NFC Slug-Fest: Hawks @ 9ers

17 minutes ago, the skycap said:

This is something else I'd like to see Allen do, designed throws on the run.

I wonder if that might help on the deep throws?...   PA and have him roll out/back, then launch.   Might help him from overthinking so much. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not saying he CANT turn upfield but I’m also wondering why he didn’t here (why)

Booger just said he can run every route in the tree. Well, so can you and me. It may take a while,  but we can do it. That’s the issue with Metcalf. 

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Is it just me.... or does it seem like these 2 teams play faster with more aggression and violence than the Bills?

I think that’s the MNF effect.   Looks different than a daytime CBS broadcast. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Is it just me.... or does it seem like these 2 teams play faster with more aggression and violence than the Bills?

It's not just you, they look a lot better than the Bill's, we need serious talent bad.  No one on our team scares anyone, except for maybe Tre White

Two observations of tonight's game as it relates to the Bills:

1)  QB's fumble.  It happens.  The more a QB is sacked or runs with the football the more they fumble.  Why some folks on this board obsess over Allen's fumbles while ignoring all the other fumbles is beyond me.  From the Giants rookie QB who has had 2 of his fumbles returned for TD's to Carolina's Kyle Allen who has lost 5 fumbles to Jimmy G tonight who just fumbled the 49's momentum away.

2)  I think we have a good defense but I also think they do some things very poorly.  One is getting the opposing O off the field and the other is that they don't force TO's.  But all I've read today from the Western NY sports media is how bad the Bills O is and it's "unfair" to expect the D to carry us.  And I respond why the hell can't we expect the D to carry us?  That's the Bills strength.  Tonight the Seahawk's D forces a TO and makes it a game.  When you have a struggling O the best way a D can help is force a lot of 3 & outs and TO's.  Our D doesn't do either.  How many defensive TD's have been scored this year?  And we have only ONE forced TO in the opponents red zone.  I bet that's worst in the league. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It's not just you, they look a lot better than the Bill's, we need serious talent bad.  No one on our team scares anyone, except for maybe Tre White

I mean both teams on both sides are going at it. Metcalf is huge, the DEs are monsters and both teams just look fast!

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

1)  QB's fumble.  It happens.  The more a QB is sacked or runs with the football the more they fumble.  Why some folks on this board obsess over Allen's fumbles while ignoring all the other fumbles is beyond me.  From the Giants rookie QB who has had 2 of his fumbles returned for TD's to Carolina's Kyle Allen who has lost 5 fumbles to Jimmy G tonight who just fumbled the 49's momentum away.

2)  I think we have a good defense but I also think they do some things very poorly.  One is getting the opposing O off the field and the other is that they don't force TO's.  But all I've read today from the Western NY sports media is how bad the Bills O is and it's "unfair" to expect the D to carry us.  And I respond why the hell can't we expect the D to carry us?  That's the Bills strength.  Tonight the Seahawk's D forces a TO and makes it a game.  When you have a struggling O the best way a D can help is force a lot of 3 & outs and TO's.  Our D doesn't do either.  How many defensive TD's have been scored this year?  And we have only ONE forced TO in the opponents red zone.  I bet that's worst in the league. 

I get your second point, but you need an offense to be a contender these days. The 85 Bears wouldn’t cut it in today’s NFL without a decent offense. Our defensive weak spot has been forcing turnovers and creating big plays, so to that point I agree. However, even San Francisco scored 10 points before the Seattle D put points on the board. 10 points against us is almost too much for our D to give up. Imo, that’s why our offense has been all the talk. 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Talking about the importance of FORCED TO's...................................One got the Seahawk's a TD and one by the 49's took a Seahawks TD off the board. 

The more I think about it the more the lack of forced TO's by our D is a problem for the Bills that is going under the radar.  And of course the morons that cover the Bills in Western NY don't seem to notice while they focus on Allen's fumbles.

• Like (+1) 1