McDermott Weds Presser: Sullivan asks whether Allen is an improvement over Tyrod

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because he's not doing too much well.  If he was, we would score more points but we are again, not able to put points up.  

I think the bar is set low if you feel he's "way ahead" of what anyone expected.

This isn't 1995 anymore.  This is a new league where the rules in the NFL make it a passing league and we still can't do it.  

For someone who has fumbled 11 times and thrown 7 INT's....10 passing TD's and 26th in passing yards per game isn't enough.

giphy.gif

Just now, Sundancer said:

He learned that from Reid. I like it. Coach the team. That's all that matters. You know who else gives an awful press conference? Belichek. 

Rex gave great press conferences. Maybe the best ever. 

It was just an observation not a criticism. 

And this is exactly why I never watch his press conferences.  It's like watching paint dry only not as exciting.  I figured this out about 5 minutes into his career as the Bills HC.

But I really don't care.  Just win on Sunday or Thursday or Saturday as the case may be.

Go  BILLS !!

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

He learned that from Reid. I like it. Coach the team. That's all that matters. You know who else gives an awful press conference? Belichek. 

Rex gave great press conferences. Maybe the best ever. 

Giving fun answers to reporters is the last thing I care about. 

What do people expect? Benching Allen?

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Would love to see your methodology here.

It's simple. Bet the under, alwaya.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Unreliable. Much like the other takes on Allen recently.  

What was the criticism of Allen in the offseason? Needs to up his completion % and clean up the short/underneath stuff. Worked on it in the offseason and did it. 

Then through first 4 games it was: stop throwing INTs. Worked on it. Done. 

Now it's 'he can't hit a deep ball'...all you want to do is complain about what isn't working without looking at what is. It's beyond repetitive, it's just lazy at this point.

Completion % vs Browns: 53.7. 

Completion % vs Eagles: 47.1

That's 2 of the last 3 games.  Still sub 60% for the season so far.

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

He nailed it like he nails all questions by waffling around and tossing out tired football cliches and not answering the question.

Yeah, not sure what he nailed other than saying he wasn't going to answer the question.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

That’s not a knock on you, personally. Just an indicator that Sullivan knows what he’s doing as far as stirring the pot and generating clickbait.

Put “Sullivan” or “Schopp” in a thread title and watch it take off. Some of you guys make it too easy for them.

We love to talk about those guys here, but the question is whether any of this talk actually causes people to go read Sullivan or listen to Schopp.  For me, the answer to both questions is "no."  I don't go to them because they simply are not good at what they do.  They don't inform me, either with information or with insights, so I don't bother.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Would love to see your methodology here.

By the volumes of these types of conversations.   Granted I don't know what happened in Detroit talk circuit in Stafford's early years, but there were definitely fewer questions about Eli's ability to be an NFL QB by the local or national press.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Stafford was carrying the Lions so hard this year that he actually broke bones in his back! :lol:

Golladay and Jones Jr are a nice pair of wideouts

2 minutes ago, GG said:

By the volumes of these types of conversations.   Granted I don't know what happened in Detroit talk circuit in Stafford's early years, but there were definitely fewer questions about Eli's ability to be an NFL QB by the local or national press.

Please tell me you aren't using messageboard traffic and local and national press as your basis for quarterback comparisons. That's only marginally more hilarious than STATZ

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

What is missed in this whole identical stats things...

Allen - 19 Int's and 19 Fumbles

Taylor - 8 Int's and 12 Fumbles

If only Tyrod could help us win games in the 4th quarter instead of folding like a cheap suit. 

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's a combination of the questions and I think he's still pissed about the Cleveland game.  
He's not happy with the run defense, he's not happy with the lack of scoring on offense.  

And he's the coach.

Imagine how upset he'd be if he was a fan and TSW member.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Golladay and Jones Jr are a nice pair of wideouts

Please tell me you aren't using messageboard traffic and local and national press as your basis for quarterback comparisons. That's only marginally more hilarious than STATZ

No matter how much disdain you show for what the average fan sees, at the end of the day, bad players can't outrun their critics.    The conversations surrounding Allen are very similar to EJ, who also had a promising start.

When Allen can show that he can read a defense and defeat a blitz, then the converstations will end.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

If only Tyrod could help us win games in the 4th quarter instead of folding like a cheap suit. 

I do agree with where your going in this. Allen separates himself from Tyrod with those comebacks. I really wanted to see one against the browns. I don't put the last drive on him so much actually. The rest of the game was the problem. 

Edited by london_bills

Just now, GG said:

No matter how much disdain you show for what the average fan sees, at the end of the day, bad players can't outrun their critics.    The conversations surrounding Allen are very similar to EJ, who also had a promising start.

When Allen can show that he can read a defense and defeat a blitz, then the converstations will end.

Cool. Until then maybe you can bring up how similar Allen and Vince Young's first two years looked again.

• Haha (+1) 1