Jets owner Christopher Johnson confirmed coach Adam Gase will be back in 2020

syhuang

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

You can tell this is fake because he said the whole staff will stay but you know damn well that Gregggggg will get at least 14 head coaching offers.

I think he expected to be interim coach for the Jets by now. Guess he'll have to poison a few more drinks...

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Agreed.  I also wonder how many of those coaching resignations over the years in all sports are the coaches being told “resign, or you will be fired”.

I don't know about other sports, but NFL coaches have guaranteed contracts. They're better off being fired.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I don't know about other sports, but NFL coaches have guaranteed contracts. They're better off being fired.

Yeah but they do some things to counter this. When rex was fired there was a clause that if he took another coaching job hed have to pay the Bills back the years salary from us. Part of the reason it made sense for him to go into the studio and not try for a DC job

58 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah but they do some things to counter this. When rex was fired there was a clause that if he took another coaching job hed have to pay the Bills back the years salary from us. Part of the reason it made sense for him to go into the studio and not try for a DC job

But Rob Ryan did!!!  Oh, coaching ‘job’.  Wrong glasses, I read coaching ‘slob’.

EDIT:  From the way the train wreck is progressing for the NYJ, I’ll bet Johnson could be convinced after a couple more years of Gase, the Ryan brothers (and Barnum and Bailey Circus) would be a good choice...again.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

• 1 month later...