Bengals release Preston Brown

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

True McD's only willing to improve the roster if the player fits their "Process", "DNA" and "Family man" view of players

Poor work ethic at football. What does that have to do with him not being a family man. I’m not talking about him not completing his honey do list. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

No. Just no. 

It's not a long-term solution.  They need to draft or sign a thumper this offseason and move Edmunds outside.  But in the meantime they've run out of sacks and turnovers and the lack of a pass rush is the biggest reason.  And they're getting gashed in the run game, anyway.  

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Good run stopper.  Liability in pass coverage. 

Dont need any of those right now ;) 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Poor work ethic at football. What does that have to do with him not being a family man. I’m not talking about him not completing his honey do list. 

Change of Scenery.  Low Risk High Reward claim.  

I know they wont do it though and just shows that their claim of always looking for improvement is limited as well

Just now, Virgil said:

Preston was the weaker of the two browns.  We didn’t even try to match their one year offer of 4 mil, if that tells you what we thought of him 

We also let an Elite CB go for nothing so what does that tell you?

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It's not a long-term solution.  They need to draft or sign a thumper this offseason and move Edmunds outside.  But in the meantime they've run out of sacks and turnovers and the lack of a pass rush is the biggest reason.  And they're getting gashed in the run game, anyway.  

Edmunds is the lynchpin of the pass defense and far from the problem in the rush defense. Edmunds is never going to move; you guys need to let it go. 

Brown can't out-work or out-play second string guys on a winless team yet people want him here. Right.

Hargreaves has only ever played one full season, his rookie year. Played in 9 games in 2017 and all of one game in 2018. So, he's got an injury history and he's not very good but somehow he's an instant upgrade over Levi Wallace who, like any DB, has had some struggles in the last two games, but overall has been very solid and surely better than Hargreaves considering he's still employed and Hargreaves isn't. But yeah, let's get that guy in here cause, you know, people have heard of him.

There isn't an eye roll gif big enough for this caca.

Edited by blacklabel

Just now, Virgil said:

15 mil a year was hardly nothing 

Did we pay 15M a year?  Nope we should have Tagged and Traded, that is what a GOOD SMART Front Office would have done.  We were selling out talent that year, why would you let on walk for NOTHING?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Did we pay 15M a year?  Nope we should have Tagged and Traded, that is what a GOOD SMART Front Office would have done.  We were selling out talent that year, why would you let on walk for NOTHING?

Well, that’s assuming someone would give something up for him, knowing they also have to sign him.  

It would have taken the Pats out of the equation immediately, as I doubt we were trading him within our division.  

But I agree with your point. He was the first player to sign in FA, if I remember correctly.  We pry could have gotten something for him. 

Just now, Virgil said:

Well, that’s assuming someone would give something up for him, knowing they also have to sign him.  

It would have taken the Pats out of the equation immediately, as I doubt we were trading him within our division.  

But I agree with your point. He was the first player to sign in FA, if I remember correctly.  We pry could have gotten something for him. 

Look at what CBs have been traded we would have gotten Multiple Picks for Gilmore to include at least one 1st.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

And here we go.  Any guy cut by another team must be an upgrade to a 6-3 team.  Makes a ton of sense.

It is.  Brown is better than Julian Stanford and Corey Thomson so yep it would be an upgrade

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Look at what CBs have been traded we would have gotten Multiple Picks for Gilmore to include at least one 1st.

I think that’s a recent thing honestly.  Trades weren’t going down like that a few years back. 

I doubt we would’ve gotten a first for him.  

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think that’s a recent thing honestly.  Trades weren’t going down like that a few years back. 

I doubt we would’ve gotten a first for him.  

Got a 3rd and a WR for Darby (lesser player by alot)

He would have easily gotten a 1st.  But again just the short sightedness of McD

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/trade_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2016&year_max=2019&pos[]=cb&draft_pick_min=1&draft_pick_max=256&order_by=trans_date

Edited by MAJBobby