Buccaneers waived CB Vernon Hargreaves

Mopreme

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

While Beane gets the players he gets the groceries in accordance with the HC recipe.  that is why I wont marry these too together.

When he is being coached away from that ability that they drafted it becomes concerning.  1. Either the QB cant handle what they are trying to do or 2. The Coaching staff is trying to put him in a box he doesnt fit.

I think the coaching staff IS trying to coach him different.....one of the big critism of him last year

Run too much

Not being a QB often enough

Now his runs are way down and his throws from the pocket are way up....they are trying to change his game.   He has the tools to do it because his short to intermediate game has improved this year.   Deep throws are crap (although I still maintain that McKenzie could have had that deep shot and pulled up and didnt go get it.....and last week Josh threw one that Robert Foster didnt track correctly....but he deep throw has not been there.

People cant have it both ways....do we want Josh to stand in the pocket and make throws....or do we want him to play hero ball?

6 and 3....the sky is def not falling

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

While Beane gets the players he gets the groceries in accordance with the HC recipe.  that is why I wont marry these too together.

When he is being coached away from that ability that they drafted it becomes concerning.  1. Either the QB cant handle what they are trying to do or 2. The Coaching staff is trying to put him in a box he doesnt fit.  He has alot of the no good enough discussions with TT and I fear we are going to be there with Allen as well

But from every impression I have ever had of the 2, it's not really like that cause Beane is on the same page as McD and they are both looking for the same things and have the same beliefs/philosophys.

I don't think that it wasnt designed that the Bills were going to get both guys out of the same organisation , I think that's what they wanted and why they planned it, but there may have been contractual issues as to why they didn't hire both at the same time.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the coaching staff IS trying to coach him different.....one of the big critism of him last year

Run too much

Not being a QB often enough

Now his runs are way down and his throws from the pocket are way up....they are trying to change his game.   He has the tools to do it because his short to intermediate game has improved this year.   Deep throws are crap (although I still maintain that McKenzie could have had that deep shot and pulled up and didnt go get it.....and last week Josh threw one that Robert Foster didnt track correctly....but he deep throw has not been there.

People cant have it both ways....do we want Josh to stand in the pocket and make throws....or do we want him to play hero ball?

6 and 3....the sky is def not falling

I want him to be a QB.  That comes with Hero Ball.  It also comes with no having predetermined throws ala EJ Manual.  or Ultra Safe shots (Josh as said Miss long over and over again because it is coached NOT to underthrow for a PICK could happen.)

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

But from every impression I have ever had of the 2, it's not really like that cause Beane is on the same page as McD and they are both looking for the same things and have the same beliefs/philosophys.

I don't think that it wasnt designed that the Bills were going to get both guys out of the same organisation , I think that's what they wanted and why they planned it, but there may have been contractual issues as to why they didn't hire both at the same time.

They do, but if that is because Beane really thinks that way or is that because Beane understands the GM roll is to get the best player that fits the vision of the HC (this we may Never know unless Beane outlasts McD).  

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

If you pick him up via waivers, aren't you on the hook for the fifth-year commitment because you're basically picking up the contract? I'm not sure, but there is a contractual obligation to pay him that $9+ million, right? If so, he's not going to be picked via waivers by anyone. Do you know the answer to that?

I live in the Tampa area and the article they released down here says released, not waived. Unsure of the difference though.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2019/11/12/buccaneers-release-former-1st-rounder-vernon-hargreaves

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

I live in the Tampa area and the article they released down here says released, not waived. Unsure of the difference though.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2019/11/12/buccaneers-release-former-1st-rounder-vernon-hargreaves

No Difference.  All players enter waivers after Trade Deadline

4 hours ago, Luka said:

The Bills should definitely have a claim in, just like they should have for Josh. Worries me that Beane has started to sit back and not do anything. This roster is far from complete.

When the seasons more than half over, GMs pretty much sit back.  Quality players out there have been picked over cleanly by than and those being cut at that point are invariably problematic and released for a good reason. 

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Not sure this is correct.  Pretty sure the 5th year option is guaranteed- except for injury where insurance picks up the cost.

I am pretty sure if he does not clear waivers - he is claimed - the new team is on the hook for the rest of this year and 9 million next year.  

If he clears waivers then he can be signed to a new contract and will still get either an additional 9 million from Tampa or if he has offsets - the rest of the money to match 9 million from Tampa.

I think he is going to clear waivers and then sign with a contender like Seattle, KC, or another top team for the rest of the year.

5th year options are only guaranteed for INJ. And was the main reason used to Justify not picking up Watkins. 

so again zero risk. Only this years deal unless he gets hurt and doesn’t pass your physical before camp. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

5th year options are only guaranteed for INJ. And was the main reason used to Justify not picking up Watkins. 

so again zero risk. Only this years deal unless he gets hurt and doesn’t pass your physical before camp. 

Got it - you are correct - Sorry - misread it.

10 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Great... so we passed him up. We were in front of the Texans in waiver order. Disappointing 

Why is it disappointing? He just got cut in the middle of the season.

9 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

First round talent who could use a change of scenery and a good culture. He was a can't miss talent in the draft.

Lol.....he was so can’t miss that the Giants selected Eli Apple and passed on him.  Apple had a late first rd grade according to most

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

First round talent who could use a change of scenery and a good culture. He was a can't miss talent in the draft.

Culture > Talent. Just look at what's going on in the locker rooms of Philly & Cleveland

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1