McDermott Weds Presser: Sullivan asks whether Allen is an improvement over Tyrod

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, GG said:

No matter how much disdain you show for what the average fan sees, at the end of the day, bad players can't outrun their critics.    The conversations surrounding Allen are very similar to EJ, who also had a promising start.

For three years a large subset of this fanbase desperately tried to convince themselves that TT was NFL starter material. Now if you even attempt to draw a comparison between the two, it provokes quite the reaction.

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

There's not a sane coach in the league that would make negative comparisons of current players to former players.

So what? You know that a journalists job is not to lob softballs in pressers, right?

7 minutes ago, GG said:

There may be another difference. 

Not the race card GG!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

OK just so we're crystal- you think Vince Young is a good comparison for Josh Allen?

imagine that comparing a division 1 national champion MVP,  Rookie of the year to a project from Wyoming after the first 20 games in the NFL. 

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But he also did lots of things Tyrod did (bailing pockets, holding the ball and failing to see open guys). When he threw it he was generally pretty accurate (deep ball excepted) which was also a Tyrod trait. 

Oh really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTNqwZ5gkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrwEpKYHWk

I'm still waiting for Josh to throw one pass like any of these.

Or this for that matter:

Edited by reddogblitz

3 hours ago, Questionable said:

A lot of hate here for people who buck the status quo.

Revoke press passes?   Punch him in the mouth?  All because he's pointing out the obvious? 

He's your pick McDermott.   At some point you are going to need to own up to his bad play and people want to hear more of an answer than its the process, or the mind growth set.

The Mind Growth Set?

Is that like, when The Brain (from Pinky & The Brain) joins Dipset? ?

Screenshot_20191113-173956_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-174105_Google.jpg

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Oh really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTNqwZ5gkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrwEpKYHWk

I'm still waiting for Josh to throw one pass like any of these.

you've got to be the biggest tuhrod homer on the board.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You just dodged the question. I'm asking you simply to confirm what you wrote a couple pages back. 

I think it’s obvious at this point that there isn’t much difference between Allen’s career trajectory and the others of young QB’s who have fizzled out. You can hope that things change, but I wouldn’t be putting money on Allen becoming a franchise cornerstone right now, and I question the judgement of anyone who would.

Allen Clutch Factor

2018 Ten - He threw for 82 yds total this game. Gets credit for clutch but this was a win despite him. He had 2 short passes on game winning drive, they ran the ball most of the drive.

2018 Det - Battle of bad teams out of the race. Bills took lead with 10 min left nand counts as comeback win...

2019 - NYJ, CIN, MIA = Three of the worst teams in years. Only reason needed comeback wins was because Allen played bad. 

Again, this clutch factor is so over hyped. For one they have been against bad teams that our less likely to hold up and win a game. For another it should never require a comeback in the first place if he played better. These are not 38-35 comeback wins in a shootout vs Brady. These are 17-16 wins vs awful teams. 

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Taylor threw a great deep ball whenever defenders fell down and receivers were ridiculously wide open.

His highlight, however, was being part of a trade that landed us a 3rd round pick.  Now THAT was some fine work.

...his "deep ball" was a 6 yard out.......

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

I think it’s obvious at this point that there isn’t much difference between Allen’s career trajectory and the others of young QB’s who have fizzled out. You can hope that things change, but I wouldn’t be putting money on Allen becoming a franchise cornerstone right now, and I question the judgement of anyone who would.

In Vince Young's first year he threw 12 TDs and 13 INTs.

In his second year he threw 9 TDs and 17 INTs. 

Please explain how there isn't much difference in trajectory between that and Allen currently.

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you've got to be the biggest tuhrod homer on the board.

I liked Hotrod I admit it.

I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing.

They were so long ago I must have forgotten.  The Zay Jones one was horribly under thrown and Zay made a nice adjustment on it.  But it still counts.

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you've got to be the biggest turod homer on the board.

Seriously? Neither of those are close to showing the ability to hit the deep pass. A broken play where a guy gets open and you huck it down there. Guy is standing and waits for it. The crossing play is better at least. 

• Like (+1) 1

JS needs a two week ban, jmo

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

In Vince Young's first year he threw 12 TDs and 13 INTs.

In his second year he threw 9 TDs and 17 INTs. 

Please explain how there isn't much difference in trajectory between that and Allen currently.

I thought playing the “LOL STATS” game was stupid. Didn’t you say that two pages ago?

i guess when the goal is to defend a mediocre QB whose contemporaries make him look like a failure, anything is fair game as ammunition if it suits your argument.