Message from McDermott to team: “Play Fearless”

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

When did he throw a Pick 6.  OOO Thats right he didnt.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401127866

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the one in the Jets game I think it was that bounced off of Beasley's hands.  In the NE game he only threw 3 picks which I'm sure had no affect on the outcome.

I blew it.  I'm not going to make any excuses.

Go BILLS !!

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

Bad things could definitely happen if they let Allen play his game.  Making him play scared/safe might minimize the bad things, but it also kills production.

I'd rather take the bad with the good and score some points.

It has been painfully obvious since the NE game that Josh was being reigned in. Perhaps that was intentional, and perhaps It was just Josh getting too cautious in his approach in response to the interceptions and criticism.  Whatever the reason, he has not been the same and neither has the offense.  While this has all been frustrating, I think this is simply part of the leaning process for him.  We all hope he figures out how to strike a balance.  We cannot have him playing like Tyrod and expect more than we are getting.  He needs to be himself.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 hours ago, colin said:

play FEARLESSLY.  im not a fan of how nouns, verbs, and adverbs just all get the same morphology.  

This all started in 1995 with the release of the song "Dont Take it Personal" by Monica.

Since then, personally has become personal, and people drop the -ly whenever they can on other words. It infuriates me as well.

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

Let's see if all this fearless talk makes a difference to Allen on Sunday. Talk is cheap. 

I think all the players need to play fearlessly not just Allen.  When you -- any NFL player -- are worried about making a mistake, you think about what you should do instead of reacting instinctively, and that makes you a fraction of a second slower, which can mean the difference between the success or failure of any play.

More importantly, I think that the coaching staff has to coach fearlessly and come up with a game plan that takes into account players' strengths and weaknesses even if that game plan takes them out of their comfort zones.  Just because Allen has a big arm doesn't mean that he has to throw the ball all the time.  His failures as a passer since the NE game seem to be weighing on him.  The Bills seem to have a decent run blocking OL and a nice young RB in Singletary.  Let the RBs tote the rock, build their stats, eat up clock, and take the pressure off Allen so he can regain his self-confidence by succeeding rather pushing him to imitate Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.  He's not good enough at this point in his career to be expected to carry the team, and relying on a stout defense and good running game to support a young QB is a tried-and-true method of finding success for both QBs and teams like Brady and NE in 2001, Roethlisberger and Pitt in 2006, and Wilson and Seattle in 2013.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think all the players need to play fearlessly not just Allen.  When you -- any NFL player -- are worried about making a mistake, you think about what you should do instead of reacting instinctively, and that makes you a fraction of a second slower, which can mean the difference between the success or failure of any play.

More importantly, I think that the coaching staff has to coach fearlessly and come up with a game plan that takes into account players' strengths and weaknesses even if that game plan takes them out of theri comfort zones.  Just because Allen has a big arm doesn't mean that he has to throw the ball all the time.  His failures as a passer since the NE game seem to be weighing on him.  The Bills seem to have a decent run blocking OL and a nice young RB in Singletary.  Let the RBs tote the rock, build their stats, eat up clock, and take the pressure off Allen so he can regain his self-confidence rather pushing him to imitate Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.  He's not good enough at this point in his career to be expected to carry the team.

good take.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

maxresdefault.jpg   3337f288f789769d1982037c025f5f15-origina  201809231220444471758 

THIS THIS and THIS

well done.

i was thinking today about how to Coach a season. especially and O coordinator.

he has been showing different looks week to week generally speaking.
Being an overthinker ( not smarter thinker ) 

Suspect Daboll and McD were finding out  how much Josh could process and trying to find some coherence in the O line and WRS , TEs RBs.

Now we are on the back side of the season, Perhaps training Camp is over. and now it is time to rock and roll and put more cards on the table.

Time for the run to the playoffs come hell or high water

Go Bills !

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

THIS THIS and THIS

well done.

i was thinking today about how to Coach a season. especially and O coordinator.

he has been showing different looks week to week generally speaking.
Being an overthinker ( not smarter thinker ) 

Suspect Daboll and McD were finding out  how much Josh could process and trying to find some coherence in the O line and WRS , TEs RBs.

Now we are on the back side of the season, Perhaps training Camp is over. and now it is time to rock and roll and put more cards on the table.

Time for the run to the playoffs come hell or high water

Go Bills !

I just grabbed 3 cool looking pictures. 

now I’m looking closer 

is that the same guy 55 ??

Josh  pwned him 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

More importantly, I think that the coaching staff has to coach fearlessly and come up with a game plan that takes into account players' strengths and weaknesses even if that game plan takes them out of their comfort zones.  Just because Allen has a big arm doesn't mean that he has to throw the ball all the time.  His failures as a passer since the NE game seem to be weighing on him.  The Bills seem to have a decent run blocking OL and a nice young RB in Singletary.  Let the RBs tote the rock, build their stats, eat up clock, and take the pressure off Allen so he can regain his self-confidence by succeeding rather pushing him to imitate Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.  He's not good enough at this point in his career to be expected to carry the team, and relying on a stout defense and good running game to support a young QB is a tried-and-true method of finding success for both QBs and teams like Brady and NE in 2001, Roethlisberger and Pitt in 2006, and Wilson and Seattle in 2013.

absolutely extend to Coaching on game day.

lets see more RO and let Allen choose for example.
Part of this means to me , they want Allen to take charge and trust his players. Thoughts on that point from me ?

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

How awesome is this ?!

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

now I’m looking closer 

Josh  pwned him 

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

now I’m looking closer 

Josh  pwned him 

wasn't 55 Barr the big hitter ?

3 hours ago, FLFan said:

It has been painfully obvious since the NE game that Josh was being reigned in. Perhaps that was intentional, and perhaps It was just Josh getting too cautious in his approach in response to the interceptions and criticism.  Whatever the reason, he has not been the same and neither has the offense.  While this has all been frustrating, I think this is simply part of the leaning process for him.  We all hope he figures out how to strike a balance.  We cannot have him playing like Tyrod and expect more than we are getting.  He needs to be himself.  

You stop with the logical interpretations right now mister!