McDermott Weds Presser: Sullivan asks whether Allen is an improvement over Tyrod

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

seems a step more dignified than almost all media journalism 

I've seen goose schitt that is more dignified than almost all media journalism, so that's not saying much.

Jerry Sullivan's job should be to fill John Wawrow's empty scotch tumbler. Period. And Tim Graham should be in charge of ice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Unreliable. Much like the other takes on Allen recently.  

What was the criticism of Allen in the offseason? Needs to up his completion % and clean up the short/underneath stuff. Worked on it in the offseason and did it. 

Then through first 4 games it was: stop throwing INTs. Worked on it. Done. 

Now it's 'he can't hit a deep ball'...all you want to do is complain about what isn't working without looking at what is. It's beyond repetitive, it's just lazy at this point.

As an overall body of work this season, Allen hasn't been been very good.  I really don't think it can be debated...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Yeah, nobody is saying he's been very good. 

I do see improvements in some spots which are encouraging.  It's not coming all together and IMO....he should be ahead of where he's at now.  
I have been wait and see all season but man...our offense hasn't turned the corner and I'm worried it never will.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Perfectly fair. I thought he made some nice plays but he didn’t have a good game. What some can’t understand is that he is going to have good games and bad games. Each game is not a referendum on his career. His career is not on the line with each one. He’s a young QB who was raw coming in and is still learning. Which is not what Tyrod was. Stats only tell part of the story. Though it makes an intriguing question for the media.  Allen will have until the end of next year at least before a reasonable conclusion is drawn. 

This should be repeated over and over. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No they are not. He did not play well on Sunday. When I said it after the game you all jumped on me and countless people have come out and said it since. I didn't say bench him, or move on, or he is done. I said he played poorly on Sunday and he needs to play better. 

You can’t criticize Allen fairly on here.  You either love him or hate him.  So better make your mind up lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

As an overall body of work this season, Allen hasn't been been very good.  I really don't think it can be debated...

He will get 2020 and hopefully Beane can improve the line and upgrade the talent at WR, TE, RB or at least depth at RB as Gore isn't a long term solution. I also wouldn't be opposed to the Bills bringing in a vet QB who is an upgrade from Barkley to challenge Allen. Next year it's sink or swim time for Josh. IMHO.

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This should be repeated over and over. 

He’s made progress this year imo. But he’s far from a finished product. Tyrod - I mean Tuh-rod- WAS a finished product by the time he was here in 2017. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

He will get 2020 and hopefully Beane can improve the line and upgrade the talent at WR, TE, RB or at least depth at RB as Gore isn't a long term solution. I also wouldn't be opposed to the Bills bringing in a vet QB who is an upgrade from Barkley to challenge Allen. Next year it's sink or swim time for Josh. IMHO.

I think this is going to happen. 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No they are not. He did not play well on Sunday. When I said it after the game you all jumped on me and countless people have come out and said it since. I didn't say bench him, or move on, or he is done. I said he played poorly on Sunday and he needs to play better. 

Allen was “mediocre” on Sunday. Not great, not terrible- missed some throws and reads- handcuffed by Dabolls lack of balance also. Loads of blame to go around but Allen has to get better or he may become a member of the league known as Not For Long.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Allen was “mediocre” on Sunday. Not great, not terrible- missed some throws and reads- handcuffed by Dabolls lack of balance also. Loads of blame to go around but Allen has to get better or he may become a member of the league known as Not For Long.

The problem is that there is an underlying assumption that there are a boat load of guys out there ready to play QB at a high level in the NFL.  There are not.  If you want to give up on Allen already, what is the next flavor?  There are only a handful of guys who can play QB well in the NFL, way less than 32.  You have to make absolutely sure Allen is not it before moving on.  And he has had no where near enough time yet, no matter how impatient some are.  He is making slow, two steps forward/ one step back progress so far IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Hmm, not sure I have a problem with the question.  They've gone through the "process" to get Allen and build the team they want, and they are no better off...

That’s because you don’t know what you’re talking about -as evidenced in most of your posts. Tyrod had 4 years in the League before becoming a Bill. He was at his peak on Day 1 here and he actually digressed once every team knew he would never attack the middle of the field. Allen has 18 games played in 1.5 years. He continues to improve. 

You need only have to remove the unsubstantiated hate.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1