The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

38 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Reelect Trump and the stock market will go into freefall and we'll be at war on several fronts. It really won't matter though with the end of the world just around the corner.

Remarkable the constant inversion we are presented with isn't it? Liberal=anything but. Patriot Act? Is nothing about patriotism. Anything but and etc, etc..

• Like (+1) 1

"Under Obama, Ambassadors were coming home in body bags. Now everyone's upset because one got fired."

Damn. 

I'd feel bad but the Ambassador brought this comparison on herself when she brought up Amb Stevens and the men who died trying to protect him when 44 would not protect them.

Then I heard CNN's David Gregory tried the same gambit today -- saying the Republicans were outraged by what happened in Benghazi so how can they be shocked Democrats are outraged over the hurt feelings of the Ambassador today (paraphrased). 

What's different between those two events, Mr. Gregory? 

Partisans gonna partisan. Don't fall for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

So is today the day he gets impeached or do we have wait until next week when they bring forward more witnesses who never witnessed anything?

“”Sondland told Trump that (Ukrainian President Volodymyr) Zelensky ‘loves your ass,'” Holmes testified. “I then heard President Trump ask, ‘So, he’s gonna do the investigation?’ Ambassador Sondland replied that ‘he’s gonna do it,’ adding that President Zelensky will do ‘anything you ask him to.'”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/david-holmes-opening-statement-to-congress-directly-implicated-donald-trump-report/

• Thank you (+1) 1

It won't be too much longer until the democrat leadership realize they walked right into an operation. 

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

“”Sondland told Trump that (Ukrainian President Volodymyr) Zelensky ‘loves your ass,'” Holmes testified. “I then heard President Trump ask, ‘So, he’s gonna do the investigation?’ Ambassador Sondland replied that ‘he’s gonna do it,’ adding that President Zelensky will do ‘anything you ask him to.'”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/david-holmes-opening-statement-to-congress-directly-implicated-donald-trump-report/

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Alright. They got him now!

THIS time they've really got him!

No. Really. We mean it this time. This isn't like all the other times we had him but didn't have him. 

This time's the real deal.

Trump's going down! Third time this month!!! :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Alright. They got him now!

THIS time they've really got him!

No. Really. We mean it this time. This isn't like all the other times we had him but didn't have him. 

This time's the real deal.

Trump's going down! Third time this month!!! :lol:

Holmes also confirmed Taylor's testimony about the President's thoughts on Ukraine, saying he had asked Sondland "if it was true that the President did not 'give a s--- about Ukraine."

Holmes said Sondland had responded that Trump cares only about "big stuff." When Holmes said that the Ukraine war was big, Sondland responded, " 'Big stuff' that benefits the President, like the Biden investigation that Mr. Giuliani was pushing," Holmes said.

Holmes' testimony also explains that he was supposed to be in a meeting between Sondland and Andriy Yermak, a top aide to Zelensky. Holmes said he was supposed to be a note-taker for the meeting, but when he arrived he was told by an aide to Yermak that they wanted a one-on-one meeting with "no note-taker."

complete opening statement:    https://www.lawfareblog.com/opening-statement-david-holmes-impeachment-inquiry

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Under Obama, Ambassadors were coming home in body bags. Now everyone's upset because one got fired."

Damn. 

I'd feel bad but the Ambassador brought this comparison on herself when she brought up Amb Stevens and the men who died trying to protect him when 44 would not protect them.

Then I heard CNN's David Gregory tried the same gambit today -- saying the Republicans were outraged by what happened in Benghazi so how can they be shocked Democrats are outraged over the hurt feelings of the Ambassador today (paraphrased). 

What's different between those two events, Mr. Gregory? 

Partisans gonna partisan. Don't fall for it.

Well, if you remember with the Clinton impeachment hearing the Democrats were more upset about the floozy then the stain Bill put on the dress so there is that too. Partisan is gunna partisan and double standards are gunna double standard.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

Holmes also confirmed Taylor's testimony about the President's thoughts on Ukraine, saying he had asked Sondland "if it was true that the President did not 'give a s--- about Ukraine."

Holmes said Sondland had responded that Trump cares only about "big stuff." When Holmes said that the Ukraine war was big, Sondland responded, " 'Big stuff' that benefits the President, like the Biden investigation that Mr. Giuliani was pushing," Holmes said.

Holmes' testimony also explains that he was supposed to be in a meeting between Sondland and Andriy Yermak, a top aide to Zelensky. Holmes said he was supposed to be a note-taker for the meeting, but when he arrived he was told by an aide to Yermak that they wanted a one-on-one meeting with "no note-taker."

complete opening statement:    https://www.lawfareblog.com/opening-statement-david-holmes-impeachment-inquiry

Lawfare is the heart of the resistance. Never forget that when sourcing them. 

(Not saying this is not his statement at all, and thank you for sharing it :beer: )

I was hesitant to call this whole fiasco a set up, by the Trump team, for the last two months but now it's harder than ever not to see certain tell tale signs of a counter-intel operation unfolding. Specifically a mole hunt. Consider the sequence of events: 

* The (second) call came on July 25th call, that day Vindman (from DC) calls Kent and tells him his concerns (violating classification protocols) after hearing Trump use specific buzz words like CrowdStrike and Biden.

* The very next day, Kent calls Yovanovitch and brings her up to speed, assuring the fears would spread within her department/office (as well as to various NGOs on the ground in the Ukraine who have ears there). 

* That SAME day, Sondland invites a junior diplomat to lunch -- and then takes a call from Trump which he allows him to overhear. And that call specifically highlights the very same buzz words that motivated Vindman. 

Now, step back and recall when that July 25th call happened in terms of the bigger picture. It took place the day immediately following the Mueller cloud clearing from over Trump's head... It's been asked, why would Trump do this so soon after Mueller many times by both sides. And it's a valid question. Certainly you could chalk it up to his hubris/egomania -- but there's another possibility. 

Just because Mueller's probe was done -- which meant the surveillance attached to it was also done -- doesn't mean the rats, moles, and others who worked with the coup plotters had been cleared out of the White House, NSC, and other positions of import. So what do you do?

You smoke them out. 

Trump makes a call -- lays some bait knowing that there's a leak/snitch on the NSC (Vindman). Meanwhile, Sondland gathers the suspected leakers on the ground in Ukraine and let's them hear a call with Trump reinforcing all the same trigger words which motivated Vindman. 

Then you sit back and watch what happens. 

You have certain people under surveillance already (cough - Schiff) and thus are able to watch as they take secret meetings and plot their moves for a month before letting the world know about a "whistle blower". The rats expose themselves, come to testify to take down the president -- and get blown up instead because the entire playbook is known ahead of time due to this counter-intel op.  

In the end, they walked the dems right into an agenda/ploy which ultimately helps Trump going into the election and cleans out more riff raff at State and on the NSC. 

Image result for mulder thinking gif

Can't prove any of that, not stating it's fact or anything like that -- consider it Friday night speculation. But there's some teeth to this, I can feel it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Well, if you remember with the Clinton impeachment hearing the Democrats were more upset about the floozy then the stain Bill put on the dress so there is that too. Partisan is gunna partisan and double standards are gunna double standard.

100% I'm under no illusion that there aren't partisans on both sides of the aisle -- today and yesterday. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Then let me ask you, since you automatically assume Biden corruptly acted with his son, do you see anything fishy about Trump appointing Acosta? You know what Acosta did and why he had to resign. 

Do you? 

^This is why Tibs is worth keeping around. He is our own personal illustration of fraudulent left-wing media tactics. And we don't even have to pay him.

Here he demonstrates the classic change of subject tactic with a failed attempt to work in a twist of what the left likes to call "whataboutism."

Tibs doesn't realize that what they call a "whataboutism" is usually an accurate example that illustrates a disingenuous double standard. That does not exist in his post. 

This is just a desperate measure to avoid admitting humiliating defeat. And this is what we'll see across mass media over the next week.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

^This is why Tibs is worth keeping around. He is our own personal illustration of fraudulent left-wing media tactics. And we don't even have to pay him.

Here he demonstrates the classic change of subject tactic with a failed attempt to work in a twist of what the left likes to call "whataboutism."

Tibs doesn't realize that what they call a "whataboutism" is usually an accurate example that illustrates a disingenuous double standard. That does not exist in his post. 

This is just a desperate measure to avoid admitting humiliating defeat. And this is what we'll see across mass media over the next week.

I don’t get it, isn’t Acosta no longer employed because of his ties to the “suicide killer”?

Maybe I’m the doughnut. Enlighten me?

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I don’t get it, isn’t Acosta no longer employed because of his ties to the “suicide killer”?

Maybe I’m the doughnut. Enlighten me?

It doesn't have anything to do with anything. It's the equivalent of Johnny Cochran telling the jury "look at the little monkey" at the conclusion of the Chewbacca defense.