Kaepernick's Agents Announce Tryout (edited title)

ngbills

Will Bills Scouts Be Attending Kaepernick Workout?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bills Scouts Be Attending Kaepernick Workout?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should They Sign Him If He Shows He Can Play?

• Yes
    • No

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

He was.  And look around the league.  He still is.  And even if he isn't, he's easily a top 64.  He's sure as hell better than Matt Barkley.

He was worse than Blaine Gabbert, twice.  He hasn't played in years. 

Just now, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Any inclusion of his past social stances is relevant to any discussion of Kaep's future status as a player. He will forever be tied to his stance, whether you think it's germaine or not.

Image result for jermaine jackson gif

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No longer relevant.  It's been kept quiet, but his collusion case with the NFL was settled for undisclosed terms some time back.

The NFL head office and brass is full of some the best corporate lawyers in America. This whole Saturday workout for Kaepernick (which has never been done for any other player) is clearly a plan by the NFL lawyers to finally get rid of Kaepernick and collusion law suit.

Kaepernick will show up to an NFL workout this Saturday where I predict no head coaches or GMs will attend. The NFL will video tape it and send out to all 32 teams and all 32 teams will politely say thank you but no thank you and that will be the end of Kaepirnick and the NFL...... Or a team signs him to be a backup and get backlash from fans and possibly lose $$$$ (I dont see that happening). 

I really dont care either way, its just pure entertainment at this point. I know that the Bills wont be signing Kaepernick. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do you think all 32 backup QBs in the league are better than Colin Kaepernick?

Gungy....We both know this is just an excuse hypocrites hide behind. These people CLEARLY dont want him playing because he kneeled and use "he sucks" as their excuse to feel how they do. These same people dont take that strong of a stance against actual criminals continuing to play in the NFL.

You know you are wrong when you have to make up excuses to validate your stance on something. I would have actual respect for these people if they could be real with everyone especially themselves by just coming out and saying I DONT WANT KAEP TO PLAY BECAUSE HE KNEELED. 

I have no problem with people having different opinions and ideologies than I do (unless it violent or hateful) but I do have an issue with people who try to mask their true feelings.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Gungy....We both know this is just an excuse hypocrites hide behind. These people CLEARLY dont want him playing because he kneeled and use "he sucks" as their excuse to feel how they do. These same people dont take that strong of a stance against actual criminals continuing to play in the NFL.

You know you are wrong when you have to make up excuses to validate your stance on something. I would have actual respect for these people if they could be real with everyone especially themselves by just coming out and saying I DONT WANT KAEP TO PLAY BECAUSE HE KNEELED. 

I have no problem with people having different opinions and ideologies than I do (unless it violent or hateful) but I do have an issue with people who try to mask their true feelings.

But he does suck though, hence the benching. 

Correct ? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lol you must watch CNN religiously. He took advantage of a few unfortunate incidents to advance an anti cop anti Caucasian agenda, Even wearing socks depicting cartoon pigs in police uniforms. Yes, he disrespected Police and is supportive of criminals including some who have killed police. He’s a mediocre ballplayer and basically pond scum. Glad you think he’s a great guy, but I can’t agree with you. 

I think this captures the divide over Kaepernick in a nutshell. 

To the communities where shootings by police happen with some regularity, these are a pattern, not a "few unfortunate incidents" and if criminal activity has been involved, it's relatively minor stuff that may merit prosecution, but certainly does not merit being shot at much less killed - like allegedly stealing cigarillos.  And by the way, as many know I live in the city where a lot of the protests took root and have much deeper knowledge of the situations than many.

To others, such as yourself, any criticism of police (however justified it may be) not only represents an "anti cop agenda", it becomes an "anti Caucasian agenda".  That's a really big stretch.

I see no evidence that Kaepernick fits what I would call "pond scum", beyond holding social and political beliefs you disagree with.  Which is your right as an American, provided you don't, as Kaep did, express them at work.

I do see football players I would describe as "pond scum" for actions such as abusing children and women and other destructive and illegal activities who have been given 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances and I personally see that as hypocritical on the part of the owners and the league - PROVIDED Kaepernick is willing to compromise and agree to not advance his political views on his employers' time. 

I don't know whether or not that is the case.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Or a team signs him to be a backup and get backlash from fans and possibly lose $$$$ (I dont see that happening). 

The sad part is we live in a country where people care more about a man deciding to kneel in protest to mistreatment of his people but are fine with criminals and even players who have killed people drinking and driving continuing to play. No backlash there right? These same people KNOW their stance is BS so they try to blame the reason on lack of talent when Kaep is clearly better then almost all the backups in the league and a few starters. When has there ever been backlash from fans for upgrading the backup position? Even some of the worse acts (like Vick killing dogs) were forgiven after a few years and a prison sentence, yet this guy get a lifetime blackball. SAD!!!!

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

But he does suck though, hence the benching. 

Correct ? 

He was benched on the 49ers because they thought they had another QB that was better.

He filed a collusion case against the NFL because he felt (and I think there's a point) he didn't suck worse over subsequent years than all 64 QB on NFL rosters.

The case as I understand it, has been settled for undisclosed terms, which probably is a tacit acknowledgement by the NFL that a judge or a jury would not dismiss that POV out of hand.

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

The sad part is we live in a country where people care more about a man deciding to kneel in protest to mistreatment of his people but are fine with criminals and even players who have killed people drinking and driving continuing to play. No backlash there right? These same people KNOW their stance is BS so they try to blame the reason on lack of talent when Kaep is clearly better then almost all the backups in the league and a few starters. When has there ever been backlash from fans for upgrading the backup position? Even some of the worse acts (like Vick killing dogs) were forgiven after a few years and a prison sentence, yet this guy get a lifetime blackball. SAD!!!!

That remains to be seen (the lifetime blackball) which is what, as I understand it, this tryout is about.

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

The NFL head office and brass is full of some the best corporate lawyers in America. This whole Saturday workout for Kaepernick (which has never been done for any other player) is clearly a plan by the NFL lawyers to finally get rid of Kaepernick and collusion law suit.

Incorrect.  Collusion law suit has been settled last February.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nfl-colin-kaepernick-reach-resolution-collusion-case-today-2019-02-15/

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

Good points. However the truth is if Kaep signs with a team, that will get destroyed on Social Media and media  and that will translate in loss of $$$  for that team and the NFL as it is a revenue sharing business to a certain extent. It make no Business sense to sign Kaep at this point to sit and be a backup. But I really don’t care, we have our QBs in Buffalo and are very happy with them. 

5 hours ago, GregPersons said:

It would absolutely never happen under McBeane 

But I think he'd probably be a good fit for Daboll's offense actually.

What makes you think that?

Kaepernick has never demonstrated the ability to succeed in a E-P pocket-passer type offense with a run threat, which is what Daboll is trying hard to implement here with Allen.

He'd be a reasonable fit for Baltimore, but they already have a backup they believe can run their offense (RGIII)

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Incorrect.  Collusion law suit has been settled last February.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nfl-colin-kaepernick-reach-resolution-collusion-case-today-2019-02-15/

Actually Kaepernick and his representatives could in fact be setting up for a second collusion case and this Saturday Workout could be what shuts the second case down. Look it up, a lot of lawyers talking about this... Florio mentions it I. This article this morning also..... this has nothing to do with his football skillset anymore. Pure lawyer play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/12/nfl-not-colin-kaepernick-arranged-saturday-workout/

Edited by wppete

20 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I 100% agree here.  I have more of a problem with people associated with Murder (Ray Lewis) or abuse (Hill/Hunt/Mixon) getting a pass.  While I may not agree with the stance, I support those that don't engage in acts of violence.  Don't get me started on the whole weed hypocrisy

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Actually Kaepernick and his representatives could in fact be setting up for a second collusion case and this Saturday Workout could be what shuts the second case down. Look it up, a lot of lawyers talking about this... Florio mentions it I. This article this morning also..... this has nothing to do with his football skillset anymore. Pure lawyer play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/12/nfl-not-colin-kaepernick-arranged-saturday-workout/

This seems to be to bizarre, a second grievance?

"file a second grievance alleging collusion and/or retaliation arising from his prior collusion grievance, which reportedly was settled for payment in the range of $1 million and $10 million."

If the NFL is really stupid enough to settle the first grievance case for millions of $ without adequate agreement by Kap to eliminate any future liability, then they are dumb beyond comprehension.

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

Good points. However the truth is if Kaep signs with a team, that will get destroyed on Social Media and media  and that will translate in loss of $$$  for that team and the NFL as it is a revenue sharing business to a certain extent. It make no Business sense to sign Kaep at this point to sit and be a backup. But I really don’t care, we have our QBs in Buffalo and are very happy with them. 

Oh not so fast, not so fast.

The team that signs him will be lauded as heroes by most of the media and most of social media.  Ironically a team like San Fran should sign him, you think they would lose a lot of fans for signing him, they might net gain fans and $.

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

Is that really true at this point? Hasn't the issue blown over to a large extent? I don't think it would cause major issues at this point.