The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

Flip flopper! 

But Turley’s position was curiously at odds with his previous defenses of congressional power.

“President Trump will not be our last president,” he argued, saying impeachment would create “a dangerous precedent.”

Funny. He made almost exactly the opposite case against President Barack Obama in a 2013 hearing. “This will not be our last president,” he argued then, saying it would be “very dangerous” to the balance of powers not to hold Obama accountable for assuming powers “very similar” to the “the right of the king to essentially stand above the law.”

Now we have a president soliciting campaign help from a foreign country while withholding military aid, then ignoring duly issued subpoenas — and Turley says Congress would be the entity committing an “abuse of power” if it holds Trump to account. Trump shared that quote on Twitter.

AD

Back in 1998, arguing for President Bill Clinton’s impeachment, Turley said there was “no objective basis” to claim that the Framers intended a “restrictive definition of ‘high crimes and misdemeanors.’ ” Now Turley argues that the Framers intended a restrictive definition, applying “bribery” only to “money” transactions.

Back in 1998, Turley argued that “impeachment performs the very constitutional function that is sought in a censure.” Now, he instructs lawmakers that “you can’t impeach a president like this.”

No doubt Turley, a clever lawyer, can rationalize the inconsistencies. But his position came across as more about provocation than principle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/04/no-wonder-jonathan-turleys-dog-is-mad/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Karlan has to be the easiest A at Stanford.  I know the type.  All you have to do is parrot back whatever she says, and praise her occasionally.  

I'll bet in at least on of her classes, the final grade will be based on submitting an "analysis" of her testimony yesterday - which "analysis" will be nothing more than parroting back her statements to prove you watched her.

Slow down man! You are making wild, totally unsubstantiated accusations! You are unhinged 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tom, she’s not there to meme. This isn’t the Colbert Show. She’s supposed to be a serious legal mind. She proved otherwise. Outrageous and unprofessional.

We've got Mr. Creosote impeaching a reality TV star.  How the ***** is this not the Colbert Show?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Karlan has to be the easiest A at Stanford.  I know the type.  All you have to do is parrot back whatever she says, and praise her occasionally.  

I'll bet in at least on of her classes, the final grade will be based on submitting an "analysis" of her testimony yesterday - which "analysis" will be nothing more than parroting back her statements to prove you watched her.

the only possible answer here would be to slump back in your seat when confronted with an inescapable truth.

that should get you a 6.0 amiright??

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tom, she’s not there to meme. This isn’t the Colbert Show. She’s supposed to be a serious legal mind. She proved otherwise. Outrageous and unprofessional.

Agreed. And, as a mother, I'd have ripped that lunatic a new one for mentioning my 13 year old son as part of an "impeachment hearing" to attempt to prove an #OrangeManBad point.  Mama Bears are real. Melania was much more gracious than 99% of mother's would have been. 

Sorry, when "hands off the kids" was invoked to protect a 50 year old crack head with no job skills from the consequences of his actions, but does not apply to (even nebulously) smacking around a 13 year old during a Congressional hearing, people have truly jumped the shark. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Impeachment Clock Has Expired

It is very easy to see what the strategy was meant to do.

With a coordinated launch and slow roll-out, Adam Schiff thought he could maintain control of the narrative and drip-drip-drip the evidence that President Donald Trump had committed some impeachable offense over weeks and weeks in order to win the public’s support for impeachment. He did so at the expense of his party leader and Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, who was opposed to such actions. He essentially threw her under the bus in order to make a name for himself as the guy who brought down Trump.

This is the same Adam Schiff who proudly told America that he had irrefutable evidence that Trump had coordinated with the Russians. He just knew Robert Mueller would deliver Trump’s head on a platter. And now he wants all of us to know that he’s got Trump this time.

{snip}

The Democrats have absolutely lost touch with the America around them. National media outlets that are filled with political operatives masquerading as journalists are trying to explain to a disinterested public that Trump is absolutely going down. Politicians tell citizens that it doesn’t matter that things are better under Trump because he is a Bad Man and must be stopped before he does more Bad Man things.

The clock has expired. The Democrats don’t have a case, they are risking pulling their presidential candidates off the trail in order to have a trial in the Senate, and they are making sure that their peers in tough purple districts risk their seats (and therefore the majority) or vote not to impeach Trump, making him look stronger than the Democratic Party.

Note that this isn’t about whether or not Trump is actually guilty of something impeachable. This is about whether or not the Democrats have made their case to the public. Looking at the public’s reaction, it doesn’t look like they have.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nancy Pelosi, in her news conference just said that this impeachment is not political after previously saying that the reason for acting for impeachment was because the polls had changed from a large majority against impeachment to about 50/50. She also said that she wasn't rushing into impeachment since the process has been going on for 2 1/2 years. Think about that.

Trump is also a coward about helping our kids and Dreamers (per Pelosi). Disingenuous $%#@.

Edited by 3rdnlng

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nobody has still answered the question: What is the President supposed to do if he suspects the previous Vice President extorted a foreign country for truly personal gain? 

Call up the president of another country and withhold aid, duh!

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And Tibs....I think your professor hero needs to google the definition of ‘Baron’. In modern era it refers to a captain of industry!  Nothing at all to do with your father considering himself a King.  (And even in the original English...a Baron is the LOWEST level of nobility.) That professor is a partisan clown.

It was horrible that she did that and to her credit, she apologized for it. 

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

... It was horrible that she did that and to her credit, she apologized for it. 

that was an apology. :lol:

your a *****. i'm sorry i called you a ***** but your still a *****. idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Call up the president of another country and withhold aid, duh!

Fine lawyer you must be, ignoring the fact that Trump asked for help in investigating Ukraine's interference in the 2016 election and Crowdstrike. Per the transcript of the call, 500 words later he asked Zelensky to look into the Biden's possible corruption after it was brought up by Zelensky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In Illinois, 1 person in the smallest elected state district, MIke Madigan, controls the entire State legislative agenda and he has for decades.  He's a despicable person and doesn't even attempt to hide his dirty and highly partisan ways and his thirst for power.  Nancy Pelosi is the same for the Country.  The House is run by San Francisco where the worst of political views thrive.  She's a rotten American.  What I wish for her I cannot write. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

First you have to buy her books.

19 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You're

Any pedophile sources to quote today Foxx?

you're incredulous. the only tort you have to my impeaching your statement about Karlan making an apology is to resort to grammar police?

then in an attempt to slam me, you try to imply something about my quoting pedophile sources. what the ***** are you going on about here?

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you're incredulous. the only tort you have to my impeaching your statement about Karlan making an apology is to resort to grammar police?

then in an attempt to slam me, you try to imply something about my quoting pedophile sources. what the ***** are you going on about here?

He's broken. His mind is addled. 

It is known. 

Image result for it is known gif

• Like (+1) 1