Tasker Still Has Us 11-5

billsfan_34

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Tasker is either totally off his rocker or so embedded that he is scared to say what is really going on. On One Bills Live today he painted a picture of how great everything is in the building and truly believes we will go 11-5! I see 9-7 or 10-6 at best- and even that is iffy after what we have seen this season. Who else thinks 11-5 is a pipe dream?

9-7 looks like a pipe dream at this point.  I'd be happy with 8-8.  I feel a total collapse is about to happen.  We are moving into the stronger part of the schedule and have shown no signs of growth on offense.  With the defensive weakness' now fully exposed, it's going to be hard for them to really dominate like they did early on.  I believe its lack of personnel on the defensive side, especially on the Dline.  No real run stopper and no real pass rusher.  Buffalo has been getting killed with the same screens and runs to the right side of the line.  Wallace has been abused for several weeks now, and a clear weakness in the secondary.

Offensively, there is no growth thus far.  It's the same product week after week.  It's actually regressed.  Execution is the main problem, or should I say lack thereof.

8-8 looks about right, 9-7 if the stars align.

If we can get the Steelers, 10-6 looks ok.  9-7 looks even more realistic.  

However, if we get 10-6....We can be King Schitt of Turd Island.  I guess that's better than where we usually are and get us in the wildcard. 

Edited by Lv-Bills

10 minutes ago, Questionable said:

9-7 looks like a pipe dream at this point.  I'd be happy with 8-8.  I feel a total collapse is about to happen.  We are moving into the stronger part of the schedule and have shown no signs of growth on offense.  With the defensive weakness' now fully exposed, it's going to be hard for them to really dominate like they did early on.  I believe its lack of personnel on the defensive side, especially on the Dline.  No real run stopper and no real pass rusher.  Buffalo has been getting killed with the same screens and runs to the right side of the line.  Wallace has been abused for several weeks now, and a clear weakness in the secondary.

Offensively, there is no growth thus far.  It's the same product week after week.  It's actually regressed.  Execution is the main problem, or should I say lack thereof.

8-8 looks about right, 9-7 if the stars align.

8-8 has us beating who? Miami and Jets? No to Denver?

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

8-8 has us beating who? Miami and Jets? No to Denver?

Denver and Jets, and that's asking for much at this point.  We are going to lose in Miami this week.  Going down into the heat against a team on a roll, looking for revenge in a game they should have won.  I don't think we come out with a win there.  Fitz will be ready.

Denver will be at home and I believe we will have enough at home to win a sloppy game.  Jets at home last game.  Again, I believe we will have enough at home to beat them.  I'm chalking up Cowboys, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins all as losses.

4 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

I have a feeling (and I don't know why) that they are going to win a game we don't expect them to win...like when we went into Minnesota last year and won.

I have that feeling too.

I also have the feeling they’ll lose one of the games everybody thinks they’ll win (Miami, Denver or the Jets.)

I think all of the “we have to win X games because we are going to lose Y games” arguments are ridiculous. 

all you have to do is look at all of the scores this past week to find out why. Many teams that weren’t supposed to win ended up winning.

we can win or lose any of these games. Some just have better chances than others.

10 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Mcdermott has had 3 years to fix our defense

3 years later we have no pass rushers. no run stoppers. a mediocre LB group and 2 good DB's. Some of this is also on Beane. this whole "process" thing looks to be sinking 

sure our defense has deficiencies,  but we are at least 8-1 with this defense if we had an offense. I think if you wanna look to where the process failed it’s the offense, but you can’t fault them for trying (in terms of how many pieces were brought in to attempt to make the offense more productive). As much as I hate to say it, it starts with QB & OC, whichever you wanna blame the most 

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Tasker is either totally off his rocker or so embedded that he is scared to say what is really going on. On One Bills Live today he painted a picture of how great everything is in the building and truly believes we will go 11-5! I see 9-7 or 10-6 at best- and even that is iffy after what we have seen this season. Who else thinks 11-5 is a pipe dream?

i choose A

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

sure our defense has deficiencies,  but we are at least 8-1 with this defense if we had an offense. I think if you wanna look to where the process failed it’s the offense, but you can’t fault them for trying (in terms of how many pieces were brought in to attempt to make the offense more productive). As much as I hate to say it, it starts with QB & OC, whichever you wanna blame the most 

I didn't even begin to talk about the offense. you are right its poor 

It’s funny. What did Kyle say from NFL Films? Any time you’re trying to predict week to week in the NFL is a ‘fools errand’. You hit certain teams when they’re hot and certain teams when they’re cold (ie: see MN last year). 

The Bills are a 6-3 team with a stout D. Ten is possible, maybe more. It all depends on how they handle their own business week to week and the same goes for the opposition. Plus 46 other factors. I’ll let everyone guess who those are. ? 

1 hour ago, Questionable said:

Denver and Jets, and that's asking for much at this point.  We are going to lose in Miami this week.  Going down into the heat against a team on a roll, looking for revenge in a game they should have won.  I don't think we come out with a win there.  Fitz will be ready.

Denver will be at home and I believe we will have enough at home to win a sloppy game.  Jets at home last game.  Again, I believe we will have enough at home to beat them.  I'm chalking up Cowboys, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins all as losses.

I hear your logic- I hope were focused, get our stuff together and get a W this week!

• Like (+1) 1

Well, usually we are 4-5 at this point of the year and trying really, really hard to figure how we get to 9-7 or 10-6 for a possible playoff birth. 

It's much easier to think how we go 4-3 over the next 7 games than 6-1 (or 5-2 for a chance).

If we can't beat the Dolphins, Broncos, Jets and one of the other 4 we don't belong in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

I have a feeling (and I don't know why) that they are going to win a game we don't expect them to win...like when we went into Minnesota last year and won.

All depends which Josh shows up, and it starts this week with Miami.