The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

Just now, jrober38 said:

I own Black Rock mutual funds.

Am I tied to Ukraine?

Based on how hard you're trying to deny reality -- claiming that Ukraine did not interfere in the election ... maybe? 

;) 

But keep missing the point, your ignorance is a never ending font of hilarity :lol: 

https://ir.blackrock.com/board-of-directors

Nothing to see here.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Based on how hard you're trying to deny reality -- claiming that Ukraine did not interfere in the election ... maybe? 

;) 

But keep missing the point, your ignorance is a never ending font of hilarity :lol: 

They have $6.84 TRILLION under management.

They're one of the biggest mutual fund companies in the world.

Just now, jrober38 said:

They have $6.84 TRILLION under management.

They're one of the biggest mutual fund companies in the world.

More to your point, Schiff had <$15,000 invested with them, which is not "connected to" anything except by the most tenuous stretch of the imagination.

I have stronger connections to the mob.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

More to your point, Schiff had <$15,000 invested with them, which is not "connected to" anything except by the most tenuous stretch of the imagination.

I have stronger connections to the mob.

Exactly.

I have more than $15k invested in their products.

Millions of people can say the same thing.

34 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Literally every single diplomat that has testified over the past 4 days has said that it was US policy to help protect Ukraine from Russia, so that Russia couldn't expand its power and sphere of influence globally.

That's what their directives were, and they're all testifying that Guiliani, Trump's personal lawyer, was actively working to undermine the work they were doing. 

How much real tangible help did Ukraine receive between 2014 & 2017, compared to what they received since?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Exactly.

I have more than $15k invested in their products.

Millions of people can say the same thing.

But logically, then, I'm also responsible for the coup, since Schiff and I both have Bank of America accounts.  

Which is nice, since I've always wanted power.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

But logically, then, I'm also responsible for the coup, since Schiff and I both have Bank of America accounts.  

Which is nice, since I've always wanted power.

i'd rather you lead a Committee than Schiff or his co-horts

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump does.

How is it you know the answer to this question, and yet still have no idea why you're wrong about everything else?

Perhaps you should not believe what your overlords are telling you. Maybe you should cheque the facts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See above. 

NPCs going to believe this because they operate on emotion, not facts. 

It's a FACT, not speculation, that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election along with Russia and others. 

All one needs to do is look at Paul Manafort and it's inarguable. 

But they won't, because Jrober has already made up his mind ... or should I say, Jrober has already been programmed by his masters and won't get off it, no matter what facts are brought to light. 

Sad way to make your way through an information war.

In fairness to Jrober, I don't think he can help it.

He's reasonably intelligent, but he's hopelessly lost to his emotions, and he only has one speed, and that's full throttle. There is no measured or nuanced in between for him. It's one extreme or the other.

He comes to us from the BBMB, which I perused occasionally during the Whaley years. During that time I witnessed a good example of this tendency in his attitude toward EJ Manwell.

Jrober started off as the ultimate EJ fanboy. He maintained his devout allegiance for the longest time. This man loved him some EJ like Mitch McConnell loves him a big pile of blow. If you'd gone to kick EJ in the nuts you'd have hit jrober in the head.

Then one day, for no particular reason, he flipped 180° on a dime, and ran full steam ahead in the other direction. There was no gradual shift reflecting an opinion that changed over time as more information became available; just a split second flip.

From that point forward, Manwell was a Maybinesque bust, destined to suck out loud and disappoint fans on a level Bill Kristol could only dream of until the day, near at hand, when he would be mercifully dropped from the league. 

The point isn't his assessment of Manwell. We've all been fanboys of someone who didn't work out (except maybe for DC Tom who likely identifies fanboys as idiots).

Rather, the point is how absolutely certain he is of everything he says, even when stating an argument that is diametrically opposed to the one he made 10 minutes ago.

If you have that tendency wrt a game that really has no greater significance beyond entertainment, imagine how that tendency will manifest when you think the fate of the Republic is at stake.

When you understand that, you can understand how an otherwise intelligent man can take conjecture as fact, and believe that investigating corruption is an impeachable offense if one of the guilty parties being investigated might end up throwing his hat in the ring for the Democrat nomination.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Rob's House said:

He's reasonably intelligent, but he's hopelessly lost to his emotions, and he only has one speed, and that's full throttle. There is no measured or nuanced in between for him. It's one extreme or the other.

He comes to us from the BBMB, which I perused occasionally during the Whaley years. During that time I witnessed a good example this tendency in his attitude toward EJ Manwell.

Jrober started off as the ultimate EJ fanboy. He maintained his devout allegiance for the longest time. This man loved him some EJ like Mitch McConnell loves him a big pile of blow. If you'd gone to kick EJ in the nuts you'd have hit jrober in the head.

Then one day, for no particular reason, he flipped 180° on a dime, and ran full steam ahead in the other direction. There was no gradual shift reflecting an opinion that changed over time as more information became available; just a split second flip.

From that point forward, Manwell was a Maybinesque bust, destined to suck out loud and disappoint fans on a level Bill Kristol could only dream of until the day, near at hand, when he would be mercifully dropped from the league. 

The point isn't his assessment of Manwell. We've all been fanboys of someone who didn't work out (except maybe for DC Tom who likely identifies fanboys as idiots).

Rather, the point is how absolutely certain he is of everything he says, even when stating an argument that is diametrically opposed to the one he made 10 minutes ago.

If you have that tendency wrt a game that really has no greater significance beyond entertainment, imagine how that tendency will manifest when you think the fate of the Republic is at stake.

When you understand that, you can understand how an otherwise intelligent man can take conjecture as fact, and believe that investigating corruption is an impeachable offense if one of the guilty parties being investigated might end up throwing his hat in the ring for the Democrat nomination.

a brilliant psychoanlytical Report

the BBMB didn't allow for any political/religious/NPC-rant views, which had its advantages.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

He comes to us from the BBMB, which I perused occasionally during the Whaley years. During that time I witnessed a good example this tendency in his attitude toward EJ Manwell.

I was never certain EJ would be good. 

My argument throughout the summer between his 1st and 2nd year was that the average QB improved quite substantially, and since EJ didn't have a terribly bad rookie season statistically, if he just did what the average QB did from year 1 to year 2, he'd be pretty good. The average QB improved their QB rating by something like 15 points. 

That didn't happen, and accordingly my opinion changed. 

Weeks 1-4 of his second season were the worst QB play we've seen from a starting Bills QB since JP Losman's first year. He was flat out horrible.

Otherwise your memory is relatively accurate. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I was never certain EJ would be good.

My argument throughout the summer between his 1st and 2nd year was that the average QB improved quite substantially, and since EJ didn't have a terribly bad rookie season, if he just did what the average QB did from year 1 to year 2, he'd be pretty good.

That didn't happen, and accordingly my opinion changed. 

Weeks 1-4 of his second season were the worst QB play we've seen from a starting Bills QB since JP Losman's first year. He was flat out horrible.

Otherwise your memory is relatively accurate. 

One thing we can always agree on, I would hope, is that being a Bills fan is hard work. I never have a problem with anyone buying into a player on the roster -- even if it's a long term losing effort. Being a fan(atic) means doing stuff like that, and hoping for the best. :beer: