Joe B All-22 Bills at Browns - Allen sees ghosts/White and Safeties shine

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I would like to see Joe  B stay in that pocket.  There were times that the left side leaked like a sieve.  No wonder Allen missed open receivers on his left.  Number 95 was in his face all game as was a blitzing LB or DB.  

I definitely think he was worried about that side

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I think that what this tells us is:

1. There could be some red flags on Allen and that he is holding the team back offensively.

2.  The Bills DL is not very good

3.  Devin Singletary needs to be more involved 

All of these things are blatantly obvious at this point.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I think that what this tells us is:

1. There could be some red flags on Allen and that he is holding the team back offensively.

2.  The Bills DL is not very good

3.  Devin Singletary needs to be more involved 

Hmmm...I'm shocked.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was always going to take time to develop but he’s going to be really good

Both of our third round picks appear to be gems. The move up to select Knox was an especially well scouted pick because he didn't get many touches in college due to the other good receivers on the team.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Top 5 graded players 

Morse

Hyde

Tre White

Dawson Knox

Poyer

lowest 5 graded players 

Ford

Gore

Allen 

Trent Murphy 

levi Wallace 

Well yeah it was valid!

Knox????

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shaq should play more 

He had a lot of really good plays too but i noticed the pocket bailing 

I think it is a direct effect of having Garrett blow him up on his blind side so many times.

• Like (+1) 4

Allen was a bit shakey this game, but he also stepped up with some major league throws. I still love the upside. Can we get the guy a big, physical, somewhat skilled (sorry Duke) receiver though? That would be so helpful to him. I still trust my eyes as well and feel the coaches aren't doing him any favors with the rb situation and play calling. Put the dude in a situation to succeed at least. 

Oh and saying he was a bottom 5 graded out  player on the field that day is silly Joe B. Wheres friggin Lee Smith? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

lowest 5 graded players 

Ford

Gore

Allen 

Trent Murphy 

levi Wallace 

Well yeah it was valid!

No Lee Smith?

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I would like to see Joe  B stay in that pocket.  There were times that the left side leaked like a sieve.  No wonder Allen missed open receivers on his left.  Number 95 was in his face all game as was a blitzing LB or DB.  

This 100%. People get mad at Josh for not looking at Cole on the final 3rd down play. He undoubtedly was wide open. I doubt Allen could have even seen him with the defender flying around feely to kill him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Browns packed the box to take the run game away and force Daboll to throw it.  The pass plays were there, Josh just missed a bunch of what looked like simpler throws early that would have changed the Browns approach.   The knock on Allen was he is not accurate and , sure enough, he wasn't very accurate against the Brownies.   Guess we should have taken Rosen :)

Okay, so something he has shown great improvement on, which is hanging in the pocket, now immediately becomes full blown regression because of a game (1 out of 9 now) where he starts running around a bit. Could it be because they blitzed him 4 out of every 10 plays and he was getting knocked around? Was it his best game of the year? Nope. Did he still make some big time throws? Yep. Just saying, the media and anyone else love to throw out click bait to feed the opinions of those who slurp them up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Murphy is not living up to his price tag. Do you think the Bills would limit Lawson’s snaps so his stats don’t grow and impact resigning?

He doesn’t make much for a starting DE. But still shouldn’t be playing so many snaps. I don’t think that at all about Shaq. That would make no sense because he’s clearly not a priority for them to re-sign to the point they would do something like that.  

5 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

No Lee Smith?

This 100%. People get mad at Josh for not looking at Cole on the final 3rd down play. He undoubtedly was wide open. I doubt Allen could have even seen him with the defender flying around feely to kill him.

Lee Smith was the 6th worst

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm more interested in what was said about the DE position.

I don't feel the situation at DE is so different from the Duke-Zay situation and wish Darryl Johnson would get more snaps at LDE.

As a pass-rusher, Murphy lacked urgency in numerous one-on-one chances. He didn’t show any speed off the edge, he couldn’t bend underneath the tackle on wide rushes and he failed to get a push on bull-rush attempts. I focused most of my allotted video time on Murphy to stress the primary point: When the Bills were at their best in getting after the passer, Murphy wasn’t on the field.

he was impactful during the goal line stand but didn’t contain the edge on other occasions 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

he was impactful during the goal line stand but didn’t contain the edge on other occasions 

The replay of Chubb's 21 yd run on their last drive isn't kind to Murphy or Edmunds.

7 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Allen was a bit shakey this game, but he also stepped up with some major league throws. I still love the upside. Can we get the guy a big, physical, somewhat skilled (sorry Duke) receiver though? That would be so helpful to him. I still trust my eyes as well and feel the coaches aren't doing him any favors with the rb situation and play calling. Put the dude in a situation to succeed at least. 

Oh and saying he was a bottom 5 graded out  player on the field that day is silly Joe B. Wheres friggin Lee Smith? 

I agree Allen needs a elite weapon but guys were getting open vs the Browns and Allen just couldn't deliver. We really should've had that Browns game, so many missed opportunities and dumb decision making cost us a valuable win. 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe should listen to Eric Wood.

The reason that Allen was able to throw with anticipation on the final drive is that Buffalo was in a hurry-up and didn't afford Cleveland a chance to change their personnel or looks. That gave Allen easy pre-snap reads, and we've all seen how good he is under those circumstances.

Then, of course, we decided to huddle on 3rd down without calling a timeout, and we saw how that went.

A smart fan might wonder why the offense doesn't operate on a fast-paced basis more often after seeing how well the QB plays in such a scenario. At least until Allen hits his next level of development and the game slows down more for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3