The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

Fair Tax. It is a consumption tax but allows everybody to be rebated tax based on the first $30-$40,000 earned. It has to be done as a sales tax but under no circumstances a Value Added Tax that could easily be manipulated by the government and hidden from the general public. It would reduce the size of the IRS and will bring in taxes that are now being avoided.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Trump impeachment drive has similarities to Wisconsin recall."

ABC News is just noticing. 

I don't need a refresher on the Wisconsin uprising against Scott Walker, but the key similarities lie in the future. After Walker-haters stormed their way to a recall election, they not only lost the recall, they lost the next regular election.

The ABC article tells us:
Walker ultimately won the recall election in June 2012, becoming a conservative hero on his way to a short-lived run for president in 2015. In a testament to Wisconsin’s political division, just five months after Walker won the recall vote, Obama cruised to victory in Wisconsin on his way to reelection....
Yeah, but Walker won his next election. That fact is tucked away in the article, here:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

I think it’s very reasonable. 
Spend big money pay big tax. 
Necessities of life can be taxed differently than other items. 

There’s more than one way to get revenue.  You’ve got your way. It isn’t my preferred way.

Democrats Ponder Impeachment Pivot

The Democrats have twisted themselves into a Schiffian Knot, a modern-day unsolvable puzzle. 

When they plunged forward on their ill-fated impeachment voyage, they were destined to land on this surreal shore, even if their parade of bureaucratic interagency cheerleaders was even weaker than presumed. 

So they are in the bad place that can't be washed away with a few margaritas. They desperately want to impeach President Donald Trump, but they don't want to send this partisan presumption pile over to the Senate, where they can no longer control the list of witnesses, where hearsay will be inadmissible, and where narrative control swings to the Republicans. 

But if they don't impeach, their pitchfork-wielding base's fury will reach apocalyptic levels. Nancy Pelosi, like the apostle Peter near the end of his life, was led by others to where she did not want to go. She must be furious with her caustic clown caucus that maneuvered her into such an untenable position. 

I knew that Democrats were in deep trouble when my teenage daughter asked me to explain the current impeachment effort at the dinner table. She ended the conversation with this: "This is so dumb."

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

But Lizzy wants to try something entirely new - wealth confiscation! Just take people's wealth each and every year. There's a lot more "wealth" in the nation than there is just income. 

Fun fact:  In Massachusetts, you can elect to pay a higher state income tax rate if you choose.  Liz only started doing it in 2017.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Fun fact:  In Massachusetts, you can elect to pay a higher state income tax rate if you choose.  Liz only started doing in 2017.

The should have that for every state and for Federal Income taxes as well. Let these hypocrites like politicians & Warren Buffett they claim they should pay more in taxes actually do it. 

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The should have that for every state and for Federal Income taxes as well. Let these hypocrites like politicians & Warren Buffett they claim they should pay more in taxes actually do it. 

But Liz Warren IS doing it.

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Fun fact:  In Massachusetts, you can elect to pay a higher state income tax rate if you choose.  Liz only started doing it in 2017.

I wouldn’t do it, but I think at a minimum it’s interesting that she’s doing it. I guess maybe she’s paying extra taxes and still donating to charitable causes? Or is the Massachusetts State Gov’t her charitable cause?  

That being said, she was a hypocrite and now she’s disingenuous? She can’t be actually walking the walk?

Maybe if she doesn’t get the nomination or win the election and then she stops paying extra taxes she can be called out. 

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

But Liz Warren IS doing it.

I wouldn’t do it, but I think at a minimum it’s interesting that she’s doing it. I guess maybe she’s paying extra taxes and still donating to charitable causes? Or is the Massachusetts State Gov’t her charitable cause?  

That being said, she was a hypocrite and now she’s disingenuous? She can’t be actually walking the walk?

Maybe if she doesn’t get the nomination or win the election and then she stops paying extra taxes she can be called out. 

Yeah sure, she started to do it in 2017. 

1) When excatly did she decide to run for president?

2) Shocking , out of the kindness of her heart and for full disclosure she lets every knew she is doing it.  

Her paying more in taxes is nothing more than political posturing, a stunt.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah sure, she started to do it in 2017. 

1) When excatly did she decide to run for president?

2) Shocking , out of the kindness of her heart and for full disclosure she lets every knew she is doing it.  

Her paying more in taxes is nothing more than political posturing, a stunt.

All I’m saying is that if she stops after she loses, then you’re right.

Can’t really say that now.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

i would advocate for an option to elect to pay less tax. whaddaya think?

• Like (+1) 1

2 main reasons I would support a Fair Tax, but ONLY AFTER the income tax amendment were repealed! We should all know better than to give the government anything without fulfilling a promise first... 

First, it give Everyone a monthly rebate of the amount you paid up to specific level... This means people in low income, maybe only make 1000 a month (arbitrary number, most think this might be closer to 4000 a month), will get all of that back. Of course that amount can be changed (more on that in a moment), but the important part is that it is across the board. NO ONE is exempt from it, everyone gets it. So if you make 5000 a month, you still get that amount you would have paid on the first 1000 just like everyone else

Second, a consumption tax is truly equal, and across the board. Everyone pays the same amount percentage wise so if you're frugal like me, I might buy those dirty potatoes at the grocer, while you might be willing to pay more for the nice clean ones. Our own personal choice.

Maybe I'm just saving that potato money to buy an expensive TV soon to watch the Bills game on. Regardless however, we all pay the same percentage, but still the freedom of individual choices.

So there we have it... A tax that is fair across the board, yet STILL HELPS the lower income people through the monthly rebate. 

But now come the bestest part of all!!!!!!! If you decide to raise that tax, or to raise or lower the rebate level, it is also applied equally across all levels. So it in fact, affects EVERYONE! Look at this thread... The debate is who should pay more right? We have all thee levels of income tax, yet from top to bottom most in those brackets feel they pay too much, while others don't pay enough!

Divide and conquer??????????????? Almost ALL our political arguments have to do with taxes and funding! 

If, and only IF... we all pay the same will we ever feel we, and the taxes we pay, are truly equal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Bakin said:

This is a far preferable option. 
Consume - pay tax. 
Much better than Earn - pay tax. 

Consume what?  Food?  Beverages?  Steel?  Acrylic?  Kilowatts?  

I mean...kilowatt-hours.  The only thing all forms of "consumption" have in common is the energy of production and distribution.  So maybe tax an effective measure of energy production, transportation, and distribution.

Maybe like...a carbon tax?  

45 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Consume what?  Food?  Beverages?  Steel?  Acrylic?  Kilowatts?  

I mean...kilowatt-hours.  The only thing all forms of "consumption" have in common is the energy of production and distribution.  So maybe tax an effective measure of energy production, transportation, and distribution.

Maybe like...a carbon tax?  

No definitely not a carbon tax. 
probably should follow some kind of reverse diamond-water paradox. 
basic necessities should be taxed lower (or not at all) in comparison to non-essentials. 

But let people keep their income.