Bengals release Preston Brown

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Got a 3rd and a WR for Darby (lesser player by alot)

He would have easily gotten a 1st.  But again just the short sightedness of McD

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/trade_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&pos[]=cb&draft_pick_min=1&draft_pick_max=256&order_by=trans_date

I love when fans just assume the value of a player like they have any idea what they are talking about. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I love when fans just assume the value of a player like they have any idea what they are talking about. 

So prove to me I am wrong on my value of Gilmore.  I love when fans question other fans knowledge when they cannot back it up

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So prove to me I am wrong on my value of Gilmore.  I love when fans question other fans knowledge when they cannot back it up

You mean Darby? Nice.

Prove you are right. Prove the bills could have gotten a 1st for Darby. If you can, you will have every right to call them short sighted. Until then, you are just talking out of your ass.

• Like (+1) 1

You mean Darby? Nice.

Prove you are right. Prove the bills could have gotten a 1st for Darby. If you can, you will have every right to call them short sighted. Until then, you are just talking out of your ass.

I am talking Gilmore.  Reading Comprehension is Vital to success.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t want him starting but he’s cheap depth to the LB core, they know when and where to play him based on his skill set, and he knows the D. I wouldn’t complain if they claimed him. 

This is my thought on the situation as well. Our LB depth is weak and he knows the defense already. Bring him back at least for the rest of this season. 

Ohhhhhhh.  You were saying Darby is the lesser player.  I got you. 

Wait, are you suggesting we would have gotten a 1st for Gilmore on just the tag? 

If we would have tagged and Traded Gilmore instead of letting him walk we would have gotten at least a 1st.  probably more.  But the Short Sighted McD let him walk for nothing (even though they knew they were blowing it up)

Just now, MAJBobby said:

If we would have tagged and Traded Gilmore instead of letting him walk we would have gotten at least a 1st.  probably more.  But the Short Sighted McD let him walk for nothing (even though they knew they were blowing it up)

Yeah, that's wrong too. But, we could have probably gotten something for him, so its not as crazy as what I thought you were saying. 

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He talked some crap about Buffalo after he left if I'm not mistaken

Yeah, if Buffalo had given him the contract Cincy did then that would have never happened. I'm sure he'd be glad to collect one here again if we claimed him for the rest of the season. 

Yeah, that's wrong too. But, we could have probably gotten something for him, so its not as crazy as what I thought you were saying. 

We would have gotten at least a 1st.

When Vonte Davis - 2nd

Revis - 1st, 4th

Peters 2nd , 4th

Recently Ramsey 1st, 1st, 4th

Conley 3rd

So in 2017 Bills could have easily gotten what Revis got in 2013 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We would have gotten at least a 1st.

When Vonte Davis - 2nd

Revis - 1st, 4th

Peters 2nd , 4th

Recently Ramsey 1st, 1st, 4th

Conley 3rd

So in 2017 Bills could have easily gotten what Revis got in 2013 

Those aren't comparable. I am pretty sure those players all had time left on their deals, except for maybe Revis.  Like, Davis still had two years on his rookie deal. 

Besides that, Gilmore wasn't universally considered the best CB in the league when he was here. He was, at best, above average.  

He would have been worth something, but there is no basis to believe it would have been a 1st. 

38 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Look at what CBs have been traded we would have gotten Multiple Picks for Gilmore to include at least one 1st.

It is.  Brown is better than Julian Stanford and Corey Thomson so yep it would be an upgrade

Well, no he's not actually.

• Like (+1) 1

Those aren't comparable. I am pretty sure those players all had time left on their deals, except for maybe Revis.  Like, Davis still had two years on his rookie deal. 

Besides that, Gilmore wasn't universally considered the best CB in the league when he was here. He was, at best, above average.  

He would have been worth something, but there is no basis to believe it would have been a 1st. 

Only by Bills fans.  and that should have been evident the minute he hit UFA he was signed by Patriots at 15M a year.  a Tag and Trade would have brought what Revis did in 2013,  he would have brought at least a 1st and 4th.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Well, no he's not actually.

What has Julian Stanford or Corey Thompson DONE that says they are better than Brown other than being Bills?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Only by Bills fans.  and that should have been evident the minute he hit UFA he was signed by Patriots at 15M a year.  a Tag and Trade would have brought what Revis did in 2013,  he would have brought at least a 1st and 4th.

What has Julian Stanford or Corey Thompson DONE that says they are better than Brown other than being Bills?

What has Brown done to say he's better than the backups we have.  You have your opinion, I have mine.  Quit pretending yours is the be all and end all.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

What has Brown done to say he's better than the backups we have.  You have your opinion, I have mine.  Quit pretending yours is the be all and end all.

Started in this league So yeah that is something that our Backups HAVENT done.  I am backing up my point, not saying my opinion is the be all end all.  Should try it sometime

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He made one pro bowl while on the Bills.  You really think that creates Revis level value? 

He made one pro bowl while on the Bills.  You really think that creates Revis level value? 

Revise 2013 value in 2017 absolutely it does.  Am I here saying multiple 1sts and more like Ramsey?  Nope I am using a 2013 value on a CB that was 28 and in a contract dispute to set the mark for a CB that was 26

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Started in this league So yeah that is something that our Backups HAVENT done.  I am backing up my point, not saying my opinion is the be all end all.  Should try it sometime

I'll back mine up.  Brown makes a ton of tackles but he makes them after the runner has made 5 yards if not more.  And he's a liability in pass coverage.  So he doesn't help us.