Kaepernick's Agents Announce Tryout (edited title)

ngbills

Will Bills Scouts Be Attending Kaepernick Workout?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bills Scouts Be Attending Kaepernick Workout?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should They Sign Him If He Shows He Can Play?

• Yes
    • No

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could always be mistaken, but I don't think the terms on which his collusion suit with the NFL was settled were "you got run from the league all on your own, Fool"  Confidential settlement though, so we should by rights never know.

You're mistaken.  A Billion dollar industry paid two players a 10 Million dollar settlement to make the bad press go away.   He is out of the league based on his own actions.  The settlement and the tryout are both the equivalent of a parent giving a petulant child ice cream to stop the crying.  He could of spent the last three years in the AFL or the CFL trying to prove he wanted to play football.   He didnt do that because he thinks he is entitled to millions.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

You're mistaken.  A Billion dollar industry paid two players a 10 Million dollar settlement to make the bad press go away.   He is out of the league based on his own actions.  The settlement and the tryout are both the equivalent of a parent giving a petulant child ice cream to stop the crying.  He could of spent the last three years in the AFL or the CFL trying to prove he wanted to play football.   He didnt do that because he thinks he is entitled to millions.  

Since the terms of the settlement were confidential, I'm curious about the source of your confident assertion that the settlement was $10 million?

The rest of course, is your opinion and you're entitled.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was benched on the 49ers because they thought they had another QB that was better.

He filed a collusion case against the NFL because he felt (and I think there's a point) he didn't suck worse over subsequent years than all 64 QB on NFL rosters.

So what does 'suck worse' mean in this context?  I have been in management for a long time, and have hired tons of people, and had to fire some as well.  As often as not, someone gets invited to leave because they're a cancer to the organization, NOT because they weren't a good coder.

Kaep may well be a 'better' QB than some backups (which, who knows if he's any good at this point or not, it's a huge risk) but pure QB ability is only one aspect of what you're hiring for if you're a NFL GM, especially in the backup QB role. 

edit:  My intent here was to say that no team is obligated to hire Kaep, or even consider him.  There is no guarantee of employment with an NFL team.  Even if he is 'better' than another player currently employed by the league.  I wonder if he's still demanding $20m a year?

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Since the terms of the settlement were confidential, I'm curious about the source of your confident assertion that the settlement was $10 million?

The rest of course, is your opinion and you're entitled.

I think it was Deadspin that claimed to have uncovered the amount, I might be mistaken though

Edited by dorquemada
missed my main point in initial post

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Everyone keeps saying this; I think that is totally overplayed.  

The frenzy would fade quickly anyway, if it did exist.

Media frenzy in Buffalo, for example, would fade to nothing with the first snowfall when the national reporters scampered back home.  Can you see the locals in a frenzy? What would that look like?

Outside of NYC and Boston this would die down like everything else does. We are prisoners of the moment.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I read an article that at one point he refused a backup contract because he wants to be a starter making starter money. 

Everyone will have to determine the worth, but, he has denied this.

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's hilarious to see the raw HATE for Kaepernick here, despite him being pretty much the same thing as Josh Allen.

Big, hugely talented, great runner, not a particularly good passer.

I would certainly hope the Bills attend his practice on Saturday.

We are far, far away from being set at QB.

We should pursue all options until we are set.

Brilliant take, friggin brilliant.  Wow, just wow.

48 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You prefaced with "Kaep has many demands...."

After reading what you copy/pasted, he had two requests and zero demands.

I don’t see why a Tuesday vs Saturday makes a difference.  I read another report that he was pushing for another Saturday a few weeks later.  I don’t get it

30 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He should talk to Doug Whaley in the XFL

3 hours ago, wppete said:

what are you talking about?!?!? I was just saying it will be entertaining to see the media and fans go nuts. I don’t give a crap about Kaep. We have our franchise QB. 

I didn’t accuse you of anything, I asked a simple question.

We will cheer our asses off if Hunt is on our team, yet for many Kaepernick is off limits. That seems off, doesn’t it?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t see why a Tuesday vs Saturday makes a difference.  I read another report that he was pushing for another Saturday a few weeks later.  I don’t get it

Tuesday is when teams work out players at the stadium. Saturday teams are usually traveling

14 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He should talk to Doug Whaley in the XFL

He would be the ultimate Whaley gem.

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Not sure what the NFL powers that be, have to do with a Kap workout.  Shouldn't that be between Kap, his agents, and the team reps?

This workout will make Kaep go away. Just a matter of going through the steps right now. He’s done. 

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I didn’t accuse you of anything, I asked a simple question.

We will cheer our asses off if Hunt is on our team, yet for many Kaepernick is off limits. That seems off, doesn’t it?

Is it possible in your world to dislike both Kaep and Hunt?  I don't care for Kaep and his Girlfriend's ultra-woke politics, but the bigger issue is I don't believe he'll be able to come back and be anywhere near as effective as he was before.  Especially if he still thinks he's going to be a starter making starter money and demanding the spotlight wherever he lands.

Hunt, on the other hand, shouldn't even be in the league any more and is probably lucky hes not in jail.  I wouldnt want him on my septic tank cleaning crew much less my NFL team

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

that to me is where he screwed himself. He should have taken the job and waited for an opportunity to prove himself. 

He should have hired Fitz as a consultant. If anyone knows those ropes, it’s Fitzy! 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

This workout will make Kaep go away. Just a matter of going through the steps right now. He’s done. 

i voted yes in the poll, but reading your posts makes me think you are right and this is just a dog and pony show.

sports talk guy clay travis often posts a team will look at an athletes talent vs his baggage.  if the value of the talent exceeds the cost of the baggage, there can be a deal to do, if not, no deal.

kaep had a good run (ironically, given that roman was the architect for that, and made garbage pail tyrod look like a legit starter, and has jackson just tooling up the nfl right now, i think he's gonna be like kevin gilbride and win chips after we fired him, groan) but then fell apart.  he hasn't looked good since, and got benched for frikken blain gabbert.

kaep's baggage is huge.  it costs viewers/ticket sales for a team employing him, and ill bet is a polarizing factor in the locker room or coaching staff.  the simple math is he'd have to really strike a coaching staff as special to be worth the risk.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, colin said:

i voted yes in the poll, but reading your posts makes me think you are right and this is just a dog and pony show.

sports talk guy clay travis often posts a team will look at an athletes talent vs his baggage.  if the value of the talent exceeds the cost of the baggage, there can be a deal to do, if not, no deal.

kaep had a good run (ironically, given that roman was the architect for that, and made garbage pail tyrod look like a legit starter, and has jackson just tooling up the nfl right now, i think he's gonna be like kevin gilbride and win chips after we fired him, groan) but then fell apart.  he hasn't looked good since, and got benched for frikken blain gabbert.

kaep's baggage is huge.  it costs viewers/ticket sales for a team employing him, and ill bet is a polarizing factor in the locker room or coaching staff.  the simple math is he'd have to really strike a coaching staff as special to be worth the risk.

You my friend are the most logical person in this discussion on here. The NFL is a business first and foremost and Kaepernick is BAD for business. His talent is debatable after sitting out 3 years. The workout on Saturday will finally close the door on all the Kaepernick discussion.