Message from McDermott to team: “Play Fearless”

YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, NoSaint said:

It’s a lot of context and admittedly we have little access to that info.

if on 3rd we call a bomb to beasley its a little aggressive. But if the player is scared to make a mistake despite a pick being a punt and he throws an uncatchable ball due to that aversion to risk - it’s bad culture. 

Fumbles or lack of awareness are exhausting to watch. One thing that drove me nuts with Turks discussions here was people saying he didn’t make mistakes but often times not throwing the tough ball is a much bigger mistake than throwing it and ending up a pick.

Throwing a contested ball deep on 3rd that gets picked is low risk high reward.... even if it flops.

I think this defines the fearless bit as directed towards Allen.

McD i hope has coached his players to make that tackle if the pick occurs !

Allen can throw farther than the punter can punt  lol

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

They didn't play for a tie. I find it funny some people are criticizing the 20 yard throw in 3rd and 4 and others are criticizing them for playing too conservative. I mean I think they made a good play call and it just wasn't executed right. I don't think they intentionally trying to get a field goal.

It was the clock management that makes some people, myself included, question the intentions. The play call wasn’t the issue. It appeared Josh was running the no huddle pretty good and had some rhythm. To then huddle, stand around and allow roughly 20 seconds to tick away is the issue . I also like the back shoulder pass to be completed when it is more in the natural flow of the drive. 
my two cents.

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

His philosophy had worked 6 out of 9 times this year.  3rd best record in the AFC.  I suspect he was talking to the players in what they do.  Not what he and the coaching staff will do.  Key word "play". Coaches don't play.

We'll See ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, but who stoped the offense on Sunday during the last drive?

Fearless is a mindset. I would argue that for a mindset to truly be adopted by all needed,  it must be displayed by all. In fact it must first displayed by the coaches to show players the way. 
you can’t have a conservative approach and then expect those executing the plan to play differently. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

They didn't play for a tie. I find it funny some people are criticizing the 20 yard throw in 3rd and 4 and others are criticizing them for playing too conservative. I mean I think they made a good play call and it just wasn't executed right. I don't think they intentionally trying to get a field goal.

they absolutely did. Look at two playcalls before that. And Josh Changed the play. Jesus McD even said post game they were playing for the Tie. 

16 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Yesterday there was a thread about coaching philosophy similarities McD and Jauron share.  Well, it terms of public relations, McD far surpasses DJ as evidenced the HC's team message today  Of course this is going to come out via Chris Brown and not coincidentally it's timed precisely to address an issue highlighted on TBD.   

Because the HC has been criticized for coaching not to lose and avoiding risks in high pressure situations.  DJ and/or Bills media would never do anything like this to blunt any team or HC criticism.

My first thought when I saw the thread title was pretty much this.   This is all PR, however:  "all sound and fury signifying nothing".   It's not going to change how McDermott or his OC coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You must not have been on this board during the early part of the season, been on twitter, or listened to a word coming out of Josh Allen's mouth. That is intensely wrong. 

I was.

Dont care what the MEDIA Says

Yep Josh says that because McD is concerned.

Name me a game that we lost because he through a Pick.  Only people that cared about Picks are those that refuse to look at the real data and just want to cling to an old clique.  New flash QBs throw INTs

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I was.

Dont care what the MEDIA Says

Yep Josh says that because McD is concerned.

Name me a game that we lost because he through a Pick.  Only people that cared about Picks are those that refuse to look at the real data and just want to cling to an old clique.  New flash QBs throw INTs

I can't tell you when he "through" a pick that lost us a game, but I can tell you the interceptions against the Pats were the primary reason we lost that game. 

That's cool you are of that opinion. As a matter of fact, I think the same thing.  I'd rather see him play fast and loose, and I also think the best QBs throw interceptions. And when I said that on this board, I got like five "confused" emojis. What you are doing right now, though, is obvious revisionism. 

lol  Auto correct loving the word "through" the past day or so   

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

NE I believe.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I can't tell you when he "through" a pick that lost us a game, but I can tell you the interceptions against the Pats were the primary reason we lost that game. 

That's cool you are of that opinion. As a matter of fact, I think the same thing.  I'd rather see him play fast and loose, and I also think the best QBs throw interceptions. And when I said that on this board, I got like five "confused" emojis. What you are doing right now, though, is obvious revisionism. 

So he didn't  thanks.  Actually the Primary reason we lost the game in NE is a blocked punt that resulted from DiMarco not doing the ONE thing he is here for.

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

correcting typos and or obvious Autocorrect words tells me a lot about the person calling it out