Poll: Anyone wishing we kept McLoughin instead of Hauschka right about now?

Big Turk

Bills Kicker  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish we kept McLoughlin

Dude has leg to spare and he likes pressure kicks apparently...likely win the Browns game yesterday with him...

And McD doesn't need to go for it on 4th and 4 instead of kicking a 54 yard FG earlier either...

Edited by matter2003

Ha I knew this thread was coming great kick under pressure tonite in San Francisco. Very happy for the kid. Haushka had a bad game but it’s 20-20 hindsite at this point. I’m not bailing on haushka personally but it’s definitely debatable who they should have kept

• Like (+1) 2

I have 0 confidence in Haushka right now, I expect him to miss every kick at this point. 

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

NO.  Hauschka had a bad day yesterday.  The trend is disturbing, but I'm still with HauschMoney.

He’s got the yips, he’s done man. I think he is sitting around 60% dating back to week 14 last year. He will cost us more games if we stick with him imo.

4 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Ha I knew this thread was coming great kick under pressure tonite in San Francisco. Very happy for the kid. Haushka had a bad game but it’s 20-20 hindsite at this point. I’m not bailing on haushka personally but it’s definitely debatable who they should have kept

Haushcka has had a bad season and his leg strength is gone...still hasn't recovered that after the hit from last year...

If your kicker forces you to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking 53 yard FGs because you don't think he has the leg for it, you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage in this league to every other team whose kickers have no issues..doubly when your team has a hard time scoring points to begin with and you need every scoring chance you can get...

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No not at all. Kickers miss kicks, Hauschka has been decent. The pressure is on though if he misses again as they've given him a vote of confidence. Probably audition kickers if he has a bad game. 

Having said that Lee Smith hasn't been cut yet. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

I have 0 confidence in Haushka right now, I expect him to miss every kick at this point. 

He’s got the yips, he’s done man. I think he is sitting around 60% dating back to week 14 last year. He will cost us more games if we stick with him imo.

Situation with Hauschka kinda reminds me of when Dan Carpenter was so good for so long and then suddenly no longer had it...then was cut and was never heard from again by the NFL...

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Haushcka has had a bad season and his leg strength is gone...still hasn't recovered that after the hit from last year...

If your kicker forces you to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking 53 yard FGs because you don't think he has the leg for it, you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage in this league to every other team whose kickers have no issues..doubly when your team has a hard time scoring points to begin with and you need every scoring chance you can get...

Your premise is that all NFL kickers can be relied upon to kick 53 yard field goals consistently. I don’t agree. The bills had an offseason to decide who they thought was better and they chose haushka. The miss in OT does that change your mind?  

• Thank you (+1) 1