Poll: Anyone wishing we kept McLoughin instead of Hauschka right about now?

Big Turk

Bills Kicker  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish we kept McLoughlin

10 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

I'm still not over Dustin Hopkins. I'll probably never get over Dustin Hopkins. To me, Dustin Hopkins is the one that got away.

Hopkins most comparable kicker for his career is Cody Parkey...that's not so great.

Hopkins, like most kickers have up and down years. With so few kicks, a single miss can knock quite a few percentage points off, and since shorter kicks are easier to make it doesn't always tell the whole story either...

Hopkins also is below 50%(9 for 19) in his career on 50+ yard FGs which is not very good for this era...think I'd pass on him.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Hopkins most comparable kicker for his career is Cody Parkey...that's not so great.

Hopkins, like most kickers have up and down years. With so few kicks, a single miss can knock quite a few percentage points off, and since shorter kicks are easier to make it doesn't always tell the whole story either...

Hopkins also is below 50%(9 for 19) in his career on 50+ yard FGs which is not very good for this era...

Yeah, that dude is smoking something. 

I still think the biggest mistake the franchise has ever made is passing on Roberto Aguayo.  Set the team back 20 years.

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Situation with Hauschka kinda reminds me of when Dan Carpenter was so good for so long and then suddenly no longer had it...then was cut and was never heard from again by the NFL...

Completely agree, Carpenter was solid for us for about two years then lost it. Haushka seems to be going down that road.

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Your premise is that all NFL kickers can be relied upon to kick 53 yard field goals consistently. I don’t agree. The bills had an offseason to decide who they thought was better and they chose haushka. The miss in OT does that change your mind?  

While I definitely don't want him anymore after seeing one of the worst misses I've ever seen, I still want a new kicker. Haushka isn't honestly good enough. Most likely won't come until next year though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

While I definitely don't want him anymore after seeing one of the worst misses I've ever seen, I still want a new kicker. Haushka isn't honestly good enough. Most likely won't come until next year though.

That’s fair and yes they may well choose a different kicker next year that will depend on how he finishes 2019 imo

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hopkins also is below 50%(9 for 19) in his career on 50+ yard FGs which is not very good for this era...think I'd pass on him.

So I actually wasn't referring to Dustin's kicking ability, but ok, yes I can see why the confusion...

Yeah well if anything the game tonight illustrates how judging a kicker on one games performance isn’t a great idea. Not saying Haushka will play out his contract in buffalo either though but this year I’d be very surprised if they attempted a switch

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 2