McD tells you to believe

My proof is what happened in THAT game - He turned the ball over a ton

Your proof is what happened in OTHER games - He came back in the fourth quarter 

Your proof is weaker, because there are fewer comparables.  Specifically, different coaches and players on the other side.  The comparable you have is simply the timing, i.e. you believe that because he played well during a certain period of past games, he was going to play well during the same period of THAT game.  That is of course a logical fallacy. 

My comparable is the defense was not going to change. Same coaches, same scheme, same players. There was no reason to believe JA was going to figure it out. 

My proof is what happened in THAT game - He turned the ball over a ton

Your proof is what happened in OTHER games - He came back in the fourth quarter 

Your proof is weaker, because there are fewer comparables.  Specifically, different coaches and players on the other side.  The comparable you have is simply the timing, i.e. you believe that because he played well during a certain period of past games, he was going to play well during the same period of THAT game.  That is of course a logical fallacy. 

My comparable is the defense was not going to change. Same coaches, same scheme, same players. There was no reason to believe JA was going to figure it out. 

And yet with the Turning the Ball over a ton as you say was driving for the go ahead TD