The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

I don’t think it’s blanket immunity. He can’t be sued for anything he says on the House Floor or in Committee. He can however be beaten with a cane. 
In the words of W. C. Bryant, "Has it come to this, that we must speak with bated breath in the presence of our Southern masters?... Are we to be chastised as they chastise their slaves? Are we too, slaves, slaves for life, a target for their brutal blows, when we do not comport ourselves to please them?"

35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i can't speak for Tom but i assumed he was being factious.

No.  The purpose of Congressional immunity is to prevent Congressmen and Senators from being persecuted and silenced while Congress is in session.  

While immunity isn't blanket, I'm pretty confident saying that in an impeachment case, a Congressman won't be arrested for anything related to that impeachment, as it would be extremely difficult to argue that's not in some way a political prosecution.  

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.  The purpose of Congressional immunity is to prevent Congressmen and Senators from being persecuted and silenced while Congress is in session.  

While immunity isn't blanket, I'm pretty confident saying that in an impeachment case, a Congressman won't be arrested for anything related to that impeachment, as it would be extremely difficult to argue that's not in some way a political prosecution.  

You mean like getting other Congressmen's, staff members and journalists phone numbers and exposing them in official public documents?

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What Schiff did is a variation on a theme.

The defense of what many consider to be indefensible actions by “investigators” is always: “but Trump”.

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Chuck Todd is a dumb, dumb, man. If he got hit by a truck and was in a coma, he'd be as capable as he is at present to do his job.

Am I the only Ted Cruz fan on this board?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

said immunity does not extend to commission of a crime.

however, i guess revealing classified information may not be a prosecutable offense. but... does that protect him from unlawfully spying, i dunno.

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Should I turn myself in for the thoughts I had while watching The Blue Lagoon?

It's not what thoughts that you had, but why you had them. And we will decide, based on our objective and impartial powers of conjecture, what was running through your mind at that moment.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

It's not what thoughts that you had, but why you had them. And we will decide, based on our objective and impartial powers of conjecture, what was running through your mind at that moment.

Well, in 1980 all it took was a little breeze, so maybe that can be my defense. 

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Am I the only Ted Cruz fan on this board?

Not hardly. I’ve been watching and following his career ever since he was a little tyke. Here’s a family photo with his proud papa standing behind him. 

45049796_10157030205322280_8754002213858
Trump should put him on the Supreme Court. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Not hardly. I’ve been watching and following his career ever since he was a little tyke. Here’s a family photo with his proud papa standing behind him. 

45049796_10157030205322280_8754002213858
Trump should put him on the Supreme Court. 

I thought that he took more from Grandpa (Al Lewis).