The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I think If Trump didn't push for an investigation on Hunter Bidden he wouldn't be watching out for the best interest of the country in my humble opinion Tiberius. 

He was only looking out for his own interests there. Trump does not care about corruption at all. The guys he was using to get dirt on Biden have been indicted and Rudy himself is in serious trouble. 

How many Trump associates are in jail or legal trouble? 

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Sinks in the swirling bowl?  Even if he was in the bowl which he is not he could never occupy a stop that you are already stuck in.  5 dollar word bonus at the cubicle farm for mentioning Acosta 100 times this week?

Acosta? You know that is all dirty right? The guy got a child predator off easy and Trump appointed him to the cabinet! That’s sick, don’t you agree? 

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think Nunes and co. are doing a great job representing Trump,

and he needs to chill...

I actually agree. To survive the impeachment, Nunes is holding the line with the right. But for the longer game 

(November 2020) it’s a disaster for Trump. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Figster said:

I think Nunes and co. are doing a great job representing Trump,

and he needs to chill...

Trump's need to chill for 30 years. He won't.  It's his shtick.  He wouldn't be Trump if he could shut the hell up.

It's why I disagree with your interpretation: Trump's behavior is consistent with the escalating frustration of a normal politician losing it.  But that's not a context that applies to Trump.  And in the context of "Trump," this behavior is just normal.  He's not nonplussed by this, he's just an overgrown adolescent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

With the economy booming and more people working, I don't think not being crazy would be enough to beat Trump in 2020. Especially with the pathetically weak field of democrats they have running.

Maybe not directly defeat him in the election, but defeat him by taking the Senate. A lot of people don't like Trump. More people now hate the Democrats because of their irrational resistance and insane policy proposals.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I actually agree. To survive the impeachment, Nunes is holding the line with the right. But for the longer game 

(November 2020) it’s a disaster for Trump. 

It is truly bizarre how the country lives in two completely different and inaccurate alternate realities right now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He was only looking out for his own interests there. Trump does not care about corruption at all. The guys he was using to get dirt on Biden have been indicted and Rudy himself is in serious trouble. 

How many Trump associates are in jail or legal trouble? 

How corrupt was the Russian collusion witch hunt?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally,

I think proving to the American people Trump is way out of line and off his rocker is more the plan in my humble opinion.

The Trump tweet of the ambassador yesterday for instance...

You keep forgetting that most people just don't care about what he says. Look at the 'p.ussy grabbing' video from before the 2016 election. It didn't move the needle. People know who Donald J. Trump is. Many don't like him and would probably vote for a rational alternative. There are none.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

How corrupt was the Russian collusion witch hunt?

You mean the lying and Stone walling by Trump or the crime itself of undermining our democracy? 

Stones conviction shows how the investigation was hampered by more crimes. 

11 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You keep forgetting that most people just don't care about what he says. Look at the 'p.ussy grabbing' video from before the 2016 election. It didn't move the needle. People know who Donald J. Trump is. Many don't like him and would probably vote for a rational alternative. There are none.

anyone who bothered to listen to the contents knew it was just men BS’ing 

taping it and using it to screw over a friend is a dirty lousy rat thing to do

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Trump's need to chill for 30 years. He won't.  It's his shtick.  He wouldn't be Trump if he could shut the hell up.

It's why I disagree with your interpretation: Trump's behavior is consistent with the escalating frustration of a normal politician losing it.  But that's not a context that applies to Trump.  And in the context of "Trump," this behavior is just normal.  He's not nonplussed by this, he's just an overgrown adolescent.

I agree with everything you say, Trumps behavior is consistent. Diplomacy need not apply.

I think a big reason why the country will stay divided until the Trump presidency is over IMO.

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You mean the tweet that defended his right to his act of firing her six months ago that was somehow perceived as "witness intimidation?"

Who's off their rocker again?

Obama fired W's ambassadors en masse back in 2008. No one said a word.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I agree with everything you say, Trumps behavior is consistent. Diplomacy need not apply.

I think a big reason why the country will stay divided until the Trump presidency is over IMO.

Honestly, the reasons for the divide are substantial, not surface. The left is totalitarian. The only abiding peace they permit is a cowed or absent opposition. Trump annoys progressives because he is immune to their intimidation and too rough a figure to feel the sort of attacks and coercive behavior that were effective for generations against standard GOP champions. He doesn't care that liberal elites think he is a bufoon, nor is he interested in the praise of academics and media talking heads. The folk, who are equally fed up and alienated, and know they're not stupid just because they disagree with leftist consensus aren't going to disappear when the Trump presidency is over.

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that’s the right of a new administration, should clean out all the legal hires as well

Yes, I agree, but when Trump does it to the snowflake in Ukraine the media cabal suggests it is perhaps an impeachable offense. Just pointing out the ludicrous and the hypocritical.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

There is no rational alternative to Trump. He’s just the best this country can do. ?

A racist man-child, who is completely incompetent, corrupt and beholden to Putin..h mmm. 

Pence could do a a better job, imo 

So could Hillary, and my cat. George, my goofy neighbor, too. Heck, @westside2 would be better 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Obama fired W's ambassadors en masse back in 2008. No one said a word.

And the US Attorneys. It's what incoming Presidents do. They routinely ask for the resignation of all incumbent US Attorneys. 

This practice goes back a long way on both sides of the aisle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

And the US Attorneys. It's what incoming Presidents do. They routinely ask for the resignation of all incumbent US Attorneys. 

This practice goes back a long way on both sides of the aisle. 

Yes, I know. Only when Trump does something precedent becomes a unique, treasonous event.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

There is no rational alternative to Trump. He’s just the best this country can do. ?

A racist man-child, who is completely incompetent, corrupt and beholden to Putin..h mmm.

If your description of Trump is true, then how pathetic are the Democrats that they just can't beat him?

• Haha (+1) 2