Message from McDermott to team: “Play Fearless”

YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, ngbills said:

Its because it is nonsense. Like you can have a green light to play fearless? That is a state of mind not an order. Or like there is some switch to turn it on or off. Come on now. He starts hitting his passes and building some confidence some of that fear goes away. But right now even Josh Allen knows he is not playing how he should...either he can rise to the challenge or not. Not some ok coach said I can do it yay. 

I think it's possible to unintentionally give a player too strong a message: "don't throw any INTs ever, no matter what!" vs "take your shots.  make sure they're not dumb shots, but if you take a good shot and a pick happens, it happens".

I come back to something Romo said on a national broadcast about a coach telling him "I want you to throw two interceptions this game".  Of course the coach didn't want that, but the point he was trying to convey to Romo was "as a young QB, we know you'll make mistakes if you take chances.  Take chances; it's OK if they lead to mistakes."

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I was.

Dont care what the MEDIA Says

Yep Josh says that because McD is concerned.

Name me a game that we lost because he through a Pick.  Only people that cared about Picks are those that refuse to look at the real data and just want to cling to an old clique.  New flash QBs throw INTs

LOL. Look at your own avatar.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Did we lose to the Patriots because he tossed a Pick?  Where is that direct correlation.

I don't know, he threw a pick six and we lost by 6?  No, he didn't do it on the last play of the game so we could say it WAS THE cause.  Can you name a game where there was direct correlation between a pick and a loss?

What would it take for a pick to the cause of the loss anyway?  I suspect in any close game there are many plays that if went differently would have affected the outcome.  It definitely contributed.

And fumbles can still be bad even if we don't lose them.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

I don't know, he threw a pick six and we lost by 6?  No, he didn't do it on the last play of the game so we could say it WAS THE cause.  Can you name a game where there was direct correlation between a pick and a loss?

What would it take for a pick to the cause of the loss anyway?  I suspect in any close game there are many plays that if went differently would have affected the outcome.  It definitely contributed.

And fumbles can still be bad even if we don't lose them.

hmmm lets see maybe the Blocked Punt. You know SOMETHING that is inexcusable?  

Now with 3 picks the Bills also missed a FG (But always defend Hausch see this week)

Barkley's Pick from the NE three probably more impact in the loss.

Barkley's Pick on NE 39 at end of game Probably a little more impact than Picks in the first half

With all Josh's Interception down by 3.  Hmmm yeah I can find many more 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now with 3 picks the Bills also missed a FG (But always defend Hausch see this week)

Barkley's Pick on NE 39 at end of game Probably a little more impact than Picks in the first half

Picks with Allen don't bother me if the rest outweighs it. So far it hasn't.

I haven't seen him look consistently good in game with some mistakes in there. If this was the case I'd be OK with it. 

If he makes consistent plays with some picks because he's trying things, so be it. Fumbles are more of a concern, as is his lack of command and consistency on the field. 

Edited by london_bills

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Why do you have to make excuses for him.?

He threw a pick 6, Barkley didn't.  If Josh hadn't thrown the pick 6 the blocked FG wouldn't matter and Barkley wouldn't have to be trying to pass at the end. He would have been handing off to Motor and Gore.

It's a team game.  Everyone has to own their mistakes, except the Golden Boy it seems.

I don't HATE Josh.  I want him to succeed as much as anybody.  But I'm not gonna make excuses for him. He need to play better.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Why do you have to make excuses for him.?

He threw a pick 6, Barkley didn't.  If Josh hadn't thrown the pick 6 the blocked FG wouldn't matter and Barkley wouldn't have to be trying to pass at the end. He would have been handing off to Motor and Gore.

It's a team game.  Everyone has to own their mistakes, except the Golden Boy it seems.

I don't HATE Josh.  I want him to succeed as much as anybody.  But I'm not gonna make excuses for him. He need to play better.

When did he throw a Pick 6.  OOO Thats right he didnt.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401127866

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1