The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Trump’s new “NO QUID PRO QUO” talking point is a trick

Trump claims a phone call with Sondland is evidence of his innocence. It might just be evidence he knew he got caught.

But an examination of the context surrounding Trump’s September 9 call with Sondland indicates that it’s not as exonerating as Trump would like people to believe.

“Getting caught is no defense”

The timeline is key. The call happened more than a week after then Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire informed the White House counsel about the existence of a whistleblower complaint detailing how Trump abused his power by trying to leverage the Ukrainians into doing political favors for him.

So, assuming word of the whistleblower’s complaint percolated up to the president, Trump’s call with Sondland came after he knew the jig was up. Indeed, that very same day, Michael Atkinson, inspector general for the intelligence community, notified the House Intelligence Committee of the whistleblower complaint and said he found that the accusations rose to the level of “urgent concern.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/20/20974641/trump-no-quid-pro-quo-sondland

This may be true, and even if it is (if I remember right) the whistleblower complaint had to do with withholding $$ from Ukraine. Isn’t that the abuse of power that was alleged?

Sondland was pretty clear that any alleged agreement was not connected to the aid, unless I missed something yesterday — which I may have sine I was working and only heard his opening statement. 

Other than “do me a favor”, has as anyone connected the flow of money to the investigations?  Because “do me a favor” isn’t really cutting it for me. 

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Trump’s new “NO QUID PRO QUO” talking point is a trick

Trump claims a phone call with Sondland is evidence of his innocence. It might just be evidence he knew he got caught.

But an examination of the context surrounding Trump’s September 9 call with Sondland indicates that it’s not as exonerating as Trump would like people to believe.

“Getting caught is no defense”

The timeline is key. The call happened more than a week after then Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire informed the White House counsel about the existence of a whistleblower complaint detailing how Trump abused his power by trying to leverage the Ukrainians into doing political favors for him.

So, assuming word of the whistleblower’s complaint percolated up to the president, Trump’s call with Sondland came after he knew the jig was up. Indeed, that very same day, Michael Atkinson, inspector general for the intelligence community, notified the House Intelligence Committee of the whistleblower complaint and said he found that the accusations rose to the level of “urgent concern.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/20/20974641/trump-no-quid-pro-quo-sondland

I’m sorry but I don’t buy this attempted ‘we got him’ line at all. There are tons of decisions made, things said,  etc by people in government every day. Those things are open to interpretation to literally hundreds of lawyers. Quite often, after a decision or comment is made, one of those lawyers will come in and say ‘you can’t do that by this or that statute’. (I was just in such a meeting YESTERDAY!) The officials then either say nevermind or look to explain the intent of their decision or comment. It doesn’t make them guilty of a crime and certainly isn’t grounds for termination. Next!

today's hearing of witnesses, Fiona Hill and David Holmes are currently the last publicly scheduled ones. does the Dem clown show then move to the Judiciary or will Schifty attempt to prolong this ***** show by bringing more witnesses testifying the same things in hopes of swaying public opinion?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

today's hearing of witnesses, Fiona Hill and David Holmes are currently the last publicly scheduled ones. does the Dem clown show then move to the Judiciary or will Schifty attempt to prolong this ***** show by bringing more witnesses testifying the same things in hopes of swaying public opinion?

They'll probably move quickly to vote to impeach Trump, so that everyone can talk about what happened over Thanksgiving dinner next week. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

They'll probably move quickly to vote to impeach Trump, so that everyone can talk about what happened over Thanksgiving dinner next week. 

so, you think this is the end of the Intelligence Committee portion of the dog and pony show. if it does indeed move to the Judiciary, they will have to submit Articles and vote upon them.

Just now, Foxx said:

so, you think this is the end of the Intelligence Committee portion of the dog and pony show. if it does indeed move to the Judiciary, they will have to submit Articles and vote upon them.

Yes. They have what they need. All the testimony has given them what they required to impeach him. 

It will be voted along party lines, and everyone will be talking about it next Thursday. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Yes. They have what they need. All the testimony has given them what they required to impeach him. 

It will be voted along party lines, and everyone will be talking about it next Thursday. 

this is the first Impeachment inquiry in history that has only been authorized by one party. i suspect it will also be the first to approve of articles of impeachment by only one party.

let me ask you with what i hope will be your honest reply. i'm sure you have seen and heard many sound bytes from Democrats where they are on record as saying they were going to impeach him way back in 2016. doesn't what is currently happening strike you, in any way as being purely partisan? 

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

this is the first Impeachment inquiry in history that has only been authorized by one party. i suspect it will also be the first to approve of articles of impeachment by only one party.

let me ask you with what i hope will be your honest reply. i'm sure you have seen and heard many sound bytes from Democrats where they are on record as saying they were going to impeach him way back in 2016. doesn't what is currently happening strike you, in any way as being purely partisan? 

Of course it's partisan.

That doesn't change any of the facts. 

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Of course it isnt, but with this precedent now set and when the tables ultimately turn to do the exact same thing to a Democrat president,  then and only then will it be partisan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

that it is a witchhunt of the highest order? no laws were broken and that the President was doing his job?

Laws were broken. 

Numerous Trump associates are in jail.

He was a co-conspirator to Michael Cohen who is sitting in a jail cell. 

Campaign finance laws were also broken in this Ukraine quid pro quo. 

Saying the President was doing his job by pressuring a foreign government to investigate a political opponent on something that has been debunked (Hill will testify that today) is not doing his job. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

that it is a witchhunt of the highest order? no laws were broken and that the President was doing his job?

I remember the last time the Dems did something significant that was xclusively on party line.

I'm sure this time it will have a better result. I'm just sure of it. If you like your impeachment, you can keep your impeachment! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Laws were broken. 

Saying the President was doing his job by pressuring a foreign government to investigate a political opponent on something that has been debunked (Hill will testify that today) is not doing his job. 

alright. i had hoped that you would have an honest discussion but i see that that is not going to happen. that or you are simply too dense and obtuse to have an honest discussion with.

have a great day.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

What no one on the left seems to realize, in their myopic rush, is that exactly like what they did with the nuclear option, this will backfire on them.

They have turned the Constitutional provision for removing a duly elected President into a political tool, doing so to overturn the results of a legitimate election; citing policy differences as crimes.

Just as the entire Federal Judiciary, including the SCOTUS, has been turned against them through their own short sightedness, so too will this be.

This is a weapon which will now be used against them, and will destroy the country in the process.  Impeachment proceedings will be the new order of the day every time the House majority is held by the opposition party of the President.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Foxx said:

alright. i had hoped that you would have an honest discussion but i see that that is not going to happen. that or you are simply too dense and obtuse to have an honest discussion with.

have a great day.

I'm too dense?

You're the one that just said no laws were broken.

I'm sure Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen would disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I remember the last time the Dems did something significant that was xclusively on party line.

I'm sure this time it will have a better result. I'm just sure of it. If you like your impeachment, you can keep your impeachment! :lol:

ya know... they probably have to pass Articles of Impeachment so they can read them to know what is within them.

:w00t:

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm too dense?

You're the one that just said no laws were broken.

I'm sure Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen would disagree. 

hello... the Russian Collusion has been disproved by the Mueller Report. 

wait... are you saying that this impeachment hearing is all about laws that were broken during that Russian Collusion that has been thoroughly disproved?

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Laws were broken. 

You're an idiot. You keep spouting the same rhetoric knowing full well that you're lieing your ass off. You don't give a Schiff about the country. Why are you defending those crooks is beyond me.