How is Sean McDermott like Dick Jauron?

SoTier

Personally, I'm done with McD's dismissive tone when it comes to questions about the offense or personnel.  I don't think someone with the Mahomes / Watson decision, taking Zay over some of the other WRs on the board, giving JA the weapons he's gotten so far on their resume should be acting like they've got all the answers when it comes to that side of the ball.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Call him out for legit reasons such as mistakes with the clock or pulling back too much on the last drive yesterday, but to claim that he just doesn’t care about the offense at all and doesn’t hire well is simplistic and disingenuous, sorry. I’m also not aware that Jauron ever led the Bills to a winning record and/or playoff berth during his ignominious tenure here? 

This McDermott playoff birth narrative is getting worn thin.  That just might be the highlight of his Bills career.  Watching Dalton to Boyd on a TV in a locker room then taking a knee and praying to God for getting the playoff birth. 

7 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Easy answer- McD has no clue about offense just like Dicky J

That he didn't bring in an experienced QB coach to mentor Allen last season underscores that point.   You don't have to be a coaching genius to understand that if you draft a project QB who needs to fix a whole lot of passing issues, you better bring in somebody with more than one year of QB coaching experience thirty years ago.   If the issue was that the Bills already had a "QB coach" then do a little "organizational realignment".  If the issue was money -- that there wasn't money in the coaching budget to hire a good mentor -- then Beane is even more clueless than McDermott.   No excuses for the way Allen was just thrown out there as a rookie to sink or swim.

20 minutes ago, SoTier said:

That he didn't bring in an experienced QB coach to mentor Allen last season underscores that point.   You don't have to be a coaching genius to understand that if you draft a project QB who needs to fix a whole lot of passing issues, you better bring in somebody with more than one year of QB coaching experience thirty years ago.   If the issue was that the Bills already had a "QB coach" then do a little "organizational realignment".  If the issue was money -- that there wasn't money in the coaching budget to hire a good mentor -- then Beane is even more clueless than McDermott.   No excuses for the way Allen was just thrown out there as a rookie to sink or swim.

Valid points at its finest. Huge staffing errors for development of your number 1 asset. I am glad McD is now faced with a semi-media blitz and fan discouragement. Now it is time to see if he can handle the adversity- sink or swim time for clap master. His first order of business is to get Dabolls head out of his rear. I am not so sure that can happen. Eight total years of Daboll bein an OC and all offenses were bottom feeders.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that for being a younger, newer coach, McD acts like he came out of the 1980s with his style and philosophy.  One would think he would at least be able to look at the top three coaches (Carroll, Harbaugh, Belichick), notice their impressive tenure as coaches, and try to mimic their success.  It almost seems like McD looked at Jauron and said "yep, this guy had it right."  I don't think McD was ready to be a HC back in 2017 and I don't think he's ready now.

Some are never good HC’s but better suited as a coordinator.