Poll: Anyone wishing we kept McLoughin instead of Hauschka right about now?

Big Turk

Bills Kicker  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish we kept McLoughlin

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well - He has one of the lowest completion records this year among active kickers so could be a slump, and he breaks out of it, but if this continues for the rest of the season, we won’t be spending another season with him.  It wasn’t necessarily missing the 54 yard field go, but the earlier one and the extra point.  We should have been at 20 pts and won.  He wasn’t the only problem, as Allen made poor decisions again like the Brown Pass vs. Beasley.   I don’t know why Daboll keeps calling up these deep passes when they are not working.  I can give Daboll a pass if he gave Allen the freedom to see the field and that was only of three choices Allen could make, them on Allen.

you don’t get stupider points for overthrowing people deep vs. work on timing, or don’t keep going to these high risk, low probability of success.  I know this is about the kicker, but these were also factors Sunday and House shouldn’t be the scapegoat.  He should be playing bette r like the last couple of years.

Completion record? What the hell is that?

The concern wasn't missing the 53 yard FG, the concern was that he came up short. That's unacceptable for an NFL kicker...that ball should have hit the back wall where the fans are, not bounced near the back of the goalline.

Edited by matter2003

I believe he's a decent cello player. The cello, being the most mournful instrument going, would be perfect for him to play when the Bills find some "Billsy" way to lose a game..at least the post game locker room would be entertaining

Edited by entropyrules
  • Sad 1

Hauschka is 8 for 13 right now with a long of 46 yards. I don't believe there is any reason to think McLaughlin couldn't be doing as well or better. Just my 2. 

Edited by H2o

Any player can have a bad game with costly mistakes. I don't remember such poor performances from Hauschka before. If he goes on making important misses then I agree, it's a problem.

We lost 1 game due to 2 missed Fgs (not the only liability). But we won at Tennesee thanks to 4 missed FGs of opposite kicker.  

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Dude has leg to spare and he likes pressure kicks apparently...likely win the Browns game yesterday with him...

And McD doesn't need to go for it on 4th and 4 instead of kicking a 54 yard FG earlier either...

Is this the same guy that missed a 47 yarder, to win it last night? That guy? I didn't vote, cuz it seemed like a dumb poll(still does), but no.

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Dude has leg to spare and he likes pressure kicks apparently...likely win the Browns game yesterday with him...

And McD doesn't need to go for it on 4th and 4 instead of kicking a 54 yard FG earlier either...

Looked pretty clutch in OT ;)

8 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Looked pretty clutch in OT ;)

Hahaha...but at least he got them to OT...Hauschka couldn't even let the kick be wide right or left, he was short...and that is inexcusable

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hahaha...but at least he got them to OT...Hauschka couldn't even let the kick be wide right or left, he was short

The kid did ok in PS for the Bills he made  32,23 and 54yd FGs.

He also kicked 5 XP's

But cutting an established veteran kicker for a rookie when you have plenty of cap room just doesn't make sense.

12 hours ago, london_bills said:

No not at all. Kickers miss kicks, Hauschka has been decent. The pressure is on though if he misses again as they've given him a vote of confidence. Probably audition kickers if he has a bad game. 

Having said that Lee Smith hasn't been cut yet. 

I think Lee Smith does serve one large purpose.  He's a very good blocking TE, (minus the penalties)  He's a good resource for two rookie TE's to lean on for help.  Likely not needed next season as Knox has developed somewhat faster than expected.