10 decision coins: Josh Allen

rayray808

Is there someone I can give real life money to who can shut this kind of crap down? 

Here is my question:

You have barely enough functioning brain cells to muster up the ability to control your own drool. Your team is 6-3 with three fairly weak teams left on the schedule and one other team that has lost their starting quarterback. You lose a game where your very young, very talented but still raw QB played a so-so game where he scored twice, had no turnovers and generated enough offense to win a road game if your kicker wasn't eligible for senior citizen discounts.  Should you: A) Give up on the season and your QB and plan to tank the rest of this year and several more years hoping to eventually find a "franchise QB" while in the meantime your solid defense wastes away?, or B) Go to your room, shut the door, grab your blanky and have a good long cry and don't come out until you have pulled yourself together?

Hint: the correct answer is B.

Edited by Mickey

1 hour ago, Mango said:

We have a choice. I would take a run at Dalton for 2 years 25M-ish total contract. Put some resources into better OT play and a WR too. If Josh looks the same next year as he does this year I pull the trigger sometime between week 4-6. Dalton starts for 1.5 years. You take a QB 2021 to sit. The regime cannot afford to whiff without an immediate replacement plan in 2020/2021.

Why would you dump all the money at Dalton and not continue to develop Allen and invest the money in a number one WR a stud OL

If you are not seeing development then your jaded and irs pretty clear your expectations are out of line w reality for Allen.  The team Is farther along and Allen is right about where I thought he would be.  Let me guess you thought super bowl for the bills and Allen to be the MVP

20 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Why would you dump all the money at Dalton and not continue to develop Allen and invest the money in a number one WR a stud OL

If you are not seeing development then your jaded and irs pretty clear your expectations are out of line w reality for Allen.  The team Is farther along and Allen is right about where I thought he would be.  Let me guess you thought super bowl for the bills and Allen to be the MVP

Dump all that money into Dalton? We have tons of cap space next year, what did we clear out space for if not for spending it. 12M per year isn't a ton of space, even for a backup QB these days. Signing Dalton as an insurance policy is not mutually exclusive to signing a top flight receiver and tackle. We are looking at $90M in space. With the most expensive contracts coming due shortly of Tre, Milano, Nsehke, Jordan Phillips, Poyer. There is more than enough cash to do all of this. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am a bit confused by the OP's post (not his fault.....I am confused often)

but in a nutshell

- We drafted a QB that had a ridiculously high ceiling....but was a bit raw

- Anybody can see that they are trying to change Josh Allen's game a bit....less runs...more throws from the pocket....that takes time

- Last year he had NOTHING around him to work with......this offseason some was added.....but more is still needed

- I am all in on Josh.....

• Like (+1) 1

I wish I could scream from the rooftops for this entire board to hear that his arm strength is NOT ABOUT THE LONG BALL! HE HAS NEVER BEEN GOOD AT THE LONG BALL, EVEN IN COLLEGE. HIS ARM STRENGTH ALLOWS HIM TO THROW IT ON ROPES ALL OVER THE FIELD.

So many here seems to think arm strength is solely for deep go-routes and therefore Josh's arm strength is worthless.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, jletha said:

I wish I could scream from the rooftops for this entire board to hear that his arm strength is NOT ABOUT THE LONG BALL! HE HAS NEVER BEEN GOOD AT THE LONG BALL, EVEN IN COLLEGE. HIS ARM STRENGTH ALLOWS HIM TO THROW IT ON ROPES ALL OVER THE FIELD.

So many here seems to think arm strength is solely for deep go-routes and therefore Josh's arm strength is worthless.

Correct. It’s more important on all intermediate passes, deep crossers, and deep outs..... not go routes. Completing a pass that goes 60 yards in the air comes down to loft and the WR being able to track the ball. In contrast, throwing the ball on a rope is valuable for squeezing the ball in on a 15 yard dig. 

We need to bring in another QB this off-season. I'm not saying a guy to start, but I guy "just in case". Drafted rounds 3-6 Hopefully we ends up great in case Allen falters.  Like Minshew or something.  Other option is a better veteran backup.  Someone who should be starting in the league, like Bridgwater or something.  

I'd love to be in the situation the Jags are in next year.  Where Allen is the starter but our Rookie we took Is a great option too

So what are the values on these alleged coins? Are these all silver dollars? Are some of them 25 cents and others nickels?

That's an important part you left out.

I'll hang up and listen.

All ten on Allen, he may not be the one, but we won’t know unless we go big on offense, and that needs to include kicking BD in the asz a bunch of times to knock the guarantee back into place...

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, jletha said:

Excellent point, but to succeed as an NFL QB, you simply have to be able to complete long balls more than once every 16 games or so.

I will use my coins to buy magic beans.

or, I will save them for 3 seasons and figure out how to invest my 30 coins all at once 

or I will bury them in the back yard and wait for all you fools to spend your coins, then mine will be more valuable. 

Nevermind. All in on Allen. He will be good enough once the other pieces are in place.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agreed. I’ve come away from games with similar opinions of Wentz, definitely Rivers, Geoff, Ben, Rodgers, Stafford (I belive where josh can get to)  and probably all the other guys too. 

Josh has the tools to at least become an average to above average NFL starter and his arm is sick. It’s going to take some time, and the right coaching and some really good WR talent. Stop with this deep ball nonsense, spread the field and let him rifle fast balls sideline to sideline 0-20 yards downfield. 

McDermott seems the right guy to me.  I understand the feeling Daboll may not be. I’m getting there myself. 

I agree totally! Josh has an elite arm as far as strength and has shown plenty of touch and accuracy to warrant investment in his development. Yeah he has struggled with the deep ball but that will come. His strength is passing sideline to sideline and making a team pay when they ignore his mobility! He will get there! Are most fans willing to be patient enough to wait?

10 to the left for me. I believe the Bills haven't done nearly enough to help him out. I get so jealous watching the skill guys on other teams. We have to have one of the weakest groups in the league. Most of these highly drafted QBs have the physical and mental capabilities to do the job with the right situation. I question right now whether this is the right situation. I'm not sure Lamar Jackson is where is he now in this environment McBeane has created. Hopefully, they see the errors of their ways and rectify the situation. 

Time to start spending your coins??????

Paul-Rudd-WTF.gif

Dude.  Allen has this year and most of next year AT THE VERY LEAST.

If he's awful to end this year and moving into next year, I could see him getting benched midseason next year, but not before that.

And that's absolutely worst case scenario.

But he hasn't been awful.

So can we pump the brakes here.

This has been said time and time and time again, but Allen was a very raw prospect coming out of college.  His play through his first 20 games has exceeded expectations, if everyone's being honest.  If he's an absolute train wreck in these last 7 games, let's talk then, but even then he'll still start next season to begin the year.