? Greatest Teams #35 1990 Buffalo Bills

Chandler#81

39 minutes ago, Rico said:

Regardless of what happened in the Super Bowl, I would put the 2007 Patriots far ahead of the 2007 Giants on this list though. 2007 Giants were a mediocre team that got hot at the right time.

Easily.  The 2007 Giants weren't a bad team; 10-6 and were a wild card berth.  As much as I hated that team, the 2007 Pats have to be considered one of the best teams not to win a SB.  The Giants, Tom Coughlin, and Steve Spagnolo had their number that day, like Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick had the 1990 Bills number in SB 25.  Michael Strahan in one of the segments, years after that SB, mentioned they knew that Giants team count beat NE after the week 17 loss where they learned a lot about the Pats offense.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

3 hours ago, 12+83=6 said:

What I would do to have the '90 Bills play today's Patriots!  The Patriots would get crushed.  There is no way Brady and company could compete with the talent that team had.

You seem to have forgotten who the defensive coordinator for the Giants was in the Superbowl huh?  

• Like (+1) 1

Looking at the 1990 Bills season reminds me how much better the NFL was back then (it also helped that the Bills were good). The Bills played Marino's Dolphins three times, Moon's Oilers, Elway's Broncos, the Bo Jackson/Marcus Allen Raiders twice, the Parcells/Belichick Giants twice, the Buddy Ryan/Randall Cunningham Eagles, and the Joe Gibbs Redskins). 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That's an interesting question.  Is the 1990 Bills the best team since the merger not to win the Super Bowl? 

They would certainly have to be in the running and on the very short list of finalists for that, uh, honor.

The best team not to win the Super Bowl is the 2007 Patriots.

4 hours ago, KayAdams said:

Looking at the 1990 Bills season reminds me how much better the NFL was back then (it also helped that the Bills were good). The Bills played Marino's Dolphins three times, Moon's Oilers, Elway's Broncos, the Bo Jackson/Marcus Allen Raiders twice, the Parcells/Belichick Giants twice, the Buddy Ryan/Randall Cunningham Eagles, and the Joe Gibbs Redskins). 

sports was best when one was 11

1977-78 was a great year for champions

all downhill since then...  :(

11 hours ago, matter2003 said:

He would have won the MVP...nobody knew they could vote for a losing player, all the voters thought the player needed to come from the winning team.

They didn't know?  Chuck Howley, a LB from the Cowboys won MVP of Super Bowl V.  The Cowboys lost that game.

11 hours ago, DocLawless said:

I have to agree with Jim on this one. That team should be ranked in the top 20 IMO. I also think they have to be one of, if not THE greatest team to not with the super bowl. 

In baseball,  basketball,  hockey you get 7 games. If the Bill's play the Giants 5x they win 3.....

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DocLawless said:

I have to agree with Jim on this one. That team should be ranked in the top 20 IMO. I also think they have to be one of, if not THE greatest team to not with the super bowl. 

Even Parcells said that the best team didn't win!

• Like (+1) 1