The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

~1 hour and 30 minutes away from the next round of the Impeachment charade.

https://www.house.gov/legislative-activity

I believe I heard that every single member of the committee gets an opening statement, so expect this to adjourn and begin again tomorrow.

Although, there will probably also be another rule change and the minority will not be allowed to speak at all...

Over/Under on how much Jerry drools during this: 1 quart

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I believe I heard that every single member of the committee gets an opening statement, so expect this to adjourn and begin again tomorrow.

Although, there will probably also be another rule change and the minority will not be allowed to speak at all...

...Nadler or Jones?......BOTH are victims of themselves......

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

:lol: the Senate hearing today must have hurt them badly.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Once again you are being purposefully dense to state that context to which allowable actions are conducted are irrelevant. Once again, laws are done under context of actions. You are allowed to fire someone, can you fire them for being Asian? There are laws and regulations to which you can use your authority. 

1.) Mueller isn't Asian.

2.) Firing Mueller for continuing a partisan investigation that the investigators knew had no basis in reality is not a crime.

3.) Firing Mueller for being Asian (or, you know, continuing a sham investigation solely as a perjury/obstruction/process crime trap) is still not a ***** crime.

If you want to continue with this "crime" stupidity, quote the statute he violated.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"This board is not a court of law, so stop arguing with me when I make legal arguments!"

"…ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests "

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

1.) Mueller isn't Asian.

2.) Firing Mueller for continuing a partisan investigation that the investigators knew had no basis in reality is not a crime.

3.) Firing Mueller for being Asian (or, you know, continuing a sham investigation solely as a perjury/obstruction/process crime trap) is still not a ***** crime.

If you want to continue with this "crime" stupidity, quote the statute he violated.

"…ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests "

You should mentor John Adams regarding courtroom manner and show him what a magical defense consists of. I know that's a lot to ask but Perry Mason reruns just aren't doing it for him.

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

You are being purposefully dense. I am not saying that Trump was convicted of a crime. I am saying he committed it. Did Bill Clinton commit perjury despite the fact he was never charged with that crime. This is a message board not a court of law. I don't think it is a stretch to look at the Muller report confirming the story of Trump ordering McGahn to fire Muller as Trump attempting to obstruct an investigation. There is no other supposition to make. 

Mueller wasn't fired.  No crime committed.  Trump could yell and scream and ponder firing him all he wants.    Meaningless, not to mention Trump had the authority to do so.  Now if Trump would have fired Mueller sometime in 2018 after Mueller and his crew knew that no conspiracy between Americans and Russians had occurred and due to Mueller's refusal at that point to end the probe, Trump would have been very justified. 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The will of the people?  Ahem...

"BUT HILLARY WON THE POPULAR VOTE!!!!!!!"

Honestly, I'm surprised Democrats haven't tried to justify impeachment by arguing it's just a nullification of the undemocratic and racist Electoral College.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Haven't listened to this one yet, I just expect it to be hilarious.

(for better and worse)

"Fact-free impeachment". Jim Jordan was trying not to laugh his ass off.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well, that's easily explainable: The Republicans were pouncing, without evidence, and even though Obama somehow didn't endanger national security when he outright refused to send lethal aid to Ukraine, Trump must be impeached for putting us all at grave risk of a Russian invasion while abusing his power to extort a bribe for personal political gain.

Also, Eric Holder is a goddamn hero for obstructing Congress.

• Haha (+1) 1