[Name Only Title] Leslie frazer

38 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Allowing Cleveland to MARCH down the field to start the game and end the game is a complete failure on his part 

Not scoring more than 14 points against a a badly coached team is the bigger failure I think. Look at the last offensive drive. 

They were held to 19 points. That's good enough to win.

A team with Mayfield,  Beckham, Landry and chubb can always lead scoring drives. 

Some legitimacy to this thread. Though I think he has earned the right to have a we are always looking for ways to get better type of response. This D can be better by getting more turnovers and getting to the QB. But this is still a pretty good defense and not the primary concern. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Not scoring more than 14 points against a a badly coached team is the bigger failure I think. Look at the last offensive drive. 

They were held to 19 points. That's good enough to win.

A team with Mayfield,  Beckham, Landry and chubb can always lead scoring drives. 

It's also much easier to march down the field at the end of games because you have four downs and defenses tend to be tired. It's why the ends of NFL games are so exciting. 

40 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

leslie frazier is not the problem with this team or defense.

....three 200 yd surrenders last year were a bit of a concern here......a bit puzzling of late to see how we get gashed in the 1st quarter+ and then he adjusts for the 2nd to stop the bleeding...a bit strange that Frazier's Run D comes out soft in Q1 (lately) and Daboll comes out lethargic in Q3 (usually)..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

This guy should not be allowed to call the defensive plays again.  Everyone is talking about the run defense but don't  talk about how this dummy is doing when it comes to his defensive line getting sacks.  2 sacks against the browns who can't protect Mayfield this year.  Leslie Frazier is another McDermott failure that has cost this team time and time again.  If shawn did not call the defensive plays in the second half of the charger game last year I believe he would not be the coach right now.

I love the whole “fire the coordinator” mentality of some Bills fans.  Fire the defensive coordinator while the offense struggles to score 20 points.  Sounds about right...

Defense isn't the biggest problem right now, but it also isn't good enough.

Why is rush defense still an issue?

Why can't the pass rush get to the opposing QB?  Sacks, turnovers?  No and no.

Frazier is a conservative, old school DC.  Not much in the way of creative, disguised blitzes or stunts.  Doesn't exploit any weakness in the opposing o-line.

He also believes in the prevent defense and ran it in the 4th quarter against the Browns.  10 yard chunks soon add up to the opposing offense covering the length of field they need to score.

The best thing he does is disguised coverages...great.  We can only hope Frazier gets a HC offer from another team.  Otherwise, he's back next year, unfortunately.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.