McDermott Weds Presser: Sullivan asks whether Allen is an improvement over Tyrod

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

True.  

However, you should also say and include:  

As an overall body of work this season, Allen hasn’t been very bad.   I really don’t think it can be debated...

Some people need to be reminded of that as some are delusional and over the top on the negative too.

Andy Dalton hasn’t been very bad his whole career. Neither has Ryan Tannehill. Excellent news.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Andy Dalton hasn’t been very bad his whole career. Neither has Ryan Tannehill. Excellent news.

But Dalton and Tannehill didn't improve. Allen has. Maybe he won't continue to improve. I'm not sure why anyone would presume to know either way. If you look at his short career 4 games at a time you will see consistent improvement at every step. The only time I've been really nervous is after the Pats game because it was a total regression on everything he'd learned but that turned out to be an outlier.

Just now, HappyDays said:

But Dalton and Tannehill didn't improve. Allen has. Maybe he won't continue to improve. I'm not sure why anyone would presume to know either way. If you look at his short career 4 games at a time you will see consistent improvement at every step. The only time I've been really nervous is after the Pats game because it was a total regression on everything he'd learned but that turned out to be an outlier.

Oh they absolutely did. I posted the stats up thread. Dalton and Tanny both made strides between years 1-3

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh they absolutely did. I posted the stats up thread. Dalton and Tanny both made strides between years 1-3

Yes, and then they plateaued or regressed. Allen might just keep improving. So I don't know what the discussion is about at this point. No one knows anything about how he'll end up. Until he stops improving he isn't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yes, and then they plateaued or regressed. Allen might just keep improving. So I don't know what the discussion is about at this point. No one knows anything about how he'll end up. Until he stops improving he isn't going anywhere.

In the last decade, what QB improved drastically from who they were in year two to present?

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to McDermott Weds Presser: Sullivin asks whether Allen is an improvement over Tyrod
18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’d like to know who the reporter was at the 7:55 mark. He was very vague with his questions and you could tell McDermott was getting frustrated with him as he started giving the reporter short answers, then cut the conference short.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

That was 15 years ago hombre. The NFL has changed just a bit since 2004.

What rule changes in the NFL have eliminated the ability to improve? This doesn't make any sense. And honestly Allen is a rare case. I'm not just saying that because he's on the Bills. Before we drafted him I thought whatever team took him would need to sit him for 2 years based on his history at the position. I wouldn't bet on him becoming a top 10 QB but if he keeps trending up I'm not looking elsewhere. Might as well enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've seen goose schitt that is more dignified than almost all media journalism, so that's not saying much.

Jerry Sullivan's job should be to fill John Wawrow's empty scotch tumbler. Period. And Tim Graham should be in charge of ice.

Graham has done a number of good feature pieces when he was at TBN and some good articles at the Athletic.  JMO of course.

3 minutes ago, notwoz said:

but I think this is a legitimate question

A legitimate question would be to ask McDermott why the offense hasn't improved after 2 years. Asking McDermott about a specific cherry picked stat for a rookie vs a veteran is not legitimate. It is basically just trolling.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gobills1212 said:

Something we havent seen much this year are roll outs on broken plays w/a wr wide open downfield to be hit so he can be off to the races. I feel like that happened relatively often w/tyrod. Just busted or abandoned coverages w the wr just following the qb downfield.  

I know you're referencing broken plays, but TBH that was play design differences between Roman & Daboll.