Joe B All-22 Bills at Browns - Allen sees ghosts/White and Safeties shine

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You're funny.  What exactly makes you think he has no football knowledge?  He is actually spot on most of the time.  Which narrative do you subscribe to?  Do tell.  It appears that many on this board are so full of ***** and want to B word and don't provide any substance or argument.  Just saying someone sucks and not offering any alternative does nothing for the board but prove you area blockhead!

Every week we get all these writers reading the same film and reaching opposite conclusions. It’s nice and entertaining that they try to do it— but I have gotten to the point where I don’t find any of them to have any credibility or ability to understand and process the film, at least in a reliable way.

It would be like you or me analyzing the all-22. I am sure we can make some decent points and be right occasionally, but we don’t know anything about the play calls, order of progressions, schemes, options, defensive reads, you name it. It’s largely guess work. 

It’s why for many weeks we would see analysts saying at the same time: (1) Star is the weakest player and he is the best player; (2) Edmunds is hurting us, and Edmunds is playing lights out; (3) Josh is making all the right reads but it’s bad play calls, and he is making all the wrong reads and the play calling is good. 

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Every week we get all these writers reading the same film and reaching opposite conclusions. It’s nice and entertaining that they try to do it— but I have gotten to the point where I don’t find any of them to have any credibility or ability to understand and process the film, at least in a reliable way.

It would be like you or me analyzing the all-22. I am sure we can make some decent points and be right occasionally, but we don’t know anything about the play calls, order of progressions, schemes, options, defensive reads, you name it. It’s largely guess work. 

It’s why for many weeks we would see analysts saying at the same time: (1) Star is the weakest player and he is the best player; (2) Edmunds is hurting us, and Edmunds is playing lights out; (3) Josh is making all the right reads but it’s bad play calls, and he is making all the wrong reads and the play calling is good. 

Opposite conclusions would be welcome - please post them 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Top 5 graded players 

Morse

Hyde

Tre White

Dawson Knox

Poyer

lowest 5 graded players 

Ford

Gore

Allen 

Trent Murphy 

levi Wallace 

Well yeah it was valid!

When will McDermott recognize its time to put the Ford project on the shelf this season. Also Trent Murphy, Lee Smith??

7 minutes ago, the skycap said:

When will McDermott recognize its time to put the Ford project on the shelf this season. Also Trent Murphy, Lee Smith??

If Ford doesn't pan out as RT, you definitely have to question the wisdom of trading up for him and passing up a true blue chip RG in Risner.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

For sure. I believe it will be the top offseason priority 

So let's keep building the defense cause that's the Buffalo way. The defense is good enough if they had an average offense. They need to draft some playmakers on offense over any defense. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Using the Ghost thing is just lazy and completely inaccurate... Allen didn't come anywhere damn near the ***** show that Darnold displayed during the ghost game. 

He may not have seen ghosts but he still isn't good enough. Its his 2nd season and he should be having a bigger jump in play but he hasn't. 

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

He may not have seen ghosts but he still isn't good enough. Its his 2nd season and he should be having a bigger jump in play but he hasn't. 

He's played what, 20 games now? This is the guy who was recognized as the biggest project in that draft class (except for Lamar who is a different breed) and was said to need several years to develop but so far this year has looked like the best of the lot (again excluding lamar). This is the guy whose shown consistent growth in some of his biggest weaknesses from year one to year two. This is the guy whose playing with an offense that has no identity and no balance and being asked to throw the ball 41 times against one of the worst run defenses in the league. This is the guy whose put the team on his back several times to win games this year (with our 6-3 record) and even put us in position to win this game twice. 

You're not wrong that he needs to improve. Your timeline is classic bills fan though. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He's played what, 20 games now? This is the guy who was recognized as the biggest project in that draft class (except for Lamar who is a different breed) and was said to need several years to develop but so far this year has looked like the best of the lot (again excluding lamar). This is the guy whose shown consistent growth in some of his biggest weaknesses from year one to year two. This is the guy whose playing with an offense that has no identity and no balance and being asked to throw the ball 41 times against one of the worst run defenses in the league. This is the guy whose put the team on his back several times to win games this year (with our 6-3 record) and even put us in position to win this game twice. 

You're not wrong that he needs to improve. Your timeline is classic bills fan though. 

Daboll deserves equal share of the blame. There is no excuse for that game plan and not attacking Cleveland's weakness which was the run.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I believe Knox dropped that pass, but it was extremely late . There is no reason Allen shouldn't have let the ball rip there. It's as  EASY a 6 points you'll get in this league. For the first time since coming back from the injury last year, I'm worried about Allen. I'm seeing too many red flags on a consistent basis with him

No big games this year and he's consistently mediocre.  If we had some big chunk plays mixed in, his inaccuracy and inconsistency would be somewhat excused.  He just isn't doing it as a passer.  Dabol is not good but Allen doesn't make his job easier if he can't complete passes to guys who are open.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

No big games this year and he's consistently mediocre.  If we had some big chunk plays mixed in, his inaccuracy and inconsistency would be somewhat excused.  He just isn't doing it as a passer.  Dabol is not good but Allen doesn't make his job easier if he can't complete passes to guys who are open.

He just needs more time. ?. Maybe by year 5 he will be ranked in the upper 20's as a QB. I realize a lot of you are afraid to start over again at QB. Now that the games are on the line against tougher teams I don't see him being much better. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He will get the rest of this year and next to prove it.

Don't be upset when this is his ceiling. A good QB makes guys around him better. He is not even close to that. He still struggles to read a defense which at this point he should be much better at. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He will get the rest of this year and next to prove it.

Not if he continues this trend.  If Allen doesn't improve, I'm sure we're going to bring in a seasoned vet that could challenge Allen next year.

Similar to what the Titans did with bringing in Tannehill.  Titans were concerned about Mariota, still started him but now he's on the bench.  Tannehill improved the offense to mediocre level when with Mariota, it was a bottom feeder.  

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Im not disagreeing with you.... I'm just tell you what I think will happen. 

They will ride with Allen as long as they can. I think it's a little ridiculous that this talk is even going on now, however, I think the whole regime will he on the hot seat if he doesn't improve by seasons end. 

What's so ridiculous? He is not good enough and he need to improve in a hurry if they are going win games the rest of the way. 

39 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Don't be upset when this is his ceiling. A good QB makes guys around him better. He is not even close to that. He still struggles to read a defense which at this point he should be much better at. 

So what should the team do about the QB position?  Bench Allen? Draft a QB in the 1st round next year?  What is your plan here?