Big announcement at NEF 11 am today

Hammered a Lot

40 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

So... Kinda like a Jacksonville Jaguars home game? Do we have tarps?

That he sold 150 million records, CD's, etc, (Wik) maybe I'm wrong and he'll draw more.

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

That he sold 150 million records, CD's, etc, (Wik) maybe I'm wrong and he'll draw more.

No.  Just making a Jags jokes.  You're right, he's legendary... But in BFLo... I agree, better served playing at Key Bank.  Yet, I take he likes playing outside... Probably get another 10-20k people.

22 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think it's also cause he is doing a big tour next year and is someone who could fill a football stadium for a show.

Surprised it's not Ed Sheeran or Taylor Swift though.......

My wife's half sister out west was trying to go see him this summer and couldn't get tickets locally, closest spot she could get to see him was about 8-12 hours away in another province. She posted online about it and how she couldn't get a hotel cause they were all booked, so a radio DJ in the city where he was playing saw it and said she could stay at her place and go to the show where they also got upgraded seats from the radio station.

Garth is in the second year of a three year stadium tour. He just announced a show in Detroit 

On 11/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, Hammered a Lot said:

Not for a player signing and not for playoff tickets information,  perhaps management not confident in this roster yet, but for a concert. Was hoping for Garth Brooks (Billy Joel) but rumor has it there will be more than one show at NEF this year. Garth would sell out, Billy I'm guessing 35 to 40,000 perhaps more considering if it's a weekend show.

I think he'll be lucky to get 20,000

• Like (+1) 1

When U2 came to the stadium, ticket sales were so low, they just threw more and more free tickets to radio stations to fill the stadium. I on the other hand, just waited till the day of the show, and got tickets for $20. Not that I'm a big U2 fan, but I had enough of an interest to pay $20 to see them.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, Just Jack said:

Club seat holders could buy club seats today. Since being on sale at 10am, I still see a lot of seats available in the club sections. 

7:30 am Thursday 20 club seats left, 4 seats left in the front floor sections. Wondering if they are holding back seats for Thursdays pre sale groups and Friday when everyone can buy tickets. They have  been promoting the show heavily in tv & radio. Has anyone seen any promotions in Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton etc? 

3 hours ago, Hammered a Lot said:

7:30 am Thursday 20 club seats left, 4 seats left in the front floor sections. Wondering if they are holding back seats for Thursdays pre sale groups and Friday when everyone can buy tickets. They have  been promoting the show heavily in tv & radio. Has anyone seen any promotions in Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton etc? 

They must have sold a lot in the past day. Tuesday night when I first looked, my entire section (238) was available. 

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

They must have sold a lot in the past day. Tuesday night when I first looked, my entire section (238) was available. 

Floor front sections were sold out now I see a row or 2 available so they must be holding back tickets. It will be interesting to see if any front floors are available on Friday. My ex brother in law was a manager ( Stevie Ray Vaughn, Cinderella & others) so I have a little knowledge of the ticket buying flow. He said WNY sells the first week than it drops off till the week of the show. 

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

Roughly $160/ticket for cheap seats for a Billy Joel stadium show. Late boomers have lotsa bucks or there is a paucity of entertainment options in WNY...or both.

Wait - if acts got a lot of money by coming to WNY, because there is a paucity of entertainment options, wouldn't they all come - so they can make a lot of money!  

36 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

$160? Saw some for $74 

I should clarify...those were in the lower bowl. Still shocking to me the demand to see Billy Joe in a stadium show. I would pay good $ to see him in a large club or arena but not a stadium. 

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

? Maybe he should dye his hair bright pink,

And stick a safety pin through hs cheeks, 

? Then he’d really fit the ‘New Wave’ image,

But he couldn’t sit down for weeks?

So glad I'm not the only one that thought of this lol