The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

It looks like what it is, a political show trial by a bunch of frustrated, angry apparatchiks who don’t have much of anything solid to work with.

And, seen on Facebook: “It’s like Watergate, but with morons.”

Turley: Under Democrats’ ‘Abuse of Power’ Standard, Obama Could Have Been Impeached. 

REP. MATT GAETZ (R-FL) JUST BROUGHT A BLOW TORCH TO THE IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS AND SET A GLORIOUS BONFIRE: “‘To all of the witnesses: if you have personal knowledge of a single material fact in the Schiff report, please raise your hand.’ *silence*”

Related: Nothing’s more convincing than liberal professors yelling at you.

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, jrober38 said:

He abused the power of his office to extort a foreign ally at war with an adversary to dig up dirt on a political rival at home that would benefit his reelection campaign. 

The executive conducting foreign policy in ways that comply with our existing treaties is now impeachable.

Reap the whirlwind, stupid. 

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I was going to post the other day, when I heard that Jonathan Turley was going to appear, that he's an excellent and balanced law prof and that they made a mistake inviting him. 

i for one would have liked it had he been allowed to speak more. watching his body language yesterday, while others spoke was amusing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Turley confessed, “The use of military aid for a quid pro quo to investigate one’s political opponent, if proven, can be an impeachable offense.”

This was the Republican witness

Stabbing someone in the heart to kill them, if proven, can be a prosecutable offense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Turley acknowledged, “[Trump’s] call was anything but ‘perfect’ and his reference to the Bidens was highly inappropriate.”

So Sondland told two friends, and they told two friends, and they told two friends …… 

Edited by Gary M

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Looks like Nancy is going full steam ahead with impeachment...

"Today I am asking our chairman to proceed with articles of impeachment."

Thelma and Louise ain't got nuthin' on today's Democrats. 

Are they even the least bit conscious of the precedent they're setting?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

But not impeachable.

I have to be right, my print is larger.

Morning third, hope all is well with you

Turley also confessed, “The use of military aid for a quid pro quo to investigate one’s political opponent, if proven, can be an impeachable offense.”